HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-deer-bowhunting-contest-97/)
-   -   Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-deer-bowhunting-contest/258920-official-team-deacons-death-thread-23-a.html)

Red 5 stdby 08-20-2008 08:00 PM

Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Team 23
177 Muliefever
289 Rammer

92 GregH
204 Cooter144
115 Marquette Magnum

400 Hoytail Hunter
106 Red 5 Stdby

338 CrabClaw
48 shed33
158 22series

Welcome! Let's get going and start checking in. I'll bold those that have checked in.

Hoytail Hunter 08-20-2008 08:18 PM

RE: Official Team 23 Thread

*raises hand*..... HERE

I"ll start off the intros...

Hi everyone, my name is Heu (pronounced Hugh). I'm 32yrs old,from Milwaukee WI and live and breathe hunting. Or at least I obsess about it.This is my 5th year, 4th full year bowhunting. So far my biggest of 3 bucks is a 123" gross 10ptr. I consider myself a beginner yet so I would nominate either Troy or Greg as Team captain. Sorry everyone else as I don't know much about you yet.

GregH 08-21-2008 01:33 AM

Hi guys,
Looks like we have a good team here. My name is Greg, obviously, and I have hunted deer for over 40 seasons. Hunting for mature whitetail bucks is my number 1 passion and this will be my 18th season of hunting for them. So far, I've done alright and I've still got a lot to learn. The learning part is what makes it fun for me.

Having fun is what it's all about! So, everyone have some fun and enjoy your season!

I'll respectfully pass on the captain thing....... I did that last year.

Red 5 stdby 08-21-2008 05:45 AM

Glad to see we've got some guys checking in! I saw your other post Hoytail and I'm excited to learn that we have some heavyweights on the team.

cooter144 08-21-2008 06:40 AM

Hey guys,

My name is Joe. I currently live in Fargo, ND but do most of my hunting in MN.

I will try to get us off to a good start asthe ND bow season starts on Aug 29th and I will be out there.

Happy to be on the team!

GregH 08-21-2008 06:46 AM

That's a very nice looking buck in your avator, Joe. Where'd he come from and what did it score?

cooter144 08-21-2008 07:01 AM

ORIGINAL: GregH

That's a very nice looking buck in your avator, Joe. Where'd he come from and what did it score?
Thanks Greg

I took that buck 10 years ago in Becker County, MN.

He scored 146 gross as a typical ten.

Still my best buck to date.

Muliefever 08-21-2008 08:02 AM

Hey fellas!
My name is Jearred, I am 25 years old, I am from Idaho but currently stationed in Ludington Michigan with the Coast Guard. I have been bowhunting for about 10 years. I have taken Mule deer, Sitka and Columbian Blacktail and Rocky and Rosevelt elk with my bow. This will be my second year hunting whitetail, pretty new at that. I hope to shoot a big Mulie buck while I am back in Idaho in September Elk hunting. Or at least a nice Michigan Whitetail.The Captains sound good to me. I am also running the Elk hunting contest and helping with the Waterfowl Contest. So whoever is captain, good for me! I look forward to this years contest, and making new friendships! Lets kick ass!

quiksilver 08-21-2008 08:46 AM

You guys have two great whitetail hunters on your team in Greg and Troy. Good people. I mean that. They will produce, and if the balance of the team can go 4-for-8, you guys can contend for the crown. Good luck and be safe.

Troy is a hell of a decent teammate, and won this thing in '05.

Muliefever 08-21-2008 09:07 AM

I am excited about our team! Maybe I can shoot a 180" plus Mule deer! Man that would be sweet!

cooter144 08-21-2008 09:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Muliefever

I am excited about our team! Maybe I can shoot a 180" plus Mule deer! Man that would be sweet!
Yes, that would be sweet! Good luck.

Red 5 stdby 08-21-2008 10:57 AM

Welcome to the latest to check in!

Muliefever 08-21-2008 11:19 AM

I like being the underdog! You should check out my camospace. I think I have plenty to bring to the table!
I will be Hunting Elk first! If I see a big Mulie I will stick him.. And I normally do. Then I am hunting Whitetail. Then in December I am going back to Idaho to hunt Lions with my bow! Should be a fun year!

cooter144 08-21-2008 11:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Red 5 stdby

There's already some smack talk about how we have 2 power hitters but no-one else to get on base. Only time will tell, but I like our chances! Welcome to the latest to check in! Mulie- which are you hunting 1st, whitetail or mule deer?
Up to us to prove them wrong I guess. Funny how people that don't even know you make assumptions about one's hunting ability:eek:

I am sure happy to have the "2 power hitters" on our team though.

Just like in baseball...a few of us role players will need to come up with a big hit to help the team;)

Hoytail Hunter 08-21-2008 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: cooter144

Funny how people that don't even know you make assumptions about one's hunting ability:eek:

Keep in mind too, guys, that most of the smack talk is just that. It's encouraged and is what makes this contest fun and nobody should take any of it seriously. Of course though, feelings will undoubtedly get hurt. I think I have a pretty good guess on a few guys already. LOL... but them are the guys who probably cried in grade school when someone made fun of his pink shirt too so who cares. ;)

GregH 08-21-2008 03:25 PM

Hue, you are exactly right...... this is all in fun. People are trying to lay the smack on us in order to conceal their fear! ;)

buttonbuckmaster 08-21-2008 03:30 PM

Greg has been burning up my phone line, begging to hunt with me. He heard about the whoppers that roam my woods.

Sorry Greg, maybe next year.[8D]

GregH 08-21-2008 03:33 PM

That's OK, Dave. I got an invite to hunt with GMMAT! His deer are bigger than yours! ;)

Hoytail Hunter 08-21-2008 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

Greg has been burning up my phone line, begging to hunt with me. He heard about the whoppers that roam my woods.

Sorry Greg, maybe next year.[8D]
uhhh I think that big ol' boy in the pic is outta your league bud. Afterall they don't call you buttonbuckmaster for nothing right?

buttonbuckmaster 08-21-2008 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

uhhh I think that big ol' boy in the pic is outta your leage bud. Afterall they don't call you buttonbuckmaster for nothing right?
Actually, thats one of the bigguns that helped break the BBM nickname.:(

Hoytail Hunter 08-21-2008 03:38 PM

Another thing too guys... let's start brainstorming for a team name.

I think we should all think up a couple and post it then everyone can vote.

cooter144 08-21-2008 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

ORIGINAL: cooter144

Funny how people that don't even know you make assumptions about one's hunting ability:eek:

Keep in mind too, guys, that most of the smack talk is just that. It's encouraged and is what makes this contest fun and nobody should take any of it seriously. Of course though, feelings will undoubtedly get hurt. I think I have a pretty good guess on a few guys already. LOL... but them are the guys who probably cried in grade school when someone made fun of his pink shirt too so who cares. ;)
Yep...you are right. Only thing to do is give the smack talk right back to em.

Better yet...let our actions do the talking and lay down some BIG bucks.;)

Hoytail Hunter 08-21-2008 04:54 PM

Did a quick search...

Marquette Magnum -and- 22series are no longer HNI members

Red 5 stdby 08-21-2008 05:16 PM

How can you tell they are no longer HNI members? I looked them up and and MarquetterMagnum might be one word- last post on 8/14. Looks like most of his posts are from 2am - 7am. 22 series last posted on 7/25. I'll send out emails to those who haven't checked in. How long do we give them before we request an alternate from Rob?

Red 5 stdby 08-21-2008 05:31 PM

Team name... Hmmm..

MOTOWNHONKEY 08-21-2008 05:42 PM

Well,well,well. So this is what you men call a buck hunting team?? Please. :D:DJ/k crack licks, don't count on GregH or Shed to do you any good. Their all washed up. Old guys. Way past their prime in the deer hunting woods. Gospel.[8D][8D] Good luck.

Rammer 08-21-2008 05:51 PM

Rammer Checkin In Here.

I'll be back after dark, just got off work, gonna go check my trail cam pics, and do some scouting. :D

22 series 08-21-2008 06:42 PM

heuy guys im here just got a chance to check in, By the way my name is Jeremy, hope i can contribute to our team this year. Huntin my uncles farm and he sentme a couple pics of some nice bucks hope to connect on one. Will be hunting in WV and maybe up here in maryland if i can find any land to hunt on up here, if not got a couple farms back home in west virginia to hunt on. will be thinking of some team names and will post them later.

Hoytail Hunter 08-21-2008 09:09 PM

How can you tell they are no longer HNI members? I looked them up and and MarquetterMagnum might be one word- last post on 8/14.
I just copied pasted from Rob's list. It looks like MM is actually one continuous spelling(opposite of how Rob had it)and 22 is 2 seperate words(again, opposite of how Rob had it). This means instead of c/p names, Rob hand entered 440 some names.

Hoytail Hunter 08-21-2008 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Well,well,well. So this is what you men call a buck hunting team?? Please. :D:DJ/k crack licks, don't count on GregH or Shed to do you any good. Their all washed up. Old guys. Way past their prime in the deer hunting woods. Gospel.[8D][8D] Good luck.
Well if it isn't the HNI funny man himself poppin' in to see how this years winners are doing. See, even he knows to make sure we know he's "JK" in a contest where kidding around is a given. I can only conclude that that's fear with a twist of reverence I smell.

As with your own words Chris, words are indeed like arrows but in here, you just threw a boomerang. Watch closely ok? hahahaha

Red 5 stdby 08-22-2008 05:48 AM

Hey Hoytail, where in Milwaukee do live?

GregH 08-22-2008 10:36 AM

Team name........ Bone Collectors????? Is it taken?

cooter144 08-22-2008 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: GregH

Team name........ Bone Collectors????? Is it taken?
I like it.

cooter144 08-22-2008 10:48 AM

Greg, I saw a pick of your nine pointer from last year in the other thread.

That's a hog of a buck...TALL!

Especially considering that most of it's inches came from an 8 point frame.

Red 5 stdby 08-22-2008 10:56 AM

I like the name but it was used last year by team 25. http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2248489.

You're right Cooter, Greg's buck was an absolute monster. Greg- did you have him weighed and aged?

Red 5 stdby 08-22-2008 11:01 AM

Just throwing out some names...

Big Hitters
No dOeBama in 08
Backstrap Bullies

GregH 08-22-2008 11:53 AM

I like the name but it was used last year by team 25. http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2248489.

You're right Cooter, Greg's buck was an absolute monster. Greg- did you have him weighed and aged?

I saw the buck the year before I shot him and figured he was 5 1/2, so that would put him at 6 1/2 when I killed him. He dressed out at 220 lbs. He was actually a 9 point with a sticker on one of his g-2s, making him a 10 point. I shorted my self on the contest score by a little bit, but Oh well. I listed him as 171 6/8 and going by the numbers off the official P&Y score sheet he should have been 173 even. P&Y wise, he grossed 170 3/8 and netted 157 5/8 as an 8 pointer. A good buck. He's my second highest scoring buck.

Thanks for the comments guys

peakrut 08-22-2008 11:56 AM

Hey I took a #2 over there today Greg.:D;)

Hoytail Hunter 08-22-2008 01:53 PM

Jeff, I'm near the expressway, hwy 45 on Hampton. Summerfest was awesome this year as it is every year. Half naked girls, booze, music, warm weather, what else can you ask for? Should've been there, lotta big names hit the stage.

Greg, don't worry, I caught Tony leaving your spot and got his license plates. My brother works at the DMV so I had him run the plate. Now I and thus we know where this sabbamatajjer lives. Put it this way man, I'm open to all ideas!

Red 5 stdby 08-22-2008 04:25 PM

More names:
Duke of Deer
Dead Deer Walking
Bringing the Bucks
Ready to Rack
Antler/ Arrow Antics
Bow Down to Team 23
Camo Crusaders
Beat the Meat
Silent Slingers