Community
2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

What order?

Old 02-10-2007, 07:41 PM

Default RE: What order?

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

You can shoot any order you want but only one at each spot; the second shaft to hit a single spot counts as a 0. I used to remember having index marks at the edge of the paper near each spot (so when you pull up with a scope you can find the index mark at the corner of the paper and know which spot you're on) and God forbid that you draw up on your neighbor's target!! I've seen it happen. Just a hazard of shooting 6x and 8x scopes.
Actually I double checked just now and NFAA will allow you shoot as many as you want into a single spot on a 5 spot target, this was a rule change in the 05/06 season.I remember this because last year in Louisville, Dave Cousins was PO'd about a bad line call that knocked him out of the shootoff and ended up shooting his last end like this just for giggles. It was scored as a 25-5x end and all 5 of his fat 2613's were scored as inside out on the X ring.........

This is the post I was refering to.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:43 PM

Standard NFAA 5 spot scoring: 5 points for white, 4 points for blue, and zero for outside the blue. X count applies to tie breakers, w/ a perfect game being 300 w/ 60x. All scores turned in must include score as well as X count. A full game consists of 60 arrows total. These are shot in a format of 12 seperate ends of 5 arrows. Each end consists of a single arrow shot at each of the 5 spots on the target, 5 arrows total. If an arrow is touching a scoring line, it will recieve the higher score.
And THIS would be the rule I'm referring to.... Note that's it's the first one on the list.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Standard NFAA 5 spot scoring: 5 points for white, 4 points for blue, and zero for outside the blue. X count applies to tie breakers, w/ a perfect game being 300 w/ 60x. All scores turned in must include score as well as X count. A full game consists of 60 arrows total. These are shot in a format of 12 seperate ends of 5 arrows. Each end consists of a single arrow shot at each of the 5 spots on the target, 5 arrows total. If an arrow is touching a scoring line, it will recieve the higher score.
And THIS would be the rule I'm referring to.... Note that's it's the first one on the list.
I realize that, however, if we're going by standard NFAA scoring (as is written in our rules) then we're allowed to shoot as many arrows into a single spot on a standard NFAA 5-spot target face as is written in the NFAA guidelines.

Even if a rule was changed (which is the case in the 05/06 season as pointed out by Matt) it is now a part of the standard NFAA guidelines. Considering it was changed well before our contest was started...

I don't care either way, I'm just sayin'...
Old 02-10-2007, 07:49 PM

Good. If you don't care, then shoot 1 arrow at each of the 5 spots, as the rule indicates.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:54 PM

Lame.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:56 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Good. If you don't care, then shoot 1 arrow at each of the 5 spots, as the rule indicates.
He's a feisty one. . .even though he shoots pink Blazers.

[8D]
Old 02-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Standard NFAA 5 spot scoring
Not trying to cause a stink....but the first statement says standard NFAA 5 Spot scoring. And just because you guys misquoted the rules after the original statement, means we don't follow the standard rules.

To be honest, you better kick me out now. Since I shoot outside, in the gusting wind, I sometimes shoot at 3 of the 5 spots. If the wind is gusting from right to left pretty hard, I will not shoot at the left targets. Sometimes a hard gust would push my arrows off of target if I am shooting over to the left. My target is pretty much just big enough for targets.

I'm just sayin...
Old 02-11-2007, 02:51 PM

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

Standard NFAA 5 spot scoring
Not trying to cause a stink....but the first statement says standard NFAA 5 Spot scoring. And just because you guys misquoted the rules after the original statement, means we don't follow the standard rules.

To be honest, you better kick me out now. Since I shoot outside, in the gusting wind, I sometimes shoot at 3 of the 5 spots. If the wind is gusting from right to left pretty hard, I will not shoot at the left targets. Sometimes a hard gust would push my arrows off of target if I am shooting over to the left. My target is pretty much just big enough for targets.

I'm just sayin...
That's it, your DQ'ed! I don't care who you are. . . [8D]
Old 02-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Host of Hosts

Fight nice gentleman!