Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Buck Luck Thread  (33) >

Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Community

Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Old 10-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 33 Thread

Solo... That really stinks! Do you thilnk it could be your bow? or broadheads?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED

I am thinking bow...last week it tried to committ suicide when my bow rope broke while lowering it down, and it fell about 16-17 feet to the ground, but I checked the sights and stuff, everything was tight...BUT I should have known better to not at least fling 1 arrow through it before going back out...that's what I will be doing tomorrow. Hopefully it's FUBAR and I have to go buy a Switchback.....ya right, the wife would kick my ass.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

ORIGINAL: HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED

I am thinking bow...last week it tried to committ suicide when my bow rope broke while lowering it down, and it fell about 16-17 feet to the ground, but I checked the sights and stuff, everything was tight...BUT I should have known better to not at least fling 1 arrow through it before going back out...that's what I will be doing tomorrow. Hopefully it's FUBAR and I have to go buy a Switchback.....ya right, the wife would kick my ass.

[:'(]......Haha....
Old 10-08-2008, 05:08 AM
Fork Horn

Dennis, it would only hurt for a little while!!
Seriously, hope you get the bow back on track.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

Solo them damn skeeters!Better get that checked out.

Well I usually get out for sure on Wed. but turns out its my sisters b-day and she just had a baby so I kind of feel obligated to go to her b-day party/diner. I'm still undecided since its supposed to rain starting friday and not supposed to stop til next mon.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh thejoy's of bowhunting................. SO this morning, it's drizzling rain, kinda foggy looking, at daybreak I decide to just go drive around and see if the deer are moving (since I am not sure about my bow) low and behold, standing 35-40 yards from one of my spots stands 2 really nice 8's....not giants, but 120" range, which I would have taken a shot at,both had perfect width, tine length, symentry (is that a word) figures, it's going to be one of "those" years, you know the one WE'VE ALL had before.[:@]
Old 10-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey guys, sitting in LAX right now waiting for my flight home, hopefully I'll have enough time to rest on the flight home and be able to hunt tomorrow afternoon. Its going to be my only chance out till next week...
Old 10-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I got my bow sighted back in, my 20 was dead on, my 30 and 40 were WAY off.....

Went with a friend last night,I decided to film his hunt, so we set up on the ground in a corn field on the edge of the U of I....it's the same spot I missed those 2 Doe's a few days ago....and with 10 min. of light left a 140-150 walks the fence line (on the wrong side) working his way towards us, I tell Justin "Big buck, big buck"....and he can't see it, it's RIGHT there, I want to rabbitt punch him for not being able to see it LOL....FINALLY he see's it and the deer walks right up in line of where we are and he is hugging the fence, and stops and just scans the bean field that's in front of us for deer I assume, he stood there for 6-7 mins. without moving anything besides his ears and head a little. Finally he decides there is nothing worth jumping the fence for so he turns and dissapears into the timber. It was exciting, although the footage isnt the best because I couldn't reach up and zoom in due to his high alert status, but I will try and see if I can upload it...I will link it if I figure it out.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

Wow Dennis, I think I wouldcome unglued watching a buck like that,especially for that length of time. Hope you can do the video; I'd love to see it. Sounds like that would be a good buck to get!!

Glad you have the bow straightened out!!

Old 10-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Typical Buck

I'm headin out in a couple hours.

Quick Reply: Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.