HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 - 2009 Firearm Deer Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest-99/)
-   -   Offical Team "Tree Huggers" Tread(10)!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest/261694-offical-team-tree-huggers-tread-10-a.html)

RenaissanceBiker 11-11-2008 07:04 AM

RE: Offical Team 10 Tread!!

Folks, if you get a doe it mightadd to our team score. I'm not exactly sure how this rule change will work out. Just try toget a picture of yourself, the doe and your rifle.

ETA: Each player gets to submit one buck and one doe. All does will count 25 points regardless of size. So if we each get a doe we can get an extra 250 points for the team. So go get them bucks, and if you get a doe she's good for a bonus.

Arrowmaster 11-13-2008 05:42 PM

My firearms season opens this Saturday. I hope I can knock one down.

KYDeerHunter03 11-17-2008 03:46 PM

Still nothing. Its getting down to the end....hopefully I can bag one this closing weekend

Arrowmaster 11-21-2008 09:09 PM

Im headed out for our second weekend in the morning. I hope something gives me the opportunity...

KYDeerHunter03 11-22-2008 06:48 PM

Well guys...I hate to put all of you to shame...but MY BUCK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS lol took all I had to drag him out...tipped the scales at 50 pounds:D:D

Arrowmaster 11-22-2008 07:11 PM

Congrats...

RenaissanceBiker 11-24-2008 05:51 AM

I hunted all weekend and didn't see a deer. Saturday morning it was 21 degrees. My water bottle froze and the idiot up the hill from my ladder thought a bleat can as loud as a truck horn should be used as often as possible. He once hit it 6 times in 4 minutes. I sent him a text message telling him to cut it out. Saturday evening I moved to some thick pines, made a blind out of some fallen branches and sat in a chair. The wind changed and at dusk a doe winded me. She blew a few times before running off. Sunday was warmer, 34 degrees. I think the deer were up all night eating and stayed down all day. Sunday evening they didn't start moving again until way after shooting light was gone.

Arrowmaster 12-01-2008 07:36 PM

My firearms season is closed. But next weekend starts muzzleloader season. I saw one fawn during our firearms season.

Saskabush 12-01-2008 09:00 PM

Way to go KYDeerhunter!

Well, I screwed up last week. I went back to Saskatchewan for the canadian resident whitetail season and as luck would have it shot a nice whitetail on friday. Problem is I packed my rifle and some other gear 1/2mile back to the truck before returning with the camera to get field photos. Problem is, I forgot to get pictures of the deer with my rifle in the photo. By the time I realized what' i'd done i had the buck skinned and hung. The really crappy thing is he grossed 167 and would have upgraded my entry quite a bit. Sorry team. Here are the pictures I did get of him

Arrowmaster 12-01-2008 09:02 PM

congrats. Thats a nice buck. I love the mass...