Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21) >

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Community

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Old 11-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

146...That buckhas some long main beams...And Wide, Congrats to him.

Thanks to all of you... Now I gotta gogeta fewdoes.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your Dad Jenna, that is a great buck!

Well, this is the weekend that the "orange army" invades Illinois. I am going to be out there hunkered down in some of the thickest stuff on our lease. It will have to be a pretty good buck for me to squeeze the trigger this weekend. I will most likely end up just shooting a doe this Sun. and a doe on the last day of our second gun season in Dec. Doing so will put meat in the freezer and help with our management plan.

Good luck to all of you heading out this weekend!
Old 11-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dads buck scored 127 6/8

Good news is I finally got a deer!!! and he is a monster! lol

Old 11-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ha ha! That is a GREAT pic. Jenna! Congrats on the deer! It doesn't matter matter how big he is. It is meat in the freezer. Sometimes you just have to break the "Bad Season Mojo" by putting one on the ground.

I shot a doe last night with my slug gun. No pics. because it was late when I got home due to a long, but successful, tracking job for a friend of mine. I shot my doe off the ground from about 8 yds. away. Even though it was "just" a doe and I have done it countless times, my heart still just about pounds out of my chest when I'm that close to one on the ground. She dropped in tracks at the shot. I still have an either sex gun tag, but I probably won't hunt today. Our first gun season ends today and I need to cut up my doe aong with another deer for a buddy of mine. I'll most likely head back out to fill my other tag during our second gun season. I will now get to go back to focusing on killing a buck with my bow.

Hope the rest of you are having a good weekend!
Old 11-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, my buddy got a good one this afternoon. It was getting close to the end of shooting time and he was contemplating shooting a doe he had in front of him when this guy charged in. A soft whistle stopped him at 20 yds. and a well placed slug made for a short track. The best part of the story is that he had missed this thing TWICE on two different occasions before today. He missed it on Tue. with his bow and Sat. with his gun. I guess the third time is a charm. It is a very nice main frame 8 with some stickers and a heck of a body. This is the fourth good deer we have taken off of our lease this season. I am "last man standing" everyone else has killed a good deer, I'm still waiting. Hopefully I can get it done with the bow before too long. Anyway, I thought you all would like to see the pics. even though it's a gun kill.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

One more.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

Nice one Jenna!
Wow, thats one nice 4x4 also Brett, love the brow tines! I measure for the local contests in the area and I've put a tape on three bucks already that go right at 200" one being a bow kill 202" and another beingbasicaly amain frame 4x4 witha kicker off a base and split G2that was in the 190s!

Here he is, what a monster frame. I thought it was a muley when it came in, shot by a gal also Jenna. I also held the AZ auction tag muley from this past season that went 322 and was over 40" wide and costed ...get this $170,000 for the tag!

Good luck guys, my folks shot that nice 4x4 with the big brows he went 151. So I'm still passing and hunting for a good one!

Old 11-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Gri22ly and Jenna - good to see you scored. Have to agree with you guys about the winds, this past week was terrible for the most part.

This week I had 13 sightings, only one of which was a buck. He was an 8 pointer that I had broadside at 20 yards but let him pass. I think it was the same buck that busted me when my stand creaked during bow season - sure looked like the same deer.

This weekend starts the Muzzleloader portion here in MO, so I'll be out again this weekend. Hopefully I'll get a crack at one of the 3 monsters that only showed themselves before dawn or after dusk last week.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW great bucks everyone. I am headin to WV next week for rifle season, and maybe if I get both of my buck tags filled I can try and take one with the bow.

Gonna try my first attempt at bear hunting as well......oh boy lol
Old 11-26-2008, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just wanted to say "Happy Thanksgiving" a day early. My family and I are heading to Bloomington, Il to visit my Mom for turkey day. We are leaving today and coming home Fri. I am helping with dinner, so I didn't know if I would have time to send this message tomorrow. I hope all of you have a great day with your loved ones.

I will be out all weekend after we get home trying to close the deal on a buck. Good luck to those of you who will be hunting this weekend too!

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.