HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 - 2009 Firearm Deer Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest-99/)
-   -   Official team 14 thread TEAM TALL TINES (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest/261603-official-team-14-thread-team-tall-tines.html)

renfrowridge 09-05-2008 06:14 PM

Official team 14 thread TEAM TALL TINES

OK guy lets get check in and get this started . this team 14

Team # 14
1. squireboy--West Virginia
2. Renfrowridge- VA
3. finner-Mi
4. woodrow311 – Pa
5. Buckrubboy-PA
6. IL_Hunter – Illinois
7. bowmanaj – Indiana
8. wis_bow_huntr – Wisconsin
9. RWang – Illinois
10. djs06dc5 – Pennsylvania

buckrubboy 09-05-2008 08:13 PM

RE: Official team 14 thread

ok im not sure exactly how to getmy name like that so ill just say im signed in.

djs06dc5 09-07-2008 12:53 AM

Team # 14
2. Renfrowridge- VA
3. finner-Mi
4. woodrow311 – Pa
5. Buckrubboy -Pa
6. IL_Hunter – Illinois
7. bowmanaj – Indiana
9. RWang – Illinois
10.djs06dc5 - Pennsylvania

i'm thinkin people must have forgotten about this as did i

finner 09-08-2008 12:45 PM

Team # 14
2. Renfrowridge- VA
3. finner-mi
4. woodrow311 – Pa
5. Buckrubboy -Pa
6. IL_Hunter – Illinois
7. bowmanaj – Indiana
9. RWang – Illinois

I didnt realize teams were getting picked already, well anyway im here and ready, season dosent
start here till nov-15 and ends on the 30th.

squireboy 09-08-2008 07:57 PM

Team # 14
2. Renfrowridge- VA
3. finner-mi
4. woodrow311 – Pa
5. Buckrubboy -Pa
6. IL_Hunter – Illinois
7. bowmanaj – Indiana
9. RWang – Illinois

bowmanaj 09-08-2008 08:03 PM

bowmanaj

Checking in

renfrowridge 09-08-2008 08:40 PM

Looks like a lot of you are ready to go. this year we WIN !!!!!!

Team # 14
2. Renfrowridge- VA
3. finner-mi
4. woodrow311 – Pa
5. Buckrubboy -Pa
6. IL_Hunter – Illinois
7. bowmanaj – Indiana
9. RWang – Illinois

Does somebody want to make are team a avatar. so people know who beat them ????HA HA
we also need a captain for the team.

bowmanaj 09-09-2008 12:43 PM

Dont know how to make an avatar...

bowmanaj 09-09-2008 02:34 PM

I see a couple people onour team in the bowhunting forum, so I'll tell them to check in.

renfrowridge 09-09-2008 03:48 PM

Sounds good Bowmanaj we need everybody hear to get started or we will make the choices that have to be made with what we have. nice to see all of you here I will start I live is VA. where KY. and TN. and VA come together I Live on my own farm about 300 ac. Looks like it is going to be a good year again I am seing a lot of Bucks this year.Lets here from the rest now.

bowmanaj 09-12-2008 11:16 AM

I live in SW Ohio where Kentucky,Ohio and Indiana meet. I hunt in SE Indiana on my small15 acre property that is surrounded by corn and beans, and also with some guys in central Indiana on about600 acres of private farmland and timber. Hope its a good year

renfrowridge 09-14-2008 09:45 AM

Come on guys we need a capt. for this team where is everybody at. We have to get started. we had a fast start and thenit die out what happen we dont want this team to die do we ???

woodrow311 09-14-2008 09:46 AM

hello all chris checking in been out of town for a week bearing down in maine.

renfrowridge 09-14-2008 10:56 AM

Here is how we stand right now

Team # 14
2. Renfrowridge- VA
3. finner-mi
4. woodrow311 – Pa
5. Buckrubboy -Pa
6. IL_Hunter – Illinois
7. bowmanaj – Indiana
9. RWang – Illinois

if you see anybody on the list that has not check in on a different thread letthem know they need to check in so we have a full team.

wis_bow_huntr 09-15-2008 05:16 AM

Checking In!

renfrowridge 09-15-2008 11:19 AM

here how we stand

Team # 14
2. Renfrowridge- VA
3. finner-mi
4. woodrow311 – Pa
5. Buckrubboy -Pa
6. IL_Hunter – Illinois
7. bowmanaj – Indiana
9. RWang – Illinois

we have 2 left to go to have a full team. Come on guys make your voice heard for team captain we have to have one we are running late on this!!!!!! and we need a team Name to.

renfrowridge 09-18-2008 02:42 PM

Dideverybody gohide come on guys.. we need a name and a captain for this team. say what you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bowmanaj 09-21-2008 05:45 PM

Considering this is only my fourth season, I wouldnt be comfortable being team captain.. But I'll think of some possible names and post some

renfrowridge 09-22-2008 12:54 PM

I will thro this out for a name Wack'em and stack'em

finner 09-22-2008 01:38 PM

I got a couple ideas for names also...Team Tall Tines, or Boiler room Busters.

IL_Hunter 09-23-2008 05:58 AM

Checking in.

renfrowridge you have my vote for captain.

renfrowridge 09-23-2008 11:11 AM

Team # 14
2. Renfrowridge- VA
3. finner-mi
4. woodrow311 – Pa
5. Buckrubboy -Pa
6. IL_Hunter – Illinois
7. bowmanaj – Indiana
9. RWang – Illinois

one left and we will have a full team starting to look good
team tall tines sound good to me any more names to think about
sound off guys

bowmanaj 09-23-2008 01:12 PM

Yea renfrowridge has my vote for captain too since he organized us.

Any of those names sound good to me. Team tall tines doeshave a nice ring to it.

renfrowridge 09-29-2008 08:17 PM

Hey guys where is everybody have you been seeing any deer and anu big racks I have been watching 2 eight points cant wait for season to start
sence no one has step to be captain 2 of you have said my name so I geuss I will take it as captain.

Lets Go guy we are now team tall tines

renfrowridge 10-01-2008 08:28 PM

Hey guys i will ne gone for the next 12 day there has been a death in the fanily

renfrowridge 10-18-2008 01:33 PM

Where is everynody I have been gone 2 weeks and not one post. Are we seeing any DEER

IL_Hunter 10-20-2008 06:15 AM

I haven't been see much at all, but Saturday morning I finally had a doe come in and give me a 25 yard shot.

bowmanaj 10-22-2008 09:50 PM

I got my first bow kill on the 11th. Been seeing deer every singlesit, along with a certain flock of turkeys that likes to scare the crap out of me every sunrise by flying down from the roost about 10 feet from my head. Had a nice 8 pointer come into my calling last weekend, but couldnt get a shot.

Picture:
http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk356/bowmanaj/Adam1stbowkill018-1.jpg

Its a small deer but Im veryproud of her.

finner 10-23-2008 09:50 AM

Congrats on the nice does guys. i have been bowhunting alot lately too seen a decent buck the other night, but he was a tad to small. Gun season dosent fire up till nov 15 here.

renfrowridge 10-26-2008 11:19 AM

Congrats guys that is meat in the freezer mus. loader open sat. will be my fist day in the woods with a gun been seeing a lot of big deer so maybe I can scope a big one. The last couple of years I have taken 3 8 points I hope this year is as good.

IL_Hunter 11-01-2008 07:53 PM

BBD!! With my bow. Gun season is still a few weeks away.
[/align]
[/align]Well I got into my stand early today, but the cows were not far behind me. I was only in my stand for about 15 mins. and the cows showed up. They hung around until about 10 after 8. Around 7:30 I did have a small buck come through well out of range and with cows under my stand he was moving through fast. Once the cows finally left it was quiet and calm and I could finally start enjoying the morning. At 8:45 I saw three deer up on the ridge, I knew the way they were headed they were going to come down and cross the creek and possible come into range. As they were moving across the ridge I could see they were three large deer but I didn't see any racks, just thought they were some big does. I herd them cross the creek and then I saw him, my first thought was hes a shooter. I took a second to take a look behind him just to see what was with him, they were (2) 1-1/2 year old bucks. So the big boy comes in picture perfect. I stopped him at 25 yards and made a good hit. He went about 100 to 125 yards. I got one lung really good and just barely hit the other one. He was just slightly quartering to me. I am truely blessed. The lord has blessed me with four great season in a row now.

I scored him at 149-3/4". He would have been just over 150 if his G4 on the left wasn't broke.

bowmanaj 11-09-2008 06:09 PM

Thats awesome, congrats! Cant wait for gun season to start this saturday. I've been hunting hard with my bow but only have one doe in the freezer. Been seeing a lot of buck movement the last 3 days though. Its supposed to be 39-40 for a high on saturday around here so I'm pumped. Good luck everyone

finner 11-13-2008 07:49 AM

Congrats on the great bow buck IL hunter!!

Gun season starts here this saturday,,,the rut is really kickin in here and there calling for snow for the first few days,,,. ill be hunting the big woods again this year, lots of rubs and scapes around the area so im anticipating a great opener. good luck guys!!

renfrowridge 11-15-2008 01:54 PM

What a opening day it is raining so hard even the deer are looking for a unbeela to stay dry. I hope it gets better fast. Hey great looking deer with a bow I hope you have that good of luck with your gun.

bowmanaj 11-21-2008 10:56 AM

Yea I got soaked to the bone opening day too. I saw a nice 8 pointer in the evening, but it was way too far away. Good luck to everyone

renfrowridge 11-23-2008 02:00 PM

Well I got one a nice 6 point I will get a pic posted as soon as I can one down 4 to go !!!!

IL_Hunter 11-24-2008 08:11 AM

Well the first gun season is over and all I got was a doeSunday morning. I still have one more tag and will get out a few more times yet this year.

finner 11-24-2008 12:18 PM

Congrats on the buck renfroridge!!,,,cant wait to see the pics.

Well the first week of season is here and gone for me. Hunted hard all last week, saw a few small bucks but
toosmall to shoot. will be going back out thanksgiving and hunting thru the weekend.

Good luck fellas!

djs06dc5 12-01-2008 08:26 PM

i shot my first ever buck this afternoon. opening day of PA gun. season. will post pics sometime tomorrow. it's an 8pt. shot him on the run. when i walked up to him i did'nt see an entrance wound. but saw a good bit of blood. i picked up his head to get a look at the rack and sure enough i headshot him. get this, entrance point was his left ear, exit was out the right side jaw joint. what happened was i had just got back to the woods from dragging my buddies 8pt. he got in the morning and lunch. i had entered the woods along a fire trail but wanted to go checkout the spot where my buddie got his deer. so i turned right and headed toward a water source which lead to his spot. i got to the water and turned to head over to his spot when i picked up my head and there he was. he and i were trying to figure out our next moves when he turned his head and i knew if given the chance i was going to shoot him. i was afraid that when he saw me that he was going to turn around and hightail it out of dodge. what happened still makes me wonder...huh! he turned to his right, went down a little slope and started a full out run right towards me. as he gets close i start to raise my gun and flip the safety off. as he's about to run right by me i notice that he's looking right at me the whole time. he gets about 10 yards past me, i had the crosshairs basically on the neck(compensating/leading him a little) and fired. he went right down on spot. got on the phone to a nearby friend and waited until he got to me then went over to my buck. i think the reason that i got him in the head was there was a change of elevation right where i shot him that caused the front half of his body to go down a little. plus he was on the run. anyways i feel blessed as does my friend to have taken our first ever bucks on the same day. will post pics when i load em up.

IL_Hunter 12-13-2008 03:16 PM

This morning I decided to put my bow down and put my orange on and I grabbed my muzzleloader. It was cold and really windy this morning, it was down right misserable. At 7:30 I had a doe come up out of the creek heading right towards me about a minute late I see horns. My first thought was he's a shooter, but then he turned towards me and I thought no he's not because he was narrow. His rack was only out to the tips of his ears. So, for about a minute and a half watching him turn his head back and forth and changing my mind every time he did, I finally though it's been a long season, it's cold, it's only going to get colder, screw it I'm filling my last buck tag. I put the crosshairs tigh behind his shoulder, he was broadside at about 30 yards, and squeezed the trigger. He turnt and ran right at me falling over dead right at the base of the tree I was sitting in. In all he was with 7 does. I call him the Pimp daddy buck. I was shocked when I put the tape on him. I thought there was no way he was as big as the first one I shot this year. I was thinking mid 140's. He ended up being 154-5/8". I am very pleased. I must say the lord has truely blessed me with another great season. Now it's time to start shooting some yotes. Good luck everyone.