Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Shoulder Shock Thread (5) >

Official Team Shoulder Shock Thread (5)

Community

Official Team Shoulder Shock Thread (5)

Old 10-21-2008, 06:13 PM

Default RE: Official Team 5 Thread

I went out today after work to see if I could find any rubs/scraps because i have seen NOTHING thus far. To my surprise I found 15 or so rubs and over 30 scrapes in a 30 acre chunk of woods!!! I think it may be time to start hunting some of my rut stands. I cant wait.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys just checking in from nebraska. Went out tuesday night before the storms hit here in nebraska and saw two young bucks at about 10 yards. Thursday night i sat in the stand I killed my buck in last year and had a very eventful sit. Had 10 doe or so with in 10 yards of my stand and saw over twenty in that little block of timber. After dark when I was getting ready to get down I saw a mature buck at 40 yards, " way to late to do anything about it".

The snow got them on their feet and sweet november is just around the corner. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE>

Matt
Old 10-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

well guyz as some of you may have saw my brother shot my deer I have been scouting for the past week or so. I have been sitting in the same stand for a few days and saw a buck at 45 yards in some brush that had a good rack on him. When I got out of the stand I drove across the highway to see what came out on the other alphalpha corner and this tall white racked deer was out there with some doe's next to the corn. That was wednesday night, thursday night the same thing happened but with another nice 140 inch buck, friday night he was there again. I had a stand hung about 60 yards south of where he was coming out of the trees. On saturday I was going to sit in the corn and wait for him. When it came time to go out my brother mitch asked me " where are you going to sit tonight" and I told him the corn. When we walked out the door I noticed the wind was out of the west and I changed my mind and said you sit in the corn, I'm taking the stand. I figured he would come out on the east field tonight.' Here is the pic , the deer came out on the corn one more time, and mitch made a 33 yard shot on him.
167 1/8 gross and 162 net.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:26 AM

Now thats an awesome bucks. Congrats to your brother!
Old 10-31-2008, 11:30 AM

I have seen this guy several times from the stand now. Wrong place wrong time.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:30 AM

Oh and remind me to fix the month before i put my cam back out!
Old 10-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys for not checking in but have been living a personal hell. Took my stepson last weekend and he arrowed his first deer ever. SO now I can begin to hunt for me now. Good luck.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:08 AM

Well the weather here is offiically crappy warm. [:'(]
Old 11-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, I have been seeing a lot of rutting activity but, no shooters yet. The deer tonight never really came out of the woods so I think I might try to get a little closer to their beds. At least the weather now in the midwest is normal for this time of year.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Just got back from hunting 5 days in NW Wisconsin and nothing to show for the effort. Saw a shooter at 50 yards, nose to the ground but couldn't draw him in. Saw 5 does from that same stand but nothing close enough. Had another big doe sprint into the clearing I was covering and the 10 pointer chasing her stayed back at 60yards while she ate apples. After 5 minutes, the doe headed in a different direction and the buck veared off after her away from me.

Had all kinds of weather from sunny and warm to freezing (teens) pluswindy (30 mph) to snow and sleet then fog to close out the hunting trip. At least I saw deer every morning and evening as I changed stands mid day.

Also hunted Halloween weekend but my time in the woods was sparse. As a boy scout leader, I was introducing bow hunting to 7 scouts that never hunted before. Spent most of the 3 day weekend setting them up in stands and making sure they all had a good time. Everyone really enjoyed themselves so that weekend was a huge success, better than shooting a deer myself.

So the early archery season is over for me with two does in the freezer. Hope to get out for the late season since I'm now seasoned for hunting the
snow and cold.

Good Luck,
Gerry

Quick Reply: Official Team Shoulder Shock Thread (5)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.