Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42) >

Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Community

Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Old 10-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

To warm to go today. Suppose to get in the lower 40's next weekend.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

went yesterday am and yesterday afternnon.... the wind was brutal but seen two small deer in the am and nothing in the afternoon

Went today and moved two stands deep into the woods that should put us some horns in the dirt --- have confidence in one stand specifically place is torn up with rubs and scrapes lot of sign and several trails
Old 10-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't see too much this weekend. I went out Saturday morning and didn't see anything and had some pics of some small bucks on cam but nothing big lately on camera.

Took the neighbor kid out for the youth hunt Sat afternoon and he shot a button buck. It was pretty cool to see his face! He put a nice shot on it at 40 yards with the his shotgun. Right in the lungs. Didn't go out Sunday as it was too hot here in WI.

I won't be going for 2 more weeks now since this upcoming weekend is herd management Thursday-Sunday in my zone in WI. You can only shoot does then so I will be out the next weekend after.

Good luck to everyone else. Hope our luck changes
Old 10-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a good feeling about this weekend. The beans on my ground were cut over the weekend, I've seen several scrapes and rubs lately. I think once the corn is shelled the hunting will be awesome.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Slow hunting here, but my boys are done with football this week so the hunting should pick up I have been out a couple of times and only seen does and fawns.

The only thing that has got my pulse kicking in the woods is that some lowlife scumbag stole one of my game cams. I would love to run into the trespassing thief in the woods.

chris
Old 10-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chris,

Sorry to hear about your game cam. Stories like that keep me from buying one of those darn things (or maybe i am just to cheap...) Hope you find out who took it.

Frank,

Congrats on the doe. Did you get any pics of them?

I had a close call this weekend with a good 8pnt that probably would have scored in the 115'' range. He busted me drawing back, I still can't figure out how but he busted me and took off for parts unknown. The afternoon showed nothing but a few does and fawns. I'll be back out this weekend.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

Alright team mates I will be gone for about 11 days heading for South Dakota for a pheasant hunt. Will be home for a couple of days then off to Indiana for a week of deer hunting. All year so far haven't seen a buck to shoot at we don't have alot down here where I'm at. It is pretty important for me to kill a nice one for the team. I have pretty much counting on this Indiana trip to help the team out and kill the right one no small ones for me. Good luck to everyone the next couple of weeks and hopefully I will have some good news when I get back. Jerry
Old 10-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Jerry, I know what you mean about the cost. My wife asked if I was going to get another one and I told her I don't think so, I have another one so I think I will just ride it out with one. If this one gets stolen I will probably be out of the trail cam business. It really stinks because the only real reason I had them was for my boys. They really liked fetching the cards and popping them up on the computer to see what we got. Oh well, I hope the dirtbag gets whats coming, hopefully karma will be a bitch for whoever took it.

Jerry,good luck on your hunts (especially the Indiana one). I know what you mean as far as banking on it, I am banking on my MN hunt the beginning of Nov. so hopefully we both connect.

Chris
Old 10-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Jerry.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like everyone is hitting it hard, I have a real cf at work lately but hoping to get out this weekend looks like a few more bucks hitting the turf so just a matter of time good luck to everyone stay safe

Quick Reply: Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.