Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Buck Luck Thread  (33) >

Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Community

Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Old 12-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 33 Thread

That sucks man, thank god for insurance though huh!! I hope the trip to Florida is a nice one, it will sure beat the -5 degree weather!!! My rifle season is in right now and I have no desire to go out??? I am able to go every morning with the new job hours has me working 3-11, but I have lost my drive for the year!! I am already in the mood to be out trout fishin? I do however want to get atleast 2 more deer to make some bologna and jerky so I need to get my butt out there!!! Ohh well!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Typical Buck

Westernyou forgot about indawoods I think he is out of Wisconsin and they go til Jan I think??? Solo the deer start moving mid day around here if they don't they'll freeze to the frickin ground. Just gotta get between them and the corn thats left.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is possible guys! Lets keep trying, we've got 3 hunters still going... just need one two to score!

Heck, at this point I'd like to see 1 more down, just to make it a little closer. None the less its been a great year!!!

I'm getting pumped for late season hunting, once the orange army leaves the woods the deer in my area get really predictable, even easier than early season. There is really only one or two good food sources in late winter so they go from bed to food, and on colder days they get their earlier I've got a 2 week break for christmas so I hope to get one of the big guys down.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope ALL 3 of you guys score. That would be amazing.

I am bummed...I was dead set on buying that new Mathews Reezen....it is the most horrible bow I've ever pulled back...Now what, buy a 3 year old Switchback or a 2 year old DXT?????
Old 12-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Or try another brand!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

Or try another brand!
I knew that was coming...I just can't get myself to try. I did shoot the Elite Archery GT500....that was a really nice bow, but never heard of it before. I won't shoot a BLowtech if it's the last bow standing. I will make one out of saplings first.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I'm going to get one more season out of my Vtec, then I'll be in the market for a new bow... I'm going to look at all brands and pick the best... I shot a solocam Q2 before my hoyt...
Old 12-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dennis you say you wouldnt shoot a blowtech for nothing, BUT have you ever shot one? I am not a fanboy of any bow(hell i shoot a martin) but I am also like Ed I am/have been in the market for a new bow and I am leaving my options open!! Who knows I may end up shooting a wal-mart bear bow(my 1st bow,loved it)...????

I havent shot any of the new bowtechs, but my brother owns one of the Mighty Mites from prob 2000-01 and I love the feel of that lil bow? The problem I have is no place around here to shoot a variety of bows?? I did get to shoot the Mathews DXT(?), new one last year and I did not like it?? I felt like I was shooting a top heavy, loud, handshocking piece of metal???? My buddy shot the same bow beside me and had complete different opinions on it??? I guess it comes down to personal preferance??
Old 12-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Solo, I read your review and that's disappointing. I was hoping it was better. I still like my Outback. No need really to switch, other than i really want one.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pops423

Solo, I read your review and that's disappointing. I was hoping it was better. I still like my Outback. No need really to switch, other than i really want one.
I know Pops...like I said, I had cash in hand ready to throw it at the lady. I was very dissapointed and couldn't believe that bow had the "Mathews" name on it.

Seth...I have never shot a BT....for some strange reason, I can't get my self to even pick it up, I've flipped the tags they have on them and read what model it is, but that's my BT experience...almost like I'd be cheating if I picked it up.Besides, I'd never hear the end of it from people on here and at home, myDad, brother, and 2 friends I hunt with here all shoot Mathews.

Quick Reply: Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.