Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7) >

Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7)

Community

Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7)

Old 09-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 7 Hangout

Can't wait. Saw four doe and three buck in the back field last night. Turkeys EVERYWHERE yesterday.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome!
Old 09-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

My season here in KS opens this Monday Sept. 22. I took off next Fridayand that will be my first day out. Friday I'll be out all day. I usually hold out till late in the season waiting on a big one but hopefully one of those in the earlier photos will come by a lot sooner. Let ya know what happens.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:16 PM

Oct 1st will not get here fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 11:48 AM

hey guys i went out last night and almost closed the deal on the 1st doe of the season. i had her 10 yards behind me but she sensed that something wasn't right and she just turned around and walked away. Oh well it was an awesome night to say the least. I"ll be back out tonight i will keep ya posted

Mitch
Old 09-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

What a weekend. Lots of action, but nothing I wanted to shot. It took less than a minute and there was a 6 pt. at 10 yards, barely had the bow up inthe stand. I was hunting with two friends and one of them closed the deal on a nice 8pt on Sat. night. There is plenty of future deer. We saw 8 different bucks that I hope can make through the season. I also spent the weekend getting ready for the Elk trip. Going on the 10 of Oct with my dad. Has anyone been to Craig CO?

Keep shooting!!!

Pete
Old 09-24-2008, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pete, good luck with the elk!! Just curious, what part of the country are you from? Up here in western NY, you can barely throw a stick without hitting someone named Wykoff.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Gundeck

Wykoff is a small town in SouthEast MN. We named a giant buck the "Wykoffwonder" and I went ahead and missed him last year. We believe that he is a 12pt. with long tines and 20in spread. Would have scored 160 to 170. You wouldn't believe the story but I missed him 12 times in 2 different opportunities. I had to watch him walk away with 4 does at about 30 yards. No shells left!!!!! Then he only went a few hundred yards down to the corn field. Him and the does let me walk back to the house "to get more shell" they never even moved as I was only less than 150yds away. When I got back they had walked away. My dad watch him chase does in the field all week and I seen him a few weeks later but couldn't get a shot. I've never meet anyone named Wykoff but if I did I would feel pretty bad for them!

Old 09-26-2008, 04:11 AM
Typical Buck

Pete,
That is quite the story...I think I would buy a new gun! We still have 3 more weeks before our season starts!
Old 09-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Spike

Well guys, I spent all last week in eastern Oregon, mainly elk hunting, but looking at some bucks too. I made a stalk on the last day on about a 130-140 mulie, but no-go. when we spotted them, there were 2 bucks, when we came over the rise, there were 8 deer, Busted! Anyway, deer season opens up again in Nov. so I'll be back on it then.

Quick Reply: Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.