Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 12-22-2008, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

AF glad to hear you got the job. Bet that really helps with things here on the holidays.

Well I wanted to bring you better news but it is not looking good. Starting Wednesday (24th) until the end of bow season Jan. 4 Gun hunting is also allowed in my CWD zone. This coming weekend I will be going to the last Packer game with my daughter and spending time with family. Really doubt that I will be getting out that first weekend in Jan. With gun season being open and as cold as it has been I am probably all done for this year. Sorry I was not able to put any points on the board. I keep thinking back to that buck I missed early on.He would have only scored in the 80's or maybe 90's. Anyway this contest this year has been a riot. This is my 5 year and every year it gets better. I hope I see some of you on my team next year and around some of the other archery topics. Hell maybe they will even get the indoor league going again. I had fun with that 2 years ago but missed it last year due to some surgery I had. I am ready this year though as I have the 20 yard range in my basement all set and going.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Christmas morning. Merry Christmasteam.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I did get out one last time Saturday morning. Thought it would be good as the weather was warming up into the upper 40's. Didn't see a thing except a dead nub buck. He was pretty covered with snow but had been there a while. Not sure if he was left from gun season or what. Won't be heading out this weekend and it ends Sunday. Is there anyone that is still going out at all?
Old 12-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out christmas eve and day, seen a bunch of doe's and a spike buck. I also hunted this past weekend seen 5-6 does each sit but no bucks. The last day is jan 1, but i dont think ill be going anymore.

My dad ended up shooting a nubbin buck last evening, he thought it was a doe[&:]. i went and recovered it today for him cause of a mariginal low shot he said he put on it. It went about 1/4 mile before i found him dead.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

Well I did get out one last time Saturday morning. Thought it would be good as the weather was warming up into the upper 40's. Didn't see a thing except a dead nub buck. He was pretty covered with snow but had been there a while. Not sure if he was left from gun season or what. Won't be heading out this weekend and it ends Sunday. Is there anyone that is still going out at all?
First of all, did that dead nubber belong to Finner's dad? (see post above)

I am still going out. Have until January 10th....
Old 12-31-2008, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Would have been a REAL mariginal hit to make it to southern WI from the U.P. Congrats Finner on waiting it out and recovering the deer for your Dad. I am sure he appreciates it. Good luck to you AF. I am guessing the weather by you is simliar to what we are having. Should be some upper 20's and low 30's heading your way.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would have been a REAL mariginal hit to make it to southern WI from the U.P. Congrats Finner on waiting it out and recovering the deer for your Dad. I am sure he appreciates it. Good luck to you AF. I am guessing the weather by you is simliar to what we are having. Should be some upper 20's and low 30's heading your way.
Yeah a real mariginal one, thats a quite a ways..lol He was pretty happy he did not to have to gut it and drag it in the 3 feet of snow we got. i got lucky though and only had to drag it about 30yrds to wear i then hooked a rope to the snowmobile and draged it the rest the way out to the road with that. We tracked it the eveing he shot it for about hundered yards, we had good blood then it started to thin out, and we could see where the deer started walking, so we decided to back out and let him lay till morning. The deer probally went about 200yrds from were we left off the night before. He hit him pretty low and ended up clipping only the front lung.

Good luck out there AF hunter lay down a big boy.

I think i may go ice fishing tommorrow with my buddy, i hate to say that my season is over and even though i didnt shoot anything it was still a great season, and enjoyed being on this team with a great bunch of guys!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Another buck down. Story in the bowhunting forum
Old 01-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet buck! What'd he score?
Old 01-03-2009, 04:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Havn't scored him, will do after I cut him up today

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.