HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lone wolf climbers?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 03:07 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lone wolf climbers?

I have a sit and climb and echo other comments that it is easy to get on the tree, DEAD QUIET, and a very stable platform. It is a nice stand and worth the money.

A couple things I don't like about it. It is not an all day stand IMO. Others may disagree but it is not very comfortable. I have sat in in all day and that is what you are after you are better off with one of the stands designed with comfort in mind. I think a simple mesh seat would go a long way in helping with this but I haven't found one yet to try. Another consideration, they are not made for big guys. I'm not huge, 6'0"
210 lbs and the stand is too small for me. If you are much bigger than that I would think you would really not like these stands. I barely fit between the seat rails and I have to make a conscience effort every time I stand up to make sure my safety harness leg straps or clothes don't catch a seat rail. I have knocked the seat off kilter more than a few times while standing up.

The positives outweigh the negatives for me and I would buy another one. A lot of it will depend on your size and what you are after in a stand. They are the perfect stand for sneaking into an area, getting in and out. Not so good for putting on a tree and sitting for days on end.