Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36) >

Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Community

Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Old 11-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

gun opener was a bust for me. I have a video of a nice 10 point walking right past my stand during shooting hours the day before the season started. of course. I also got a video of 2 bucks fighting. 3 weeks in a row i either got video or pictures of bucks fighting. kind of cool.

i'm pretty much gun hunting for the next 3 weeks. good luck everyone (except opel)!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just got a call today from my uncle saying that he shot a 140 class deer out of my stand. i told he could hunt it because thats the only place he could get to right now. im kinda mad and happy for him right now. im going to his place thursday after school to help him mount it so ill take some pics but they may be just the antlers.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

well guys things have been slow all does and little bucks nothing even worth getting excited over kinda sucks but hopefully things will change when the corn is down
Old 11-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to you guys

If y'all didnt see rutt put another one down. Its a big non-typical
Old 11-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

i havent seen rutts deer yet. where the heck is he?? i want to see this monster
Old 11-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Here is the story boys:
[hr]

Well,the big non-typical I've been hunting for the last 2 1/2 weeks is down.I've posted a couple of times on here with trail camera pictures of this brute,and I've been after it with an obsession.Anyway,here is the story of the hunt which took place yesterday,November 11th.

I had noticed that the buck was starting to come around alot more lately as evidenced by my trail camera photos.The problem was the activity / pictures were showing all nocturnal moement.I hunted all day Monday,the 10th and did not see a single deer.Heck,I didn't even see a gray squirrel until 0930 hrs.So comes Tuesday morning and I don't go out,but decide to check my camera.I go to the woods,pull the card come home pop it in the computer and guess whos on there at 0642 hrs. and again at 0809hrs.Its' the big non-typical.I slap myself in the head a few times and decide I better get out there now since this pig is showing at daylight.I'm figuring it is staying with a doe that also was on my camera at the same time the buck was.I've had a few does coming in right around 1530 or so,so I figured maybe the big boy would follow.I get to my stand at 1230 hrs. and all is quiet for the next 3 hours.Then,at roughly 1530 hrs. I see a doe coming from behind my stand heading right for me.This deer walks directly under me and stops 10 yards away.I keep looking in the direction that it came from and then I catch movement.At first I didn't notice anything but the body of the deer moving through the woods with its head down,but then it picked up its head and I saw it was the big non-typical.This is the first time I have actually seen this deer in the woods.It continued on the same path as the doe and ended up quatering to me at about 15 yards,offering me no shot(I'm at full draw by now).Then,for whatever reason the deer looked up at me and held its stare for about a minute.When it finally looked away I let down and waited for things to take its course.The buck by this time was staring back at the doe and also looking around its surroundings while occasionally looking up at me.I thought my heart was going to explode right about then.Finally the deer turns and begins to slowly walk directly away from me still offering no shot.It then stopped and turned broadside at 35 yards but was obscured by some thick briars.The deer stood at this same spot,dead still for 10 minutes,glaring at the doe which was still 10 yards from the base of my tree.I noticed that there was a hole in the briars that would offer me a shot if the buck took a couple of steps forward.The buck took one step and stopped but still offered no shot.It stood still for about 2 minutes and then let out a snort wheeze.I looked around but didn't see any other deer.It then took another step and stopped right in my window.I drew back,settled the pin and touched off the shot.I saw the arrow pass through the deer right in the sweet spot.I then watched the buck as it kicked out and ran down hill.I then saw it jump a stonewall and disappear from my sight.About 15 seconds later I heard the tell tale crash to the ground.I made a few phone calls,got out of my tree and walked over to where the deer was standing and immediatley saw good blood.I followed the trail(good blood) to the wall,peeked over and saw the deer lying on the ground 70 yards from where I was standing.I then walked up to the deer and couldn't beleive I finally sealed the deal with this monster.The shot was slightly more quatering away than I had originally thought,which was fine.It took out both lungs and exited tight behind the left shoulder.This deer is all mass right to the end of the tines,with 11 or 12 scoreable points(didn't measure it yet).The mass on the left main beam near the drop tine is 4 fingers wide and I cannot get my fingers around it.It dressed out at 175 lbs. even... according to my scale. I have logged 47 hrs. of treestand time hunting this animal and have several trail cam pictures of it at all times of the day.I shot the buck with my Crackerized 68 lb '05 Pearson Edge.My arrows are 250 CX Maxima Hunters tipped with a 100 grain Wasp Boss Bullets.The bow is also equipped with a Viper Predator hunter sight and TR Drop Zone Rest.I was also using a Scott Silverhorn release.The arrow and head are still in great shape,other than dull blades.Hope this story wasn'to long.
[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]
Old 11-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

what a hog. congrats on the monster. nice job rutt
Old 11-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Scored the brute today;came in at 144 7/8ths.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:37 PM

Great Buck Rut!! Ive got all week to hunt with no work! And then shotgun starts friday. I am hoping to get my big boy this week before shotgun with the rut going/starting to go as it is.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats again Rutt, Sweet Deer, Alot of teams are putting deer on the ground, looks like 4-5 pages that havent been added to team scores yet..Good luck to everyone, anyone here from our MIA members of team 36, are they being quiet or have they left the building...

Quick Reply: Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.