Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Community

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 09-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

I did manage to purchase 2 hang ons and a 20 ft ladder stick for a big savings. The stands were $59 down to $39 and a $69 tree ladder stick minus a $20 off from the tickets we had for the concert
So by now you have one for every tree in your honey-hole? Is that the Elowapi way? [>:]

Yup, can never have too many just in case he's over there instead of over here, hanging sets for videoing plus if I have Nimrods like you come in to hunt, I'll be ready.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Came home from NY today to my new toy I've always wanted to get more serious about photography, and toyed around with the idea of getting a nice DSLR for over a year, and finally I pulled the trigger last week when I got a deal that was hard to pass up. I mentioned last week I was considering getting a DV cam for my class, but after a lot of debate, I knew I would use a DSLR much more, and since I also can justify this for my class, I can write this off for tax purposes. Well, I didn't take actual pictures of it, because my smaller camera is still in NY with my fiance, so here's a few stock photos of it. Basically I got a almost new Canon 30D with a 28-135mm IS lens, warranty, 4GB CF card, original everything, etc.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

That Matt looks like a fantastic camera. I expect extra special photos out of your entry!
Old 09-14-2008, 11:01 PM

Well guys, I cant sleep. All i can thank bout is bein up in my tree, i cant wait! I got bout 4 hours tell i can get my ride out with my neighbor so we can hunt i cant wait.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck, Levi!! Hopefully your field dressing one as I type this.

I just got off work, but Ill be in the stand tonight. Gotta get some sleep first though.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking camera Matt. It's funny you posted it, because I just bought a new Nikon D40 over the weekend as well. It'll be nice to have a camera that can take some good pics.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

That Matt looks like a fantastic camera. I expect extra special photos out of your entry!
Thanks, Rob. Hope I have something to enter so I can test my camera skills

Great looking camera Matt. It's funny you posted it, because I just bought a new Nikon D40 over the weekend as well. It'll be nice to have a camera that can take some good pics.
Yeah, I couldn't decide between Nikon and Canon. They're both great lines, and I just happened to get a great deal on this package. Looking forward to your pictures this season.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

awesome!! got a couple guys in the woods!!! good luck guys!

Matt, hope the camera treats you well!! ive kicked around the idea of a DSLR for a while...sooner or later i'll get one....but, i know when i want one i wont have the danged thing anyway...

we got a pretty nasty wind storm last night...70+mph gusts at home...it was the highest in a pretty large area from what they showed on the news...not sure how its going to effect my hunting...i know the oaks and cherrys and everything is on the ground now....worried about limbs or trees being down in my honey hole...but dont wanna try sneaking in there now with only minimal time left before the season....

got GREAT news though...a guy rents a house from the landowner of the woods i hunt...he said theres an absolute monster running the area!!! same monster as ive been talking about...but he confirmed it deeper and said he sees it pretty regular....sounds like he is living on my hill...i got corn on 3 sides of my hill and bedding on the other...white oaks, chestnuts and cherrys and pines makeup my honey hole(actually in the oaks and chestnuts) bedding makes up the 3rd side...pines and thicket and old growed up field..its always been a "buck" spot...usually has a goodun or 2 on it too...just gotta hope one shows...im now starting to worry about WHAT if one DOES show up?? will i freak out? loose it? loose focus and whiff the shot? i KNOW i gotta keep my cool and stay under control...im usually good about it...but ive never had to draw my bow back on anything "big" ive never had a problem at all before...i just gotta remember to THINK and i'll be fine if one does show up...
Old 09-16-2008, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

The wind storm Mauser speaks of is killing me. No power since Sunday night. Not expected to get it back until at least Wednesday afternoon. I have 3 freezers full of food that is in deep peril right now. Not to mention I can’t get hardly anything ready for my trip cause I am stuck dealing with no power.
I was thru Mauser’s neck of the woods for work yesterday and it was pretty bad. Trees down everywhere. The whole town I went to had no power, this really is tough to deal with.
I'm very close to panic mode.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Thanks, Rob. Hope I have something to enter so I can test my camera skills
Oh I don't mean strictly hero shots, I'm talking photos from the treestand as well.

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.