Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43) >

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Community

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Old 12-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Thanks guys
Old 12-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Rory.....Nice job!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

Well guys, I told a story in the bowhunting forum of my game camera taking a pic of a trespasser. So that could be one of many reasons why I haven't seen squat since before the beginning of bow season. I'll be out, however, on Saturday. Temps are supposed to be around 50 which is quite a warm up. I hope they are walking around because I need to fill some tags. Good luck guys.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck this weekend lounddrummer69,
I read your post about the trespasser, that really sucks. I know the feeling I had that a couple years in a row and it really changes the deer movement when you have people running through you hunting grounds.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to sit this weekend out as it's muzzleloader only where I hunt. Next weekend I'm going up to Michigan and see what happens. Good luck to everyone still hunting!
Old 12-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

I'm still trying guys. I'll be out this weekend. Saw the most buck activity last Saturday. Actually shot at a 140 class buck about 50 yards away. it was more of a desperation shot through some twigs but it was right on and nailed a limb over hanging a creek. Had five bucks chasing a yearling doe around in a cut soybean field at first light. The best buck I seen was a gnarly 150-160 non-typical with huge mass chasing that doe. I needed her to come right but she went left. All in all I saw 7 bucks and 4 doe in 4 hours time. We have quite a bit of snow on the ground now so I'm not sure how that will affect them. I hope I get another shot at something b/c my season is coming to an end in a hurry. Good luck guys. We still have time to succeed.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, I shot this by my brothers camp in No. Michigan on Sat. Thought it was a doe. Turned out to be a buck that just shed his antlers. Since it was not tagged as an antlered deer and we get 0 points I guess I still have until Jan. 15 to score a buck. Good luck to whoever is still hunting!

Old 12-23-2008, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

Nice job with the doe. I too got a doe on Saturday but with the rifle. Had a rifle tag to fill and took her at 75 yards. She was the mamma doe and was pretty good size. I'll be out this weekend trying to connect on one....still!
Old 12-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys how is everyone doing? Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Congrats on the Does fellas. I was fortunate enough to take a doe myself tonight. I was lucky to have gotten it done. There were 3 of them that came into the one area I did not have a shot. They ended up zig zagging through the area and on the third trip one stopped in the little opening I did have. I released the arrow and heard the twang of the string when the nock busted. I thought I missed considering where I was trying to put the arrow. I watched as the 3 does took off running and noticed one stumble and fall only to get up and go into the thicket where I could no longer see her. In my mind I was relieved after seeing her stumble but I was still nervous. When Dave made his way to me after dark I was still getting my climber off of the tree and he finds my arrow with no blood on it and missing 4 inches of the arrow and no, i repeat no blood what so ever. My heart sank and I figured that i was just going to go deer less this year. It has been a hard year for me this year. I walk toward the last place I saw her and just keep walking towards the thicket when I see a white belly. YES! Man I am glad to the monkey off of my back. The Lord was with me this afternoon. With everything that went wrong and I was still able to take my first deer of the year, I am so blessed.

Sorry it was not a buck but I still have a few more days to try and get a buck.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's about time you shot a deer, Andy! Check your email...I just emailed you the pics. Congrats again buddy. I'm glad I was there!

Quick Reply: Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.