Community
2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

Withdrawing

Old 04-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Withdrawing

I am going to have to withdraw from the Vegas league. Iwas shooting on Tuesday and on my third arrow the arrow must have shattered on release. The tip of the arrow continued on. The tail shaft went into my left hand betweem mt thumb and index finger. Missed the bone but did nick the artery. Right now I have my hand in a temporary cast. Had surgey to fix the artery....the doctor pulled out three big pieces or arrow and she said thousands of small fibers. I will have some pictures to post up....it's hard enough to type with hand as it is.

Any body heard of anything like this happening before??

Old 04-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Withdrawing

Sorry to hear that goosehunter , I know that had to hurt and you must be in alot of pain.
I hope and pray that your hand heals up fast before your turkey season opens up and you'll be able to shoot your bow again.
Good luck and God speed on your recoverey.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GooseHunter Jr.

I am going to have to withdraw from the Vegas league. Iwas shooting on Tuesday and on my third arrow the arrow must have shattered on release. The tip of the arrow continued on. The tail shaft went into my left hand betweem mt thumb and index finger. Missed the bone but did nick the artery. Right now I have my hand in a temporary cast. Had surgey to fix the artery....the doctor pulled out three big pieces or arrow and she said thousands of small fibers. I will have some pictures to post up....it's hard enough to type with hand as it is.

Any body heard of anything like this happening before??

Something like this?????? OUCH!!!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Excatly like that just on the left hand......going to the doctor tomorrow.....hoping for the best.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck man. Maybe I better start checking my arrows every time instead of just once a month or so.