Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30) >

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Community

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Old 11-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 30 Thread

No other way than to keep trying Rocky, good luck!

I saw two buckssniffing out my soybean field this morning from the house - modest 8 'ers. I went out this afternoon in strong winds on my farm, and just saw a small 6 at a distance. I am going to try a spot I haven't been at for a while tomorrow morning - a good funnel for cruising bucks.

-fsh
Old 11-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

A lot of excitement mid-morning. I had a 10 ptr in front of me at 15 yds, but he was not a shooter (~110 class). A doe came running up behind, looked at the 10, and did a right angle turn out to a field. A v.nice shooter 9 followed her along and then with the 10 in tow. Oh if only that buck wasn't in front of me, I would have had a good opportunity with the 9'er - good mass, nice spread, and good tine length, ~130 class. I saw the chase again a bit later, but not near close enough. I also rattled a 5 ptr into my set up right at sunrise.

-fsh
Old 11-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Good Luck Andy

Keep at her bud, sounds like their running them their bud. I gotta get back onem starting Monday. I needed some timeto get my rest back up to par. I believe they'll be on em here too Andy come Monday. Good luck and God Bless.
Rocky
Old 11-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey guys.

Sorry I haven't checked in in a while....but rest assured I've been hunting my butt off. 74 sits so far.....and I've seen the buck I want a total of 3 times, now. He always seems to be behind something when I need hm to be NOT there.....lol. I've had him inside 40 yds on all 3 occasions. Yet.....he lives.

I'll be at it hard this week.....and throughout the rest of the season. I'll tke the longbow out, Thursday...and I admit I'll likely shoot any deer I get the opportunity on. If it's a small buck....I'll have no apologies. Otherwise....the compond will be with me until I score a buck.....or run out of time.

Kudos to everyone who's gotten it done, so far.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Typical Buck

Andy, you continue to have great adventures. Nobody should be allowed to have that much fun. Methinks when you bring one in, he'll be a dandy.

GMMAT, same for you. 74 sits is a lot of hunting and you'll ultimately be rewarded, even though getting to hunt that much is largely its own reward.

After being close to numerous does with archery gear Saturday (they're closed) but no bucks, my son got this with MY rifle today. We were hunkered down in a good spot well before dawn and at first light we spotted him chasing a doe. It was nearly half an hour before we got good shooting light and there was an appropriateshot opportunity.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Jack
Congrats top your son's buck,looks to be close to 125 and some change,God that is some fine country you hunt in. Well my day was a balmy +5 which was nice for a change LOL. I needed a break in the wind , 0 for wind today and because it was so warm it made for it to be very quiet, Like me not being able to hear the crunch from the hoof as it hit's the ground[:@].Never saw a dang thing till 9:30 and it was a 2x2 runt who said shoot me[:'(]. Lucky fella any ways at (;40 I see movement 60 yards through the bush on the field but can't make out what it is. I grab the horns and bang them n grind them and the buck makes a turn form me. WowI love that when it happens, I have this buck on cam and he's here on my video cams I posted early in the summer. He'sa 5x6 that then would at my guess go 160ish and tip the scales at 350lbs . Well he's down sized in weight for sure but has grown more antler since I caught himon my cam .Guessing him closer to 180 now with 13 inch p2 and 14 p3, what a beautiful specimen. He was on me as fast as it took to grab my bow and get drawn. He was still 20 yards away when I drew and held for 2 minutes and had to let off. He turn away from and I drew again but to no avail he simply walked out of my life.Hopefully not for ever though[X(]. By midday I had rattled in a great buck and then I got to see 2 more mature bucks that would score 140ish and 150ish. From 12:20 till 2 I saw zipponow Talk and figured that good 180 walked right by my other stand,thought I would beat him to the punch and get him this time as he exited the bush for the night. Never happened but at this stand I saw to does that I drew on till they started to head but and wow!!! They were button bucks that I could not see any antler on[>:]. Just not my day ,so in all I saw 6bucks ,3 being immature ones and3 that were shooters and 1 doe. Crappy if you ask me but the big boys are walking in search of love now[&o]Talk to you's tomorrowand Andy!!! Shoot one will ya! LMAO Good luck and be safe out their.
Rocky
Old 11-25-2008, 03:18 AM
Typical Buck

Jack - ditto on the congrats with your son's buck!

Rocky - always a great adventure when you make things happen with rattling. Did the big one just never stop or just no clear lane for the shot? Keep on him!

-fsh
Old 11-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

Andy

He stopped as I doe bleated at him and kept walking,he did stop to look aruond to see where the bucks that were fighting were. He even scent checked the air, he chose to stand behind the willow instead of continuing on the trail he came in on.[:@]
Today was brutal, got on stand as usal and this is the honey hole of honeyhole's. Left at 11:45 with out a peep as the fella that backs on to the bush was getting his trees trimmed. To much noise so I left I couldn't hear a dang thing too [:@]. If I can't hear the animal I'm at a disadvantage so I left in disgust. Need to get my banking done and last minute stuff so I can hunt Saturday if need be. Will head back to the dairy farm where I saw the 3 big bucks in the same day. Wish me luck tomorrow ,cause if I don't have luck I might as well stay home[>:]. God Bless guys ,oh yeah how are yaTeam Captain Gmmat? Get us on the board[]. Was +6 when I left the bush,should be -30 by now ,probably why the deer are so nocturnal!
Rocky[&o]
Rocky
Old 11-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

The mid-20's (F)are cold to us Rocky! Tough to hunt in the frozenNorth...

I saw nothing in my two previous outings. A doe stood broadside at 15 yds this morning - verrryyy tempting, but I hoped something would be following her, not. I heard a buck(?) walk through in the pre-dawn light, but never got a look.

-fsh

Old 11-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

Better Day
Well it started out like every other sit I guess, nothing till 9:30 and it was steady till 1:20 then quiet till 4:20 when 3 does appeared and I let them walk hoping the same thing Andy was. Wrong answer for me to Andy[&:]Packed up and left seeing 6 bucks and 3 does for the day. Had shots all 4 of the bucks with the best being a small 4x4 basket head that might go 100. Still got 2 days left to hunt and tomorrow I'm going to a spot I haven't hunted this year. That's where I had a 160ish duck an arrow a few years back andI shot above his spine and he livedwith a war wound I guess[:'(]. If nothing tomorrow then it's back to the Chicken farm for one last crack at the cat.That will be the last dayfor hunting for me as the season will be over on the 5th of December [:'(]. Wish me luck guys and the best to you's too.
Rocky

Quick Reply: Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.