Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42) >

Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Community

Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Old 09-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

ORIGINAL: Pa Trophy Man

Hey guys,

Just thought i would get on to share the good news. I got a phone call from the president of Roche brothers construction (the biggest competetion for my old employer) who heard I was on the job market. He said he wanted to meet with me about potentially creating a position just for me. I'm meeting him Monday next week so things are looking up

-Jerry
Great to hear. Very good luck to you.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jerry good luck on the job

Jerry in Fla, good luck this Saturday, where you hunting in Fla

Noah, hopefully that 11 will cooperate

everyone else I'm getting anxious like 9 days to go, have a plan for the beanfield as long as the wind cooperates
Old 09-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Frank, I live down in south florida on the south side of lake okeechobee. Where we are hunting this year is south of town about half hour from the house. Looks like we won't be getting much from hannah but right after that comes Ike. These darn storms aren't alot of fun. Good luck to you this year.

Jerry
Old 09-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Noah, hopefully that 11 will cooperate

everyone else I'm getting anxious like 9 days to go, have a plan for the beanfield as long as the wind cooperates
Thanks!! Good luck to you too!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pa Trophy Man

Hey guys,

Just thought i would get on to share the good news. I got a phone call from the president of Roche brothers construction (the biggest competetion for my old employer) who heard I was on the job market. He said he wanted to meet with me about potentially creating a position just for me. I'm meeting him Monday next week so things are looking up

-Jerry
Congrats Jerry!!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dagger, are you seeing any bucks?

I've been dove hunting a few times. I really suck at it. Seriously.[&:]
Old 09-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our Iowa opener is Oct. 1st. I don't use trail cams but do old fahioned foot work checking. I have a couple stands up & a couple to move. I will be ready the 1st. My Darton & Rocky Mountains limbered up with 2 hogs in Oklahoma the 1st week in June.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

Opening morning got out there plenty early had left my climber on the tree I had decided to hunt found a whole nest of bull ants in the little side pack about half way up that sucked. Got set up and just waiting for daylight had a couple of hogs come by early. Great morning to be sitting in a tree not to hot with a little breeze. Thought I heard something in the woods behind me but if i did it never came out could of been that big buck we have seen out there or maybe just a armadillo they are the noisest things in the woods. Anyhow got down without seeing any deer this morning maybe this afternoon. I will try to keep you all informed on how it goes.
Good Luck to you all this season....Jerry
Old 09-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oke.. I grew up in the Tampa area off Fla, why I was asking how big were the pigs you seen you hunting public land or private ... get em this afternoon

Ahunter I do not have the trail cams either but have done some extensive scouting this year .. hopefully pays off next SaT

I hadn't been dove hunting in years but need to get back into it, maybe next year see what happens

I speared myself with a field tip yesterday - knee sore as heck and trying to see what happens with that other than that waiting for these 6 days to go by

good luck fellows will check in later

Old 09-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

hunting private land it's around 270 acres. got a lot of hogs on it all different sizes have been hunting them quite a bit latley only now it's deer season so laying off the hogs.There are some deer out there a couple of nice bucks that we have seen. Hard to figure out though its so thick and most the trails have so many hog tracks it's hard to tell where those deer are travling.

Quick Reply: Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.