Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34) >

Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34)

Community

Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34)

Old 11-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 34 thread!

Came home to see the family. Headin back up tomorow. Buck sightings are just about nill now. Another couple days and they should pick it back up.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry guys I havent been on much with work hunting and computer problems but A few congrats in order to ilhunter, doublecreek and tedrow nice bucks guys. Some of you might have read Rob/pabowyer post about a 150inch ten I didnt find in Illanois. I will have a story to post of this hunt soon they did recover my buck 3 days later it is a 8 point with a 21 1/2 inside spread scoring not offical 138. I hope to explain the recovery that has me sad and baffeled at the same time. Happy Thanksgiving guys.. Story hopefully soon.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Q2 at least someone is having some success. Had my sons up ML hunting over the weekend and just brought them home for school. So I decided to spend the night and hed back up in the morn. Glad I did -20 wind chill this am. So just on the way out the door now wont be home till Friday to get the boys again. It is getting tough boys dont expect much out of me anymore.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:28 AM

Guys, keep at it, plenty of season left! I haven't hunted much since arrowing my buck on the 17th. Things in MS are just starting to get good, so I hope to get lucky again in December!

Q2, sorry to here about your buck, but atleast you have closure now!
Old 12-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where did everyone go?
Old 12-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Spike

This morning I decided to put my bow down andput my orange on and I grabbed my muzzleloader. It was cold and really windy this morning, it was down right misserable. At 7:30 I had a doe come up out of the creek heading right towards me about a minute late I see horns. My first thought was he's a shooter, but then he turned towards me and I thought no he's not because he was narrow. His rack was only out to the tips of his ears. So, for about a minute and a half watching him turn his head back and forth and changing my mind every time he did, I finally though it's been a long season, it's cold, it's only going to get colder, screw it I'm filling my last buck tag. I put the crosshairs tigh behind his shoulder, he was broadside at about 30 yards, and squeezed the trigger. He turnt and ran right at me falling over dead right at the base of the tree I was sitting in. In all he was with 7 does. I call him the Pimp daddy buck. I was shocked when I put the tape on him. I thought there was no way he was as big as the first one I shot this year. I was thinking mid 140's. He ended up being 154-5/8". I am very pleased. I must say the lord has truely blessed me with another great season. Now it's time to start shooting some yotes. Good luck everyone.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

-26 again this am. Dang cold.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats IL.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ummm hello where is everyone? Well this afternoon will be my last stand. Over and out.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I give up, I am done.

Quick Reply: Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.