HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-deer-bowhunting-contest-97/)
-   -   Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-deer-bowhunting-contest/258928-official-team-bone-collectors-thread-10-a.html)

Buck Magnet 08-25-2008 06:55 AM

RE: Official Team 10 Thread

Hey guys, Team Bone Collectors sounds like the way to go and when I get some free time I will work on a logo. Work has been nuts but it is starting to slow down and I finally finally have some free time this weekend. Saturday I will be heading to Cabelas and getting my new Reconyx RC60 game camera and setting it up. I also have to get some new broadheads and pick up some new camo.

I just talked to the property owner of my honey hole property and he said that he saw a really big buck in his garden a few days ago. I had a camera running on this property a month ago and only got a couple of small 8 points. I plan on puttin the Recoynx out on this property and hopefully get some photos of this buck.

24/7 hunter 08-25-2008 07:18 AM

Hey there team. Bone collectors sounds great to me. The logo also sounds pretty cool. I have seen a few nice bucks while shining in the past week or so, but still no nice pics!

racewayking 08-25-2008 01:09 PM

looks like we got a plan and we are heading for an upset!

Buck Magnet 08-25-2008 04:52 PM

Hey guys, I decided to play around with creating an avatar for the team this evening. I have Adobe Photoshop CS2 but I gotta admit, I am not too familiar with it. I did come up with an avatar (its not the best), and I figured that I would post it up and get your opinions....

24/7 hunter 08-25-2008 05:00 PM

Looks good to me Buck Magnet. I was thinking it would be cool if the reaper could have a tall scythe wityh a dead buck hanging from the blade, probably too hard to do though.
We checked our cameras on a lease we have and there is an 8 and 10 point hanging together, both 130-140 class deer.

racewayking 08-25-2008 08:14 PM

I love the reaper but the reading is a little hard to read, could we make it white and have it on the bottom? The avatar kicks major butt, love that reaper!

racewayking 08-25-2008 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: 24/7 hunter

Looks good to me Buck Magnet. I was thinking it would be cool if the reaper could have a tall scythe wityh a dead buck hanging from the blade, probably too hard to do though.
We checked our cameras on a lease we have and there is an 8 and 10 point hanging together, both 130-140 class deer.
Good to hear you have some good bucks showing up!

Buck Magnet 08-25-2008 08:42 PM

Okay guys, I redid the avatar a bit. I emphasized the antlers a little more, they were almost impossible to see in the first one, and I added the writing to the bottom and its in white... let me know what you guys think....

racewayking 08-25-2008 08:47 PM

The avatar kicks serious arse, you did a killer job on that and I am stoked.

Buck Magnet 08-25-2008 08:49 PM

Thanks, it actually wasn't much work... well, I will be putting that as my new avatar now.

Buck Magnet 08-25-2008 09:14 PM

Well guys, I totally forgot to give ya'll an update. I went scouting on the farm that borders my honey hole property. This farm is open to any and everybody but it usually doesn't get any pressure until rifle season. I sat up watching the fence row that borders my honey hole property and ended up seeing a total of 12 deer, all bucks. The smallest was a little 7 point, and only one was a definet shooter. He was definetly a 3-1/2 year old (pretty easy to tell when he is feeding with a 1-1/2 y.o. 8 point and a 2-1/2 y.o. crab claw 7 point. He is a main frame 8 point around 17" wide, decent tine length with a few small kickers. The cool thing about the buck is that he is heavily palmated on his left side, it looked like a human palm. They came out through a golden rod field (staging area) which means that they came out of the timber where I have several treestands and a ground blind set-up. Saturday when I get my new game camera I will be setting it up either on that fence row or on the edge of a nearby cornfield that was kicked into a fine dust from so many deer walking past. My personal property isn't looking good but thankfully I am seeing alot of activity on my honey hole ground!

racewayking 08-25-2008 09:25 PM

Glad to hear you have some deer at the honeyhole, that makes two of us! How are things looking for everyone else?

I have another property to scout this weekend that gets no deerhunting pressure, it could have a monster or two so I'll keep everyone posted.

24/7 hunter 08-25-2008 10:42 PM

That avatar is great Buck Magnet. I didn't see the antlers in the first one, but now that I do, It looks perfect!

I have some good news. I got permission to hunt about 20 acres surrounded by city land and a subdivision that can't be hunted. It is some tall grass with a little piece of woods that the deer use to get to a 10 acre food plot my cousin owns. There is a strip of woods 50 yards behind a house that the deer walk past everynight. Turns out this guy owns the woods, and it is close toa house, but the family just left, and are just leaving the house there, so now I don't have to worry about them yelling at me for hunting so close to their yard. I saw 15 deer on the food plot 1/2 hr before dark tonight, and see 20 - 25 there everynight while shining, including a 130" ten pointer. Im pumped!
So where is everyone going to be hunting this fall, and what is your goal for this hunting season?

peakrut 08-26-2008 05:35 AM

Got a nickname for your team, These Girls Rock!:D:D

racewayking 08-26-2008 05:48 AM

ORIGINAL: peakrut

Got a nickname for your team, These Girls Rock!:D:D
Hey, the cock knockers called and want their team captain back. Good luck on this season brother and remember that the Bone Collectors will be coming to a forrest near you soon!

peakrut 08-26-2008 05:57 AM

LOL, I got a bone for ya.

Good luck to you also brotha.

racewayking 08-26-2008 05:58 AM

Hey Peak, you guys gonna get an Avatar?

peakrut 08-26-2008 06:00 AM

I have kydeerhunter85 working on it.

rybohunter 08-26-2008 06:03 AM

Jason, glad to see you have some potential in on of your spots. It’s got to be very frustrating to have them somewhat collapse in what they had been producing. Luck to you & the fiancé this fall. Are you getting acorns dropping already? Have a few dropping here, it seems EARLY to me.

Raceway, Gotta root for you to score too, so you can supply the meat for next years GTG. :DIn da woods has to cook again too.

racewayking 08-26-2008 06:04 AM

Sweet, you guys can have Oompa Loompa's running around a christmans tree. Hahahahaha

peakrut 08-26-2008 06:06 AM

LMAO sob
You guys should have boy george and maude nude for your avatar.

peakrut 08-26-2008 06:32 AM

This look familiar to you?

racewayking 08-26-2008 04:01 PM

Never seen that place, is it Wisconsin?

fatsbucknut 08-26-2008 07:18 PM

Buck Magnet, that is an awesome avatar. Nice work. Kinda crazy guys there was just a shooting about 20 yards from my apartment, thankfully no one was hurt. Gotta love Carlisle, Pa

racewayking 08-26-2008 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut

Buck Magnet, that is an awesome avatar. Nice work. Kinda crazy guys there was just a shooting about 20 yards from my apartment, thankfully no one was hurt. Gotta love Carlisle, Pa
Gangsta action, glad to hear you are ok!

titleist_03 08-26-2008 08:11 PM

That avatar is incredible! Nice job!

racewayking 08-26-2008 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: titleist_03

Ummm, you need to download it and replace your old one;)

rybohunter 08-26-2008 08:32 PM

[align=right][/align][align=left]My brother lives in Carlisle. Out by the little airport. [/align]

racewayking 08-26-2008 08:35 PM

Is Carlisle as bad as fatsbucknut is saying? I might need to get him a few plugged thugs to keep him safe.

peakrut 08-26-2008 11:53 PM

Kev's brothers place

ORIGINAL: racewayking

Never seen that place, is it Wisconsin?

rybohunter 08-27-2008 04:44 AM

Is Carlisle as bad as fatsbucknut is saying? I might need to get him a few plugged thugs to keep him safe.
I’ve only been there a few times to visit, seemed rather small town po-dunk to me.
But my bro says the drug scene is pretty big.

muckland 08-27-2008 05:37 AM

Hey Men, Just checking in again... Been on Vacation. The name is great, sorry i haven't chimed in on the name. Doesn't look like you waited for me anyway;). I vote for BuckM for Cap't... Great looking Avatar:D

racewayking 08-27-2008 05:45 AM

ORIGINAL: muckland

Hey Men, Just checking in again... Been on Vacation. The name is great, sorry i haven't chimed in on the name. Doesn't look like you waited for me anyway;). I vote for BuckM for Cap't... Great looking Avatar:D

Good to see you back! BuckMagnet already posted that he'd be team captain in the team captain thread so we are all squared away. Now it's time to start collecting;)

racewayking 08-27-2008 05:51 AM

ORIGINAL: titleist_03

Hey Blake- What part of West Central Illinois you hunting this year? I am going to be in Brown County on 102 acres a few weekends this year which is pretty close to you. If you are gonna be anywhere near me shoot me a pm. I do anticipate on taking my contest deer from Kane County though, unless I am striking out before the first weekend of November.

BGHUNTER00 08-27-2008 07:20 AM

Guy's, Ive never had an avatar, how do I get it attached to my profile? By the way nice work it looks great.

Buck Magnet 08-27-2008 07:24 AM

All you need to do is right click the avatar and hit "save picture as" and save it on your computer. After that, go to the top of the page where it says "My Profile" and click that. Scroll down till the avatar section and click the "upload my picture (will replace the existing one)" When the box opens, find the avatar picture that you save and hit okay..... it should upload to your posts then. Hope this helped :)

BGHUNTER00 08-27-2008 08:14 AM

No luck, says it's not supported blah blah blah. I'll keep trying.

24/7 hunter 08-27-2008 08:27 AM

I tried with mine and it said it was too big. Im no good with computers though, lol

fatsbucknut 08-27-2008 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: racewayking

haha, after gowing up in the country with no neighbors you might as well just put me in New York City. I cant wait til my fiance finishes grad school so we can move out of the town. I was out scouting last night and i'm convinced this new property is gonna pay off, i've never been able to hunt such good deer sign.

racewayking 08-27-2008 10:49 AM

Sounds like a sweet spot to hunt. Can't wait to see what you get out of there.