Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43) >

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Community

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Went out this evening. Did not see any bucks but the doe & 2 fawns from Sat.came in at 6:30pm at 25yds. but it was too dark for a shot. I also ran into this little guy.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, finally got in the stand on Saturday morning. Didn't see anything that morning and went to my truck to listen to some college football and fell asleep. Well 3 hours later I awoke and I wore down my truck battery. I had to walk to the nearest neighbor, 3/4 a mile away, to get him to jump my truck. Not fun on an achillies heel injury that I'm suffering from b/c of my Colorado trip. Same stand in the evening and about 1/2 hour before legal shooting time is over out comes my buck that I've posted before at 160 yards in a neighbors soy bean field. He was munching on the beans when I let a few buck grunts at him that got his attention. He started slowly making his way up the hill in the direction of my stand but then he went in the woods. I think he was trying to come around and get downwind of my position since the wind was blowing from the south. Unfortunately, it became too dark and that was the last I saw of him. Only deer I saw all day too but he was the one I was after. I'll try again this weekend for sure. Good luck guys.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

Whats up guys? I have been out a couple of times with no luck. I did however make a delivery to a private island yesterday that allows no hunting and there were deer everywhere. They told me the deer will just come and eat out of your hand. I just wish someone would have told me ahead of time to take my camera with me. On a side note there was a very nice buck bird dogging a doe. He stayed on here heels. I guess the cold snap has the bucks moving. Good Luck everyone. I am going out this afternoon then that is it until next week sometime.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck SCBigBuckHunter....I'll be going out this weekend and we'll see what happens. All I've seen is little bucks running around. Zero does, which is weird.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

Guys I just got home and had a little bit of action going. It all started with a little spike coming in to my can call. Then about 40 minutes later a button head came through. there were 2 right under me as I was about to climb down the tree and had to wait a little bit to leave. I was just glad to see some deer coming through. Hopefully there will be better things to come.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Back to the top. Whats up guys?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

Hi everyone , just a update. I've been hunting some but not seeing the bucks moving much, just the does. I'm hoping the weather change will get them up and looking and checking does. I've had a few on trail cams late night and early morning.Hopefully they will start showing up in day light hours soon. Good luck everyone.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same here, no bucks. Went out yesterday morning but didn't see anything. Scouted out a couple of new spots for this evening but 30mph winds with gusts to 50mph pretty much put an end to those plans.[:@]Things should be starting to hop here in about a week, they are also calling for warm temps. by next weekend, and of course daylight savings time change. Good luck everyone!
Old 10-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had a GREAT weekend. Duck hunted Saturday morning, killed my 6 in the first hour of shooting light, my brother killed his 6th duck about a half hour after I killed mine. We coulda killed our limits in the first 20 minutes, but started waiting for "big" ducks after our first 3 each. Scouted a good spot that afternoon, and got to a stand for the evening hunt. My brother texted me letting me know that he missed a basket rack 6 or 7 that was chasing a doe heading my way. Well about 45 minutes later he was chasing the doe behind my stand, and I just caught a glimpse of him. After he got in the thick stuff, I grunted to try and get him back, he stopped and grunted back a couple times, but no bite. Ended up only being able to hunt about an hour and half Sunday morning before we had to leave, so I decided to duck hunt again. We managed to knock down 9 this morning, but should have killed our 12 ducks and a couple geese to boot. Overall we shot great, and had some great duck hunts, so we were happy as can be.
How'd everone elses' weekends go?
Old 10-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

Rory-that does sound like a great weekend. It's good to see young hunters so enthusiastic about getting outdoors. I went out yesterday evening after the Chiefs decided to lose again. It was real windy and didn't see a one. I switched out my sd card in my game camera that I have setup over a mock scrape and have a couple bucks fighting again over it and a little 10 pointer thrashing some buck brush. All pictures were bucks at night of course. Don't have any idea where them doe are at on this property. The evening wasn't a complete loss, however, I found a great tree to climb that is setup on a trail that pinches them between a creek and myself. Should be a nice travel corridor to a soybean field where I've seen the buck I"m after. I'm taking the 3rd, 7th, and 10th off of work and I get Veteren's day off for work so 5 day weekend baby! Good Luck Guys.

Quick Reply: Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.