Community

Official Team 2 Rut Busters Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 2 Rut Busters Thread

Best of luck Wis RH on this weekend's hunt. He's a situation for you guys to ponder. I thought I would post it here rather than on the general forum. I've been hunting an alphalfa field since the beginning of the bow season this year and up until a few days ago I've seen deer on the field every evening (where I arrowed the buck early this fall). There have been times I would see 8-10 deer, like clockwork come out to feed on the field 10 to 15 min. after sundown (can legally hunt for 30 min. after sundown up here). Over the last few days (near a week), there have been thousands of geese landing and feeding on the neighbouring fields (all within about a half mile or so). Close to the time when the deer would have been coming out these flocks are all taking off to head back to the marsh for the night (Wen. night 5 flocks of at least 2000 birds each) blew over my head with the noise being so loud that I wouldn't have heard myself yelling (man are those big honkers loud). All I can figure is that all this commotion shortly after sundownis causing the deer to wait to enter the field till after dark. I know the deer are still in the area for there is still loads of sign that they are there. Wouldn't mind some opinions on this. The big flocks should be passed through in a couple of weeks so it's not like it is going to wreck my season on this field. Do you think my thoughts on this situation are correct? Nothing else in the hunting situation has changed except for the geese that have moved into the area. have any of you ever encountered this?
Old 10-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would give it time.. the deer will get used to it and in a couple of weeks they will hopefully have moved on.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

I would give it time.. the deer will get used to it and in a couple of weeks they will hopefully have moved on.
i agree
Old 10-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out Sunday morning and all I saw was a skunk and squirrels. Been awhile since I've been in my stand and not seen anything. Got me wondering. Had a trail camera out over a month and only have a doe and a buck on it. Hopefully things wwill turn around.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Weather has been cold... pre rut activity starting...

Hung 2 new stands for bow over the weekend. Checked 2 other spots and they look great... still have 2 other spots worth hunting here and there.... Monday will be here soon!

Old 10-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

the wisconsin youth deer season is this weekend. my birthdays on sunday so i hope i get a big buck for a present.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

Last year here in west Ky

dd

Old 10-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

the youth season was a bust. it was about 80 degrees yesterday and today. oh well, i still hadalot of fun
Old 10-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck DD. How's this for a day? (our thanksgiving Monday up here in Canada) Starting off by heading out do some goose shooting from about 7:30-11:00 am. Then out for lunch on the way to do a dbl. check to make sure my ML's are sited in for the opener (one week away). After that will be spending 2-3 hours hunting upland game (lots of grouse in the area where I will be blowing smoke with the ML's). Then on the way home will be stopping off at the alphalfa field, where I arrowed that velvet buck earlier this year, to do an evening archery shoot (hope to score another one, though the velvet is off). Then back home by 8 pm. Wouldn't it be nice if I could post a picture tomorrow night with 5 geese, 6 grouse, and a nice buck laid out infront of me? Will be sharing the day with a hunting buddy of over 20 years, so even if I get skunked it'll still be a great day. We don't getthe chance atmany days like this (3different hunts) so I'm really looking forward to it. Didn't even mind doing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen after our Thanksgiving dinner tonight (wife was resting on the couch with the relatives) for I knew that Monday(not that I don't love my home) but I will be out of here! Hope to share the pics with you guys Monday night.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

im leaving tomorrow after school to go to our hunting land for the state wide anterless hunt in wisconsin. ive seen alot of does bowhunting. my dad still needs to get a doe so he can get a EAB sticker. im going to try and help him out.

Quick Reply: Official Team 2 Rut Busters Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.