Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36) >

Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Community

Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Old 09-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 36 Thread.

melsheeba, what is your new job????? If you dont mind me asking...
Old 09-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

Hey thought I would add that I will be going to South Dakota for whitetail and leaving on Oct 10th...talking to my friend that I am going with, he said that last year he saw 40 bucks and that 9 were 130 and better...he said he passed on a 140ish the 3rd morning as he was seeing a 160 plus buck everyday...now that will get your blood cooking

Old 09-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: melsheeba

wis riflw hunter what does w.w.h.d mean?
its something from the youth forum
Old 09-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: elkhuntinut

Hey thought I would add that I will be going to South Dakota for whitetail and leaving on Oct 10th...talking to my friend that I am going with, he said that last year he saw 40 bucks and that 9 were 130 and better...he said he passed on a 140ish the 3rd morning as he was seeing a 160 plus buck everyday...now that will get your blood cooking

daaaang. i've only seen 3 130 or better bucks in 22 years of hunting. i can't imagine 9 in one season.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:20 AM
Typical Buck

elkhuntinut- sounds sweet, hope you knock down a big ol south dakota buck..

RackLuster- Dang I am spoiled, you will have to come to ILL. to hunt, I have a farm you will see 3- 130" or better bucks every couple days...
Old 09-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HunterOpel

elkhuntinut- sounds sweet, hope you knock down a big ol south dakota buck..

RackLuster- Dang I am spoiled, you will have to come to ILL. to hunt, I have a farm you will see 3- 130" or better bucks every couple days...
I can have the the truck packed up and be ready to go in an hour would there be time for some world record bighead action?

Just to put things into perspective - last year i hunted 38 times and saw bucks 5 different times and only 1 was more than a 4 point. The year before i hunted 49 times and only saw bucks twice (both 4 points). Those were by far my 2 worst years of hunting (even though I took 6 does). The 3 years before that I got 8 pointers. I'm hoping this year is different!

So, what I'm really saying is you guys that see a lot of bucks are REALLY lucky!!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

WOW, I AM SPOILED, BIGHEAD ACTION IS SLOW..
I HUNTED 85 SITS LAST YEAR AND SAW 11 DIFFERENT BUCKS I KNOW WOULD BE BOONERS, SAW PROBABLY 80-90 OVER 130"..I TOOK 2 BUCKS IN ILL, 171" & 188" AND 2 IN MO. 169" AND 155" AND 11 DOES..
I DONT HAVE A TON OF GROUND BUT IT IS GOOD GROUND..GOOD FOOD PLOTS AND GOOD GENETICS..
I AM WATCHING 2 TYPICALS THIS YEAR OVER 190"..ON GROUND I HUNT AND SAW A GIANT NON-TYPICAL ON A NEW PIECE OF GROUND I JUST GOT PERMISSION ON..
I HAVE MY SLOW DAYS AND PROBABLY SEE 60% OF MY BIG BUCKS IN A 2 WEEK PERIOD, RUT!!!!
I WISH I COULD HAVE THE WHOLE TEAM HERE AND I KNOW WE WOULD WIN.. I USED TO HAVE ACCESS TO THOUSANDS OF ACRES OF FAMILY FARMS BUT MY PARENTS GOT DIVORCED AND THE JUDGE SAID SELL IT ALL..[:@]OH WELL I HUNTED IT FOR AWHILE, I HAD FRIENDS KILL ALL THERE BIG BUCKS ON OUR GROUND AND HAVENT KILLED ONE SINCE WE HAD TO SELL..THATS LIFE!!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

That is what I thought...I am pumped about going that is for sure.

ORIGINAL: RackLuster

ORIGINAL: elkhuntinut

daaaang. i've only seen 3 130 or better bucks in 22 years of hunting. i can't imagine 9 in one season.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

So what kind of bow does everyone shoot? Have we got any die hard Bowtech or Mathews guys in here?

I supporting a PSE Baby-G, I've had it for about three years and had the same model PSE three years before that (someone broke in and stole it while I was at college)

Any traditional archers on the team as well? I'm picking up the recurve to shoot at something other than fish this year. The goal is a doe with traditional equipment
Old 09-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Typical Buck

i am shooting a fred bear instinct (poor mans switchback LOL)
after all the add ons i still have over a thousand invested

Quick Reply: Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.