Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Community

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 09-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Oh and Matt, ask Ben about last nights B.U.C.K round. I had him beat in 6 arrows, damn near 4 arrows. You don't see him offering that information do you. Ben? Ben? Bueller, Bueller?[8D]
Now to be fair, when I beat Rob a week ago, I shared it with ONE person. Now that the gloves are off the next time it happens. Let's just say, when I do I will pull a "twildasin." And you can take both of those predictionsto the bank, poorguy.[8D]
Hey, you did better than pulling a twildasin, he never scored his last round. Sorry Ben, had to.

See ya tomorrow at the Gander Jam. Bring the credit card. LOL
I am a cash guy lately. Don't worry I've got some enough green in the wallet, I mean.....Kate if you are reading this, I am broke.[8D]

And by pulling a TW, I ment posting the victory and then getting skunked. I knew my whooping was coming.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Any of our season's open today? I'll be in NC (opened today) perched in a tree this Thursday afternoon.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

awesome Rob!!

im kickin around the idea of going doe hunting Saturday behind the house...we'll see what the weather is like...maybe just venture across the road and sit on the orchard...

got another chore outta the way...mom been on my case since i got home to finish unpacking and clean up....urghhhh my old room in the last house was seriously H U G E...it was a basement room of a good sized house and was 1/4 of the basement...forget the measurements but it was HUGE. i could keep all my hunting gear, guns, etc in there plus everything else....every Christmas mom likes to get my decorations and stuff for my room with hunting and fishing themes...this new house i can barely turn around in the room...not nearly enough wall space...cant even keep the essentials in my room! but i got done what i could and made it look decint and cleaned up the basement from the stuff i never unpacked from Cape Cod...so thats another chore off the list!

also ordered rubber boots last night...will break them in coonhunting till the season starts...hate having to use my bowhunting boots to coon hunt, but figure i can just keep them in the bin like i would bowhunting after im done coon hunting like i did last season...

ready to go....just waitin for the day to get here! got some minor gear to gather yet...gotta find the pack and get that all situated and that sorta thing...i know if i do it now i will go over it 10000 times before the day....i'll wait a bit before i load it up! trying to pack lighter this season! i always seem to take half a sporting goods store with me for a couple hour hunt!
Old 09-13-2008, 01:33 PM

Ill be up in a tree come monday morning. I cant wait. Huntens all i can think bout.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well Gander Jam was a bust. It rained a little the whole time and the crowd was slow. The deals at Gander weren't what I expected either.

We did watch Michael Widdell, Darryl Singletary, Rhett Atkins, Abby and Rose Wild sing a few songs.

I did manage to purchase 2 hang ons and a 20 ft ladder stick for a big savings. The stands were $59 down to $39 and a $69 tree ladder stick minus a $20 off from the tickets we had for the concert.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was at Dick's up here today, and they had a nice hang on for sale for $34, I almost picked one up. Why didn't I?[&:] I almost but a nice scent elimination kit, but it didn't have all the things I needed. They were having good sales there, though.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I did manage to purchase 2 hang ons and a 20 ft ladder stick for a big savings. The stands were $59 down to $39 and a $69 tree ladder stick minus a $20 off from the tickets we had for the concert
So by now you have one for every tree in your honey-hole? Is that the Elowapi way? [>:]
Old 09-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

boy my blood is pumpin!!! just got in from coon hunting...terrible night...REALLY bright...coons not moving good...deer not out....just a pretty ugly night...beats anything else, but ugly none the less...but last drop we went and got the dog out of the hollow and came back out and was leaving and we caught a deer in the headlights crossing the driveway about 15yds infront of the truck! he immediatly dropped his head and was in thick stuff but stood not fair off the drive....we got a pretttttty good look at him...drove up and backed up 5x trying to get a good view and finally got a pretty good look...he wasnt a monster, but boy did he look like a dandy....looked to be a 10pt with a 14-16" spread and had pretty good tine length....good beam length and mass wasnt bad...probably a dandy 2.5yo...maybe 3.5 but i doubt it...id say hes carrying a good 100-120" of bone on his head(probably 110ish give or take...i couldnt get a good feel for tine length but he had it and carried it all the way to the G3s and 4s were ever 3-5" and brows looked 3-5" as well... just a solid buck.....

GREAT NEWS is he was within oh....400yds of the honey hole or so!!!! better news is, the way he was coming says he just MIGHT have been coming from my honey hole...i know the honey hole has about the best/most perfered bedding in the whole area...we'll see....hoping thats where hes living...this was just before 11pm...so its hard to say.....did look ALOT like the buck that i didnt get a shot at opening morning last year, just bigger...and we didnt kill that buck or hear of him getting killed...so very well may be....

nice rob! have you used the ladder stick deal before?? i got 2 hang ons in the basement i didnt bother hanging this year...hung them last year, and beside hanging and taking them down being a major task, screwing in steps and climbing them isnt much fun....and i have to take atleast the bottom 10-12 feet out and lock it up...taking the steps out helps prevent theft, but screwing them in in the dark stinks....and, frankly they aint nearly as nice or comfy as my Viper...though i know they are cheapos...thought about the ladder deal and could take a section or 2 out and maybe they would be easy enough to throw on my back and throw on the tree when i wanna hunt that tree...just some spots its REAL nice to have a stand hung and accessible to sneak into without the summit on my back...but gotta be a better way then them danged screw in steps...
Old 09-14-2008, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Did some scouting yesterday over in Ohio with buckeye. Saw a a few 150-160's and a 200"er. First time seeing one of those in real life. There were a mile or so from where I'll be hunting.
We saw a lot of other wildlife as well; 2 efts, a black snake, coyote skeleton, a live coyote on my way home and a TON of turkeys.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

soooo i get all pumped up and loose sleep over low 100 incher...and you guys see a couple 150-160s and a 200" buck!?!?! lol...that would be awesome!!

what part of Ohio?? ive done some coon hunting out that way a couple times...never deep into ohio...club is in Lisbon but we travel from it...never more than an hour and i dont know where or what direction lol....i was shocked to find out Ohio has some HILLS...boy do they! lol never saw much deer out there so must be somewhere else in Ohio! lol...

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.