Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Crazy 8'S Thread (8) >

Official Team Crazy 8'S Thread (8)

Official Team Crazy 8'S Thread (8)

Old 11-13-2008, 08:17 AM

Default RE: Official Team Crazy 8'S Thread (8)

I am still here fellas going out this afternoon for the first time in 3 weeks since I started my new job. MZ and Rifle are still closed here in TN. So maybe I can stick one with my bow. My buddy says he has been seeing alot of chasing and fighting going on will he has been thrashing beans.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:44 PM

ORIGINAL: TN Deer Hunter

I am still here fellas going out this afternoon for the first time in 3 weeks since I started my new job. MZ and Rifle are still closed here in TN. So maybe I can stick one with my bow. My buddy says he has been seeing alot of chasing and fighting going on will he has been thrashing beans.
any luck on that hunt? curious how close that peak is getting.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:34 AM

ORIGINAL: lnen#1

ORIGINAL: TN Deer Hunter

any luck on that hunt? curious how close that peak is getting.

Had a pretty good hunt, I saw 9 does and 2 bucks. Both of the bucks were chasing. The first buck was a 3 1/2 yr old 8 point that would probally be in the mid 120 range had him at 15 yards and let him walk. The second was a small 2 1/2 yr old 6 point at the same distance both were after the does. Just didn't see the older bucks that I am after. Probally should have shot the 8 point but I have 2 8 points on the wall just like him. I am just not interested in killing a buck unless it is big enough to go on the wall.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:27 PM

I can't add anymore points but I am still here

I only had small bucks and does in range this weekend. I am saving my 2nd buck tag for a big boy
Old 11-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, No good yet. I have never had a year like I am having now in around 10 years. [:@][:@][:@]But, its not over to you know who sings.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:49 PM

ORIGINAL: AR Bowhunter

Guys, No good yet. I have never had a year like I am having now in around 10 years. [:@][:@][:@]But, its not over to you know who sings.
I've heard the same from several people, something is up with deer right now and not sure what the problem is. Hang in there, it'll happen....fast sometimes.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tell me about it. The only buck I saw while I had a bow in my hand was a button buck. I thought it was a doe at the time and he's in my freezer now. Blowing today off from work, hope I can get out this afternoon.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

well my bowseason is pretty much over... all i saw was a spike and a decent 8 but had absolutly no shot... ill carry my bow later on in the year just to try but it doesnt look good for me sorry
Old 11-19-2008, 09:40 PM

we're only 2 4/8 out of the top ten, fill them tags boys!
Old 11-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing to be proud of, a bad shot gone lucky, but it's a doe for the freezer and the board....

Big Ugly and Deer

Quick Reply: Official Team Crazy 8'S Thread (8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.