Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27) >

Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Community

Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Old 10-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

No worries John...its just a little contest....and its for fun. You shouldnt be worryin bout it....but hopefully you can get healed up and back in the woods this late season!!

SO did you already have the operation or is it to come?
Old 10-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

Hey fellas...

I've been out a few times recently...one time I missed a decent doe, I misjudged yardage a tad, and she ducked a tad...clean miss right over the top....She went right to my father and he sealed her deal (105 lbs field dressed)

Just yesterday I had a huge doe at 30-35 yards but couldnt do anything...too much brush in the way

Still havent seen much for bucks, but that time of the year is fast apporaching!!

Good luck and keep at it!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Had off school last thursday and friday. Saw some chasing going on and tried out a spot closer to where the deer bed and where i believe the majority of the bucks are. Climbed into the stand friday night and look off to my right and to my suprise there is a watering hole 70 yards out. Saw 6 deer that night, all but 2 were bucks and only1 of the bucks wasnt a shooter. Needless to say, every deer that came out made a beeline for the watering hole before heading to the fields. Also saw some turkeys come in to the watering hole and unlucky for them, they come in season this coming saturday Did some walking around back in their today around noon and ended up finding a freshly made scrape line going down past the watering hole, there were scrapes every 30-40 yards. Gonna sneak back there tomorrow night and set up by that water hole to hopefully get a shot at a buck.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

No worries John...its just a little contest....and its for fun. You shouldnt be worryin bout it....but hopefully you can get healed up and back in the woods this late season!!

SO did you already have the operation or is it to come?
Already operated on and healing well. I go see the doc in 10 more days and hopefully I will be cleared tosit up for more than 30 min. three times a day. After that I'll have to take easy for I don't know howlong. It's here where I'm hoping it's not toolong and I'll be able to start drawing my bow again. If everything heals up as I hope it will I might be able to getsome hunting in. We're open here in Illinois till the middle of January........Crossing fingers.

Later fellas and good luck!

P.S. Any reason why Firefox hasn't scored his deer yet?
Old 10-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi guys~ its Mrs BigDaddy. Just thought you guys would want to know that Darren is spending the night in the hospital. He has been diagnosed with ulcers and had one bleed most of the weekend to the point he couldn't even walk up a flight of stairs without almost passing out. They thought they would have to do a blood transfusion but decided it wasn't neccesary after-all unless they repeat his blood work in the morning and his counts are still low. He hopes to be home tomorrow and hunting on Wednesday.....you know that hunter mentality!!!! j/k I'll let him update you tomorrow if he comes home. Just thought you guys would want to know..............

Great to hear your operation went well John!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow...thats Horrible...

I sure hope things clear up for him and we hope that hes back in the woods soon too....naahh...but seriously....Get well Soon BIG DADDY!
Old 10-28-2008, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holy Crap, Two team members down, dang I hope youll be fine Big daddy. I think we are the only contest team with a Injured Reserve list [8D]
Old 10-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Hope everything turns out alright!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey guys~thanks for all the notes!! Darren is still in the hospital tonite, but looks as though he will be coming home in the morning, if all goes well with his bloodwork. Last night about 11pm, they ended up doing a blood transfusion after all, his blood work was looking pretty poor, so they had to do something. He is feeling better today, got to be unhooked from fluids tonite, and ate real food (well hospitals real food), so he is already talking hunting this weekend...........(I'll be the judge of that!!!!) Anyhow, he'll update you guys tomorrow!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

AWESOME!!!! sounds to be going good....excpet for having to do a transfusion....

Heres for a Speedy Recovery Bigdaddy!!!

Quick Reply: Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.