2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

I don't know guys...

Old 01-08-2007, 03:56 PM

Default I don't know guys...

I don't know if I'l be able to participate now or not guys. I haven't gotten any targets yet in order to shoot my scratch score and I just found out this morning that my dad and I are driving down to southern California for a week on Wednesday.

Unless I can find some targets to shoot tomorrow I won't be able to post my scratch before the deadline on the 13th.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:58 PM

Default RE: I don't know guys...

Let's hope you get them.....You gotta get that new bow run through the trials..
Old 01-08-2007, 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Let's hope you get them.....You gotta get that new bow run through the trials..
I think if I can get in there tomorrow morning I may be able to con the guys at Sportsman's into letting me get a couple from their range. I'll give them a call and find out.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know what the rules state, but I would think if you can't get the scratch rounds in that you just wouldn't have a handicap.

What do you think judges?
Old 01-08-2007, 05:12 PM

Unfortunately, there have been a couple that have posed this question...The rule clearly states scratch scores must be in by Jan. 13. I would love for everyone to participate, and I would love to be able to make some exceptions....BUT, if I do that it's hard telling when this thing would get going and over with. I guess in other words the line in the sand had to be drawn to keep this thing moving smoothly and as fairly as possible.

I just really think it's best to follow the guidelines that have been established.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:21 PM

I agree, Mobow.

I signed up knowing that the deadline for scratch scores was the 13th. If I am unable to post my scratch score by the deadline I should not be allowed to participate until the next contest.

I'll do what I can to get my scores in tomorrow sometime, but if I can't, I understand that rules are rules.

No worries if it doesn't happen, I know that we'll be doing this again.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:23 PM

No worries if it doesn't happen, I know that we'll be doing this again.
You got that right! In fact, Rick James and I are talking about a Vegas league upon the conclusion of this one.

Thanks for understanding, very mature.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan,

I really hope you can participate. I got email confirmation today that your targets shipped from LAS, I apologize for not getting them on their way sooner. They are on their way but definitely aren't going to be there by Wed. [:@]

Hopefully the local shop can get some for you.......
Old 01-08-2007, 05:48 PM

Matt, no worries bud. I know you did what you could and I really do appreciate it. I'll do what I can tomorrow to pick up a couple from the guys and get my scratch score in.

I'd say I've got an 80% chance of being able to participate, so we'll see.

What day do the first scores need to be in after we start? I may have to shoot that score tomorrow too.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:52 PM

The following Friday....the 19th.

Quick Reply: I don't know guys...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.