Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17) >

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Community

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Old 12-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Offical Team 17 thread

Guys- have a safe and enjoyable xmas. My best to you and yours!
Old 12-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Merry xmas to all the team. Happy holidays guys.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:28 AM
Typical Buck

This thread got quiet. I may have one more chance to get out before our season ends. Anyone else still have some time left? Sorry I haven't contributed so far to our scoring.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

My season is over and done...I did go squirrel hunting some. They are rutting hard right now and anytime the weather breaks and it warms up it makes for a fun day out with the .22 mag.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I hope you all had a great vacation. I plan on hunting in a few weeks and finally shooting something for the team. Sorry, my mind has been on other things but that's life.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Well guys, gave it one last shot on saturday. It snowed all day here. Saw a few does and that was it. I'm done for this season. Best of luck to you all next season.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

Well, team, Sorry I didn't do much to help us out. I hunted pretty hard this year in both IL and KY and never shot a buck. But I dont feel too bad about it. Our farm in IL got hit pretty hard with EHD last year and we set 130" as our minimum limit to kind of help get things back on track. Needless to say, no bucks were harvested on our farm. I drew once and couldn't make up my mind, so I let him walk. Im not dissappointed though. I shot a few does and had a bunch of great sits. Saw a lot of 1.5 and 2.5 ear old bucks. Next year should prove to be more promising. It was good getting to know you.
jeff
Old 01-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Dominant Buck

He guys, Im going on a slaughter fest this next week. I'll get out several days next week and hopefully will see a buck along with the many does I plan on wacking. Last weekend my freind told me he shot my buck. Lol. I haven't seen the pics but he said it was a big 8 pointer. No worries though. There are still plenty of deer running around. Certainly no shortage of them. Several years ago, one of my hunting buds shot his monster the last week of the year. It scored 162 and took first in the state for a bow kill. I still hold out hopes for my chance.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry guys, I'm a screw up. I drove over 5 hours, had my meeting first thing this morning, didn't get discouraged eventhough we have snow tomorrow and I have to have the truck back for my wife on Weds afternoon, got dressed went to load up my stuff only to find I left my backpack with both releases in NC.[:@] This just caps off my bad season of only seeing two big bucks and a season of bad weather on most days I had planned to hunt.

I'm sorry, I couldn't come through for you guys. I have to admit, I love our team and everyones participation. Have a good off season, be safe and plan for next year. Good luck!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Alright, couldn't stand not hunting. I put in an hour on the stand (ditting in a backyard shed) and planed on using my fingers. Isaw one deer. He was a big body buck but had already dropped his antlers and seemed to have already started the nubs for the new set. I was able to watch him at 10 yrds broadside for atleast 20 mins. No regrets, loved just watching him.

Quick Reply: Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.