HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-deer-bowhunting-contest-97/)
-   -   Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-deer-bowhunting-contest/258928-official-team-bone-collectors-thread-10-a.html)

8pt~Bowhunter 08-27-2008 06:01 PM

RE: Official Team 10 Thread

ORIGINAL: BGHUNTER00

No luck, says it's not supported blah blah blah. I'll keep trying.
1.Right click on the Avatar, and select "Save Picture As," and save to "Desktop".

2. Go to 'My Profile" on HNI and select, "Upload my picture (will replace the existing one)". Go to "Desktop" and upload the team avatar.

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click, "save".

Let me know if this works...;)

titleist_03 08-28-2008 06:48 AM

RE: Official Team 10 Thread

Did anyone else have issues with getting it to load? The original that was posted was a touch too big. I had to take it to photoshop and play around with the settings to get it to be the correct size so it would upload.

BigDaddy12t 08-28-2008 10:00 AM

RE: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Hey guys, just wanted to stop in and wish you all good luck this year. Hunt hard, and hunt safe.

Darren

8pt~Bowhunter 08-28-2008 11:45 AM

Will do!

racewayking 08-28-2008 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

Hey guys, just wanted to stop in and wish you all good luck this year. Hunt hard, and hunt safe.

Darren
Thanks Darren, I'll be huntin with one of ypour teamates and watchin out for him.

mert_04 08-28-2008 01:49 PM

BGHUNTER00 08-28-2008 02:57 PM

Still no luck on the avatar, the fact that my laptop was made back in the 40's may have something to do with it.

BigDaddy12t 08-28-2008 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: racewayking

Darren
Thanks Darren, I'll be huntin with one of ypour teamates and watchin out for him.
Thanks raceway, who is it that you will be hunting with? Goodluck to the both of you, but I have to say I hope my teamate gets the bigger buck.:D

racewayking 08-28-2008 05:27 PM

Darren
Thanks raceway, who is it that you will be hunting with? Goodluck to the both of you, but I have to say I hope my teamate gets the bigger buck.:D
MECHDOC, he is hunting with me on a property I have hunted for several years. He should have posted a picture of two ten pointers, the bigger one is mine;)

racewayking 08-29-2008 06:07 AM

Hey Guys- I am heading out to check my stands today and make sure shooting lanes and travel lanes are good to go. I also have to move a camera and put another up on a trail that we haven't focused on. I might be putting an additional stand in my main tree for filming as well!

BGHUNTER00 08-29-2008 01:57 PM

Thought I would get us more acquainted. What equipment do you guys hunt with, where do you hunt, do you have any hunting trips planned this year, and what is the largest buck you have ever harvested?

Bowtech Patriot, WB, Montecs, Carbon Express Terminators
Hunt in Central IN
Going on a Coues deer hunt this coming Jan in AZ
180" whitetail

I went on a DIY black bear hunt this May to AK and it was amazing. We did use rifles, but the next time I'll take a bow. If someone sends me an email address to post a pic of the bear I'll send it to you so you can all ckeck it out.

Troy

24/7 hunter 08-29-2008 02:38 PM

Metal riser recurve 48 pounds at 28". Vapor carbons, Magnus broadheads, and once in a while, Mathews Ovation 65 pounds with Beman ICS and Rocket Hammerheads.
I hunt central and SW Wisconsin, and we are going on a trip to bowhunt whitetails in northeast Kansas in November.
Biggest buck I've killed is a 110" 9 point.

Im really hoping to kill any deer with my recurve this year, so that will be my primary weapon.

racewayking 08-29-2008 04:50 PM

I'll be using my new 80# hoyt katera with a 403gr. Easton Axis Nano and NAP Crossfire broadheads.

I'll mainly hunt Kane County Illinois and Brown County in the Golden Triangle a bit. I might get up with my hunting buddy Mechdoc to lower Wisconsin and might get out with Peakrut for a few hunts.

My biggest ever was around 160", not sure because I never measured it. That mount and another 150 class disappeared with my two dogs the day I went to divorce court, my ex in laws looted my crib and the cops did nothing!!![:@] I have also shot several 120-140 class bucks.

I did have a crack at a 196" buck in 2000 and have been trying to get on one of the farms around here where it was taken since we lost permission on the land we used to hunt. My current spot has a lot of 110-140" deer with a few in the 150-160 range.

8pt~Bowhunter 08-30-2008 12:47 PM

My name is Mike and I'll be doing most of my hunting in Central TN. (Although, I might be able to hunt in Illinois this October...;))

I'll be using a Parker Ultra Lite31 set @60# with CX Terminator Lite 6075 arrows tipped with 100 grain smoke broadheads. I'll behunting predominately from a tree stand but may use a groundblind in some areas.

I'll hopefully have some footage to share with you guys. (This will be my first year filming hunt.) :D

Buck Magnet 08-30-2008 12:57 PM

Well, I guess I should jump in....

My name is Jason and I will be hunting in south western Pennsylvania. I will be shooting a BowTech 82nd Airborne (29"@71#) shooting 28" Eastin Lightspeeds tipped with Rocky Mt Snypers. Sword Apex Micro 3rd plane sight, G5 Meta Peep, VaporTrail LimbDriver rest, Treelimb Quiver, 7" Hi-Tex Carbon Rod Stabilizer. Most of my hunting will be done from my Summit Bushmaster climber, but I have several hang ons set up as well as I groundblind that I plan on using. Biggest buck I have killed would have been a mid 140" class non-typical 12 point if he wouldn't have snapped hi G-3 and a good 10" of main beam off his right side. Things havn't looked to great this season as far as antler size, but I have seen alot of bucks and I am seeing bigger bucks lately. I would say that I have a pretty good chance at a 110" buck this year, and I am sure there are bigger, I just havn't seen them.

racewayking 08-30-2008 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

My name is Mike and I'll be doing most of my hunting in Central TN. (Although, I might be able to hunt in Illinois this October...;))

I'll be using a Parker Ultra Lite31 set @60# with CX Terminator Lite 6075 arrows tipped with 100 grain smoke broadheads. I'll behunting predominately from a tree stand but may use a groundblind in some areas.

I'll hopefully have some footage to share with you guys. (This will be my first year filming hunt.) :D
Where in Illinois might you be hunting???

8pt~Bowhunter 08-30-2008 03:29 PM

Where in Illinois might you be hunting???
Carmi, Illinois.

I'm trying to enter the Campbell Outdoor challenge...:D

http://www.illinoisdeerhunting.com/

racewayking 08-31-2008 09:55 AM

Good luck with the challenge, let me know if you make it down there. I have one of my fathers friends hunting for a month a couple of counties away. I might be down that way so if you make it and get a buck I'd love to stop and check it out.

titleist_03 08-31-2008 08:19 PM

That's awesome 8pt. I'd love to enter the challenge sometime. Hopefully you get a chance to get up here and give it a try.

Made a quick trip up to our farms to check trail cameras and the 3 hour drive was well worth the trip. The bean fields were dynamite the past three weeks and we now a long list of bucks we're looking for this fall. Here are some of the biggest and best.

24/7 hunter 08-31-2008 09:10 PM

titleist, those are some dandies! good luck with them. Less than 2 weeks til my season, and I've been seeing alot of does, but not much for bucks. Hopefully they will show up soon.

racewayking 09-01-2008 06:43 AM

ORIGINAL: 24/7 hunter

titleist, those are some dandies! good luck with them. Less than 2 weeks til my season, and I've been seeing alot of does, but not much for bucks. Hopefully they will show up soon.
X2, some good deer showing up. If anyone is having avatar problems you can PM me your login and password and I can save it for you.

8pt~Bowhunter 09-02-2008 07:43 AM

Good luck with the challenge, let me know if you make it down there. I have one of my fathers friends hunting for a month a couple of counties away. I might be down that way so if you make it and get a buck I'd love to stop and check it out.
Thanks, and I'll let you know ifI score a big one! ;)

sr77 09-03-2008 02:30 PM

hey guys, is this the team ten thread.....i was pmed by Rob and told you guys needed an alternate??

Shane

Buck Magnet 09-03-2008 04:13 PM

Hey Shane, I believe you are going to be a member of "Team Perfect Ten" which is team number 32

mert_04 09-03-2008 04:22 PM

Bowtech Tomkat, MZE rest, Slick Trick broadheads and Gold Tip XT arrows.I'll mainly be hunting down here in lower Michigan near school. I will also ditching school for a week to go to southern Illinois. I was out about two weeks ago on the property I'm hunting here in MI and saw a decent 6 and 8. Hoping to connect with one of those boys this year.

peakrut 09-03-2008 04:25 PM

Shed season is not until Jan-March bone collectors.[8D]

muckland 09-03-2008 04:32 PM

Hey Guys, Checking in. It looks like we have a great team;)I shoot a PSE Baby-G force. Still in the dark age, hope to upgrade soon. We have seen some great bucks the last couple of evenings. Trying to get some pics[:@]
Anyway, some pics from the last three years.

05 Gun...

I should be good for @ least 120 Inchs:D..Talk to you guys soon..

racewayking 09-03-2008 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: peakrut

Shed season is not until Jan-March bone collectors.[8D]
Sorry Homie but ours are still attached to the skull plate.

P.S. Germ called and told me Mr Mass was a wet dream, season over for you guys!

24/7 hunter 09-07-2008 11:09 AM

Hey guys, just wondering how everyone is doing.
I got some stands hung today and Im going out to build a ground blind in a little while. Im probably going to hunt the ground blind opening night if the wind is good. only 6 more days til I can hunt! I cant wait:D

racewayking 09-07-2008 12:40 PM

It's been quiet, crickets chirping. I still have a piece of property to scout and it's getting late. Last pics from my main property were looking good and I took down a ladder stand there and put a larger hang on at 23 feet up 20 yards from the spot my deer are funneling. I am not in the mix until October 1st[:@] but look forward to an early score if possible;)

8pt~Bowhunter 09-07-2008 01:05 PM

This afternoon I'm going to retrieve my trail camera...I'll hopefully have some good pictures of a buck to post! :D

racewayking 09-07-2008 05:05 PM

This afternoon I'm going to retrieve my trail camera...I'll hopefully have some good pictures of a buck to post! :D
We look forward to the pics!

titleist_03 09-10-2008 08:40 PM

Bringing us back from the depths of page 3!

fatsbucknut 09-11-2008 10:11 AM

Hey guys. Saw a couple of beautiful PA bucks while spotlighting a few days ago. All of them were well within half a mile of a couple of my spots. I'm heading to Ohio this weekend for a last minute scouting trip before the season.

Buck Magnet 09-11-2008 01:31 PM

Hey guys, I finally am entirely ready for season, all the stands are hung, all the clothes are washed, bow is sighted in, scouting is pretty much done, everything is packed away, now I just have to wait ;) I have a packed weekend this week, my sister is getting married Saturday, and football party at my other sisters house on Sunday. Next week I will be back to shooting my bow and watching the soybean fields from a distance. I havn't been out spotting in awhile, actually was only out once this year, so I might do some more of that. I have some decent bucks that I am looking at, but nothing close to big, hopefully that will change closer to the rut when my vacation starts.

8pt~Bowhunter 09-11-2008 03:01 PM

Hey guys, I tried uploading my trail cam pictures to photobucket, but it seems they are undergoing website maintenance...[:o] I'll try posting them again in a little while....

8pt~Bowhunter 09-11-2008 03:45 PM

Photobucket is back online!

8pt~Bowhunter 09-11-2008 03:47 PM

EDIT: double post...

24/7 hunter 09-12-2008 03:31 PM

hey guys, Im hutning tomorrow!!! I can't wait. I gotta work at 8, but I'm going to sit for an hour anyway. hopefully something will come along. Ill keep everyone updated.

8pt~Bowhunter 09-13-2008 03:06 PM

Good luck and be safe!