Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12) >

Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Community

Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Old 11-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official TEAM 12 Thread

Yeah thats about the same story aroung here to blake. Its not that it is to hard to kill a deer with a bow after the gun seasons..which it really is but the fact that it has been cold as hell this year and the drawing back and all that is limited...but im not giving up yet we can hunt all the way through JAN. so dont give up yet boys..

P.s not to sound like a loser or anything but im taking bets that the DARK HORSES will win once again something like 1000 inches of deer killed for that team..thats pretty hard to beat

keep all your heads up hunting is for fun

BH818
Old 11-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTER818

P.s not to sound like a loser or anything but im taking bets that the DARK HORSES will win once again something like 1000 inches of deer killed for that team..thats pretty hard to beat

keep all your heads up hunting is for fun

BH818
I was looking at the score card and the pictures and they shoot some nice deer, and so far it does look like they're gonna win again.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I did manage to put a nice buck down.......with the shotgun. I had a decent 8 pointer come in Sunday morning. I was getting ready to fill my last tag on a doe, when I heard a grunt and swung my gun and saw him coming down the hill. Through my scope I thought he was a 10 pointer so I aimed and fired and missed lol. I ended up hitting him twice as he was running away. I reloaded and saw him standing on the hillside and hit him once more and down he went. I climbed out of my stand and walked up to him and he jumped up. I then put one in his shoulder and another in his neck and finally put him down. The toughest deer I have ever seen in my years.

Anyways, once I got to him I quickly realized that I had been fooled with thinking he was a 10 pt. He's not a giant, and definantly had some ground shrinkage to him. A really quick rough score has him in the low 120's.

The monster I had told about a few weeks ago was killed by the neighbor. I haven't seen a picture yet, but they said he's a typical 12 pt frame with 3 kickers, 22 inches wide, and 10 inch G2's and G3's. There was also another buck killed by a kid to the south of our land about 3/4 a mile and they said it's supposed to be going in the low 170's.

I will be back out with the bow Thanksgiving morning and then this Saturday and Sunday. We are still seeing some bucks chasing, so I'm hoping I may just get lucky.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the buck IBH. Post a picture if you got one. Bow season is pretty much over for me. Next monday is Gun opener. It was not a great year for the bow. 1 buck and 2 doe out of 4 hunters. Oh well. Just hoping something comes by on Monday!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well IBH we are so much the Same...that big ten i have been chaseing allowed a shot to me with the smoke pole in hand..and mind you i have never missed a deer with my muzzel loader. NEVER EVER, so when shot gun rolls around out come the ML we late season modern gun out comes the ML..to make a long story short he was standing 156 yrds broadside in the field (EATING) i shot and he stood there so i said i must have missed. ITs 30 degrees im all bundeled up and i have to reload this ML which i never do in the stand cause i dont miss,, but hear i am in the stand reloading i manage to get another shot and i miss again..i couldnt beleive it i was livid so i come home and shoot my gun and its dead on..so i think that deer has a deal with ol' mother nature to keep him alive for another year..Elusive creature...im telling you..but there checkin scrapes and stuff like that so i will have that deer...so boys stay with me cause hes gonna be DEAD.

BH818
Old 11-25-2008, 09:48 AM

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/jkcmerg/11-24-2008013.jpg

Not bow related..but here is my 2008 gun Buck...8 pt 200lbs..nice sized deer..not as wide as my Archery Buck (20 1/2"), but not going to complain whatsoever....
Old 11-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

jkcmerg, CONGRATS thats a nice deer and number 2 for you at that...good goin.. nice WI, buck

BH818
Old 11-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
ill be heading back out for te last time this year tomarow throught sunday (if needed) Ill have my gun but primarily be bow hunting.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

Nice deer JKC.

Good luck guys...ill be out monday with the rifle....hopefully we can get some snow on the ground!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still here....

I didn't hunt Thanksgiving like I planned too. I was getting ready to go out Saturday morning, and the terrible feeling of not finding my buck from a few weeks ago was still lingering. I spent my free time Saturday and Sunday looking for the remains still, but still came up empty handed.

I plan on trying to get out tomorrow afternoon if I can.We have about 2 inches of snow here and I'm hoping the deer are going to be out moving.

Quick Reply: Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.