Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Buck Luck Thread  (33) >

Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Community

Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Old 11-15-2008, 09:31 PM

Default RE: Official Team 33 Thread

Well boys, seen the biggest buck of my life this past week. I'd say 180" very wide 12 pt. w/12-14" tines, and that is no exageration. I was in a blind & seen him coming in from my left along w/a 6ptr. I was at full draw waiting for him to cross into my view, & then he decides to turn left & walk away from me. He was about 5 steps from getting whacked. [&o] I couldn't believe it. I used my doe can call, they both stopped & looked but then flicked their tales & kept on walking. I tried giving a couple of urps, nothing. Hopefully I can get a chance at him next week, but the only one night to hunt. Gun season opens next weekend. [] don't know if I'll ever see him again. But I'm getting close, very close to tagging something. I was a full draw last weekend w/my pin a on 6ptr chest, but let him walk. Hopefully, I'll get another chance. I might try to use a drag setup, along w/some scents infront of me.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

Seth, I am betting you one lunged him, which if is the case, he can go along ways. What did the blood look like?Was he headed for any type of water source?
Dennis~~ The blood was basically bright red, but it was hard to tell for the most part because of the watered down effect it had on it. The buck actually crosed a decent sized creek, which really left me baffled!! He was pumping out REALLY good blood after he got down climbing a small hill right before the creek and I was expecting him to be layin in it!!??? Take a look at my thread in the bowhunting section "Im torn..what did I hit"... that explains the situation better!!

IN DA WOODS~~ Thats awesome man I hope you get a crack at him, I bet the blind was shaking by the time he got within range!! gd Luck getting one down before rifle season!!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

DO we still have a chance at winning?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

IN DA WOODS: Thats awesome!To bad you didn't get the shot off! I bet your heart was pumpin pretty darn fast Yeah I think if you put out some doe pee out he might come in.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man....I am wore out. 3 1/2 days of straight hunting, only getting down for a hour lunch. And nothing to show for it. I had 5 Doe's all came in single filelast night, but they were 42-45 yards, had a open shot, just didn't feel confident enough.Did not see anything all day today, 1 deer between the 3 of us[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]Horrible. Illinois is turing into NY
Old 11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

Man....I am wore out. 3 1/2 days of straight hunting, only getting down for a hour lunch. And nothing to show for it. I had 5 Doe's all came in single filelast night, but they were 42-45 yards, had a open shot, just didn't feel confident enough.Did not see anything all day today, 1 deer between the 3 of us[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]Horrible. Illinois is turing into NY
Stick with it Dennis, its only a matter of time before the big boy comes back in to catch you napping again!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well hopefully a MONSTER buck comes in for ya! Good luck!
Old 11-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED

Well hopefully a MONSTER buck comes in for ya! Good luck!
Haha...he did, and I was asleep on the jobliterally.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

HHU and Ed; Gongrats on your bucks!!
Seth, that must really suck,I'm rooting for you.
Do agree with Solo, sounds like one lung;hope you
are able to recover him.
I hunted 5 out of the last 7 days and I am just about at
my wits end. I still haven't even seen one deer! Tried two
different areas (other than my usual area) that have produced
in the past to no avail. Seems to be very spotty as to activity
around here. I am more determined than ever, so I will continue
to pursue.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope you get a buck to Oldvolt! but I didn't get a deer yet. I am still workin at it to

Quick Reply: Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.