Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25) >

Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)

Community

Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)

Old 11-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Shaft 'Em (25) Thread

Skunked again;

91deer on41 hunts,28 does,31 fawns,14 bucks and19 unknown.

Crappy day....

Old 11-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Typical Buck

Siman, I hope you and the truck are ok. I'm going to move a stand today, believe it or not, the local farmers have actually almost finished the fall harvest. I am still seeing some momma Does with the yearlings, they should be coming into heat soon. Bucks are still following Does here.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 11-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

went out today spent six hours in stand and another hour doing some spot and stalk that ended being a long boring walk. didn't see a thing the whole day, sure wish they'd get up move around some.
hey siman in case you didn't know already, i don't think you're suppose to park there.
hope your truck wasn't to damaged and you can get it back on the road soon, that's a pretty nice looking truck.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im sneaking in a thanksgiving morning hunt guys. Maybe the holidays will change my luck!
Old 11-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wen't out this morning, crunched all the way to my stand, sat till 845 ish and then went and set up my old deer camera for S&G's.

Had a button buck come in and bed down 20 yards from my stand for awhile.

92deer on42 hunts,28 does,32 fawns,14 bucks and19 unknown.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Typical Buck

DOES, Does, and more Does. not even remotely giving up, have some friends here @6 to go bird hunting, be back in a tree tomorrow nite and sun.

On another note, that 13 pointer, i still have never seen him alive and walking, only got his pic on the trail cam, dont know where he spends his day, maybe i need to walk the creek and see if i can bump him, then zero in, the orange army starts its hunt this coming wed., that should stir things up a bit. I really think the gun hunters are going to have a slaughter fest, our local river is running about 7 to 8' high, the deer dont just wade across ankle to knee deepanymore, fast current as well, i think the deer are either going to come running out or try to double back in the thicker timber area, guess we'll see.

Siman, dude, looks like it was a bit slippery, glad your ok, looks like it could have been much worse, like wrapping it around one of those poles in the not too far distance,we actually just got our first snow of this winter today, nothing stuck for long, its all gone now, maybe more in the morning if it gets cold enough

baiting is legal here so i have put out some corn in a couple places, hopefully that will entice a victim, I have another stand i need to move, and i have a corn field i need to watch much more closely

Best of luck to you all, z
Old 11-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys, bow season is on hold for a week. Id hate to take a buck during gun, but if i have a chance i am going to take it.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I didn't see a thing all weekend! I tried mornings, I tried mid-day, and I tried evenings. Nothing. I might be able to get out once this week, but I'm not sure. Shotgun season starts up this weekend.[:@]
Old 12-03-2008, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

i'm going to try and get out one last time thursday, then everything will be on hold till the gun seasons are over. hopefully they're up and moving around again with this weather that's moved in.

don

Quick Reply: Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.