Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42) >

Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Community

Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Old 08-29-2008, 01:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Hey guys I'm back in action, I wasn't being unsociable by not responding to team name and avatar. I think both are great.

I keep saying I'm going to put out the cams, but with two of my kids playing football and me working a swing shift I am kinda neglecting doing it. I am going to try real hard to head out after one of these midnight shifts to set them up though. I am starting to get the "FEEL"in the air with the season getting closer so the push is on.

I am glad someone mentioned earlier about getting a license, I had totally forgot about that. I just sorted through the hunting clothes and started the process of cleaning and storing.

Chris
Old 08-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chris,

Not aproblem, seems like everyones life is so hectic nowdays, glad to hear from you and if you get some photos make sure to share them.. will be neat to see -

Whats does everyone else prefer in terms of sights - I have an extreme single pin on one bow and a sword twilight hunter on the other - really liking the single pin
Old 08-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am using a tru glow 4 pin sight this year. I had been using an Impact one pin since 2003, but I went with a much heavier arrow/bh this season. I needed an extra pin to shoot 30 yards. I'm not loving the the tru glow at this point, but the single pin wasn't going to cut it. My arrows were dropping off the table past 20 yards.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am using a HHA XL5519 single pin sight. Love it. 10 ft of fiber optic wrapped and the rheostat is adjustable.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,

Still here too. The avatar looks great. I was let go from my job on Thursday due to down-sizing. So needless to say the wife and I are on freak attack mode until i find something else, I can't afford to be out of work very long and still make the mortgage payment. I've went on two interviews today and have another next week. Keep your fingers crossed...
Old 08-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pa Trophy Man

Hey guys,

Still here too. The avatar looks great. I was let go from my job on Thursday due to down-sizing. So needless to say the wife and I are on freak attack mode until i find something else, I can't afford to be out of work very long and still make the mortgage payment. I've went on two interviews today and have another next week. Keep your fingers crossed...

Good luck!
Old 08-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh man....that sucks! Hopefully its a temporary setback and will lead to a better job. Is unemployment an option? I feel for ya buddy, keep your chin up.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that. Good luck.
ORIGINAL: Pa Trophy Man

Hey guys,

Old 08-29-2008, 07:08 PM

Pa Trophy Man

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can find bigger better things. Best of luck for ya.

Thanks for the goodluck Frank, I am going to need it.

I was wondering....do you hunt from trees or on the ground. Here 99% ofour hunting is on the ground. I might hunt in a treestand once or twice every year but trees are just not where our big bucks are at. Our deer bed in slews so hunting CRP or grassland and hunting in cornfields is the way to go.

Here are some pictures I was going to post a week ago but sort of forgot about it.[&:]

My first bow buck and last one I shot 4 years ago. Scored 123.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:14 PM

Here are some sheds of bucks we will be hunting.

A picture of my niece and set of sheds that went 155.

Quick Reply: Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.