Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37) >

Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Community

Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Old 10-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

1.8 miles tonight running........6th run and I can already feel the fitness coming back. I went from a PLOD the first night , to an actual nicely paced run tonight.
I ran both hills hard on the last 1/2 mile and finished strong. Each day gets easier.
Throw in 3 sets of 12 pull-ups, 3 sets of 50 push-ups, 3 sets of 30 slow sit-ups, and some curls and shoulder work in the evenings every other night? Not too shabby at 235lbs.

I'll be back in serious fighting shape before you know it and by Oct 27th and my drive out to Illinois I'll be ready for anything. 225lbs by that date is the goal, just need to trim a little of the % body fat.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:16 AM
Typical Buck

HEY MATT,

Keep up the good work and it wont be long and you'll be under that 225.
i wish i was back down to 235 more like 260 though, i wish i had the energy to get up and go like that. i need a little help as in a trainer, want the job???

Good luck with your goal!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Quick update ... hunted last night with the right wind from where they should have come but of course they took another route - thru an open pastureand got downwind of me 63 yds away. Theydidn't boogerbut they knew something wasn't cool. Something spooked them (cattle I think) and they ran under me and I came to full draw but the bigger one stopped in heavy brush - no shot. No bucks seen. I'll be back out tonight I hope.

It feltGOOD to be hunting again
Old 10-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

To The Top ... that's where this team is going by the end of the month!!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

man I hate being on the second page ......
Old 10-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

So anyone on our team having any luck at all????? TTT Where we belong, cause Gods on our side
Old 10-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

So anyone on our team having any luck at all????? TTT Where we belong, cause Gods on our side
Good question .... loookin forward to some good reports!!!

Hey Guys, Tony asked for my Jerky recipe ... if you haven't tried it, here it is ...it's awesome!!

2 c Worcestershire sauce
2c cup Soy sauce
½ c Liquid Smoke
1 c Red Hot Sauce
6 TB Honey
3 TB Mustard
6 TB Garlic Salt
2 TB Pepper
4 TB Onion Powder
1 c Brown Sugar
To Add HEAT[/b]
2 ½ TB Crushed Red Pepper or
¼ c Tabasco sauce

Mix all marinade ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Pour into plastic container and refrigerate until needed. Measure out 2 cups of mixture for every 3# of meat to be marinated. Pour over meat slices that are already in a quart size zip lock bag. Thoroughly wet all sides of meat. Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours. Rotate bag every few hours, working the marinade over all meat. Drain the meat and spread the meat (be sure to NOT overlap) onto trays in single layers. If using a dehydrator, dry for 4-5 hours, (depending on thickness) checking every 2 hours. Make sure to rotate trays
(bottom to top and flipping the meat as needed), or place trays in the oven and dry at 145’ for the first 4 hours then set oven to 130’ until dry( approx. 4-8 hours). Jerky should be hard but not brittle. Blot up any fat that appears with a paper towel. * For a chewy texture, slice the meat with the grain, or across the grain for a more tender jerky.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Anybody have any luck over the weekend.
I only saw does and fawns. Hopefully that should change in the next couple of weeks. We are heading back out to Ohio on Friday. The cooler weather should be a plus for more movement.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Only saw 3 does yesterday mornign being chased by a yote and 3 does lastnight, finding some rubs now but no scrapes yet. gonan try her again tonight with some 3 day harvest.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:07 PM

Looks like everyone has been active or patiently waiting to be active. I just got back from 10 days in Idaho trout fishing, seeing yellowstone, calling some coyotes. FIshing rainbows and cutthroat in mountain lakes at 9000 feet is one of the most beautiful and greatest things I have ever done. Coyotes were uncooperative but the highlight of the trip was sitting in a secluded picnic spot in Yellowstone, not a soul around and having a grizzly bear walk by eating pine nuts at only 30 YARDS!!! What an unbelievable experience. I sweated a little bit, but still awesome.

Now back to the Whitetails, its time to get serious! Rut is a little over 3 weeks away....

Quick Reply: Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.