Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36) >

Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Old 08-27-2008, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 36 Thread.

So what other kinds of hunting does everyone else do. I start my season off with dove, then early teal season kicks in. Thats followed up by bow season (whitetails/turkey), then gun season and duck season typically start on the same day, so that keeps me occupied. Then duck season closes in early Feb, I rest for about three or for weeks and roll right into turkey season. After that closes its about time for the carp and gar to start spawning which is when bow fishing begins. Somehow I find time to work in there
Old 08-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt turkey in the spring, then bowfish hard, til I leave to go alligator hunting in Florida, then I go after tree rats(squirrels) for a while and off to the Dakotas, north and south to chase antelope and mulies, the off on a bear hunt in MINN.. Then it is DEER season, go after that hard, everyday, til christmas, I leave christmas day to go to New Mexico and trap for 2 months, then its home andback to work..
Old 08-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll start bear hunting monday morning (opel - you come to mn to hunt bear? where about?). this is only my second year bear hunting. when I bought my land I didn't know it had as many bears as it does. i'll only bear hunt until the archery deer season starts on the 13th. from then until the end of the year it's all deer for me. I might throw in one pheasant trip in there somewhere. i love hunting deer, that's all there is to it.

opel - you really have the life.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

I am hunting in Houston co. how far away from you is that????

I do enjoy my hunting.....
Old 08-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

How much land did you buy RackLuster (If you don't mind me asking)?
Old 08-27-2008, 02:55 PM

Bowhunting only here - both deer & bearseasons overlap in NY & PA so whoever happens past my tree stand on a given day, in PA add coyote to the list they are open season all yearand we haveseveral on the property that need to go.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

fmedic5, I hunted bear in New York for a couple of years, had alot of fun, cool looking country, orange county I think it was, it was a few years back..is that anywhere close to you????
a taxidermist in PA mounted my Bears for me, right across the border..
Old 08-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

bigjim12, I was in texas in April, by College station hunting hogs, didnt see a thing, very over hunted property.. Came home and then 2 weeks later bought a truck in San Antonio and flew down to get it and met some guys at the dealership and went back down and hunted hogs with them in Cotulla, seen lots of hogs, coyotes, javelina, bobcats and axis deer, fun time..
Old 08-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

How much land did you buy RackLuster (If you don't mind me asking)?
only 40. but i absolutely love it. i was really getting sick of hunting public land. nothing worse then going out on opener and having people setup by you and watching them shoot nice bucks. I'm not kidding, it's happened to me twice!

Old 08-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HunterOpel

I am hunting in Houston co. how far away from you is that????

I do enjoy my hunting.....
i'm in kanabec, about an hour north of the twin cities. nice thing is i'm in the no quota bear zone. i'm only about 1 mile east and 4 miles south of the lottery zones.

Quick Reply: Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.