Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7) >

Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7)

Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7)

Old 10-08-2008, 06:35 PM

Default RE: Official Team 7 Hangout

hey everyone... so i didn't plan on it but for the next couple weeks i will be hunting this 36+ inch bull moose that is roaming around my area... i have called him in 5 times but he will not give me a clean look at his vitals!!!!! As for deer... i have only seen some basket racks around my house.. haven't been to any of the other stands further away from my house!
Old 10-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

hey guys, just wanted to report that my 9 yr old son got his first deer tonite. It is youth season here this weekend. we didn't see anything this morning. we went to a different spot tonite and saw a deer under the tree we were going to sit next too. It's always a good early dropping oak. anyway I spotted the deer and asked him if he wanted to shoot it and of course he siad yes. It was about 75 yrds away and he made a perfect heart shot on it with open sighted 20 ga. it ran about 60 yrds. We thought it was a doe when he shot but turned out to be a spike. He is on cloud 9! it was a really cool nite. I told him I shot 5or 6 boxes of slugs before I ever hit my first deer. He got his on his first shot.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:33 AM

Hey thats great,Something you and your boy will remember forever.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats PJ to you and your son. My son is 12 and wants to hunt so bad. He has to wait until he is 14 in NY.

Went to camp this w/e. Lots of small rubs and scrapes. Everyhting we saw was from small bucks. Although I didn't get too close to my "bat cave" stand, I could tell there is a lot of activity along the entrance. Also set up a new stand called the "ant hill" stand. I placed it over looking a large field in a pine tree. All set for next Saturday.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Spike

Congrats to you and your boy, I can still remember my first deer, age 14, like it was yesterday.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:22 PM

well i drew blood tonight... but it wasn't on a deer. i ended up shooting a coyote with my bow. It was a 30 yard shot and he piled up in less than 80 yards. I have had many close encounters with these wiley old things but i have never been able to seal the deal. Tonight i almost shot myself a doe as well.. All she had to do was take one more step and she was mine but then yet another coyote came and spooked the doe. Just me luck hahaha oh well, it was a good night all around
Old 10-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats PJ, get us some pictures!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, PJ (and to you, Alberta). Hope to see some pics soon. Just a few more days and season opens here!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

I'd post pics but for some reason can never get it to work. Looks like the weather for this weekend is going to be prime
Old 10-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Hello everyone

I am back from CO what an elk hunt. We saw plenty of elk, my dad closed the deal on a cow in the first hour of the hunt and I was lucky enough to take a cow with less than an hour to go on the last day. A small 5X5 stepped out after I shot my cow, but was not big enough for the wall so I was glad I didn't have to shot him. Maybe he will come back next year. I learned a lot this hunt,but one thing in this area is to get in farther and higher than anyone else. I just wish I would have done that on day one not day four. If anyone has a suggestion for a do it yourselfer on public land let me know. I am definitly looking for a 280 inch or better bull and I know that they can come of of public land.

Quick Reply: Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.