Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 HNI 5-Spot League
 So who is interested in another spots league? >

So who is interested in another spots league?

Community
2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

So who is interested in another spots league?

Old 03-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default So who is interested in another spots league?

What do you guys think about another spots league? Should we do another?

Can you guys share some ideas on things we can change to make the next one better?

My first thought is a handicap system that will take the best of your previous 2x scores shot averaged to a 80% handicap. This will prevent people from having that 5+ point handicap and will also allow you to shoot a bad score without killing your standings.

I also propose that the next league be a 30 arrow 3 spot vegas league. Scoring 10X, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5. This will also prevent us from having the top spots seperated by X's only. I doubt we will see many perfect 300's shot on the vegas league, since the 10 ring is slightly smaller than a 5 spot targets X.

What do you guys think and would you want to participate? Do you guys think maybe a shorter league this time? Maybe 4 or 6 weeks instead of 8 so we are done before turkey season opens?

If you are interested, I am interested in hearing your constructive input...........
Old 03-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So who is interested in another spots league?

I'm in! The more shooting I can get in the better...and who doesn't want to have a little competitive fun while doing it?
Old 03-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm game, turky season will be bow only for me this year, shotgun has gottin way to easy. Opening weekend, two down and its over. This is the archery forum why do thaynot have a archery turky contest?
Old 03-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea ... why not count me in too , although I don't know nuttin about vegas rules except that it's a good place to lose all your money.
I'm in it for the fun anyways so let me know one way or the other.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:56 PM

Sounds like a good time to me.....Never shot Vegas before, I'll have to get some targets. Lancaster I assume??
Old 03-02-2007, 06:13 PM

I just got my Vegas targets and picked up a Mathew's Icon target bow that I'm going to rig up just 'cuz shooting from the valley on my old wheel bow is driving me nuts (might take a couple weeks to get the right draw cam in), and a new Carter Ember 1 release. I guess you better count me in...
Old 03-02-2007, 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

I'm game, turky season will be bow only for me this year, shotgun has gottin way to easy. Opening weekend, two down and its over. This is the archery forum why do thaynot have a archery turky contest?
Check out the Archer's Choice forum
Old 03-02-2007, 11:56 PM

While I got snuffed by the burnout bug a little the past few weeks, I need something to get me back in the game.

I desperately need to start back-tension though.

Let me know when you might start it, then I will make a final decision.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im thinkin bout it!! It has really helped me this past several weeks and i want to be ready for them Turks!!
Old 03-03-2007, 08:19 AM

I will need the rules but I will give it a go.

Quick Reply: So who is interested in another spots league?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.