2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

is this right

Old 01-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default is this right

ok, so you have 5 targets 20yrds away. you shoot 5 arrows per end, and 1 of them at each traget, you count the score remove the arrows then do the same. once you have shoot 60 arrows or 12 ends, you add up the score and that is your total

I hope this is right, im new to this but as exicted as ever
Old 01-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: is this right

That is precisely it. Now all you have to do is hit the target..........[8D]
Old 01-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

cool, hitting the target is easer said than done, thanks
Old 01-04-2007, 07:45 PM

ORIGINAL: mbhutton

cool, hitting the target is easer said than done, thanks
You got that right......Actually, HITTING it is easy....hitting the X consistently isn't.....it's a heck of a mental game for sure.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:01 PM

ok, so you have 5 targets 20yrds away. you shoot 5 arrows per end, and 1 of them at each traget, you count the score remove the arrows then do the same. once you have shoot 60 arrows or 12 ends, you add up the score and that is your total

I hope this is right, im new to this but as exicted as ever
Do you mean put up 5 individual 5-Spottargets on a target butt? Or just shoot at a single 5-spot target?

Not that you couldn't do it the way you described, but it might be easier to just use one target, that way you aren't wasting so many.

That is the way I read your question anyways, but then again, I am a little slow sometimes.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, i was meaning 1 sheet of paper with the 5 circular targets on it, shhot 5 arrows, score then remove, shoot 5 more at the same target, and so on. Each time using a sharpie to mark the previous arrow shot making sure not to score the same shot twice...I think anyway
Old 01-04-2007, 09:35 PM

You dont need to mark your arrow holes with a sharpie. Just score the arrows for each end and go on. If any part of that arrow is touching the higher scoring ring, it is that value whether it be an X or 5 or 4. Just remember when in doubt, we will help you out (which means it will more than likely be a 4
Old 01-04-2007, 09:38 PM

Yeah, i was meaning 1 sheet of paper with the 5 circular targets on it, shhot 5 arrows, score then remove, shoot 5 more at the same target, and so on. Each time using a sharpie to mark the previous arrow shot making sure not to score the same shot twice...I think anyway
Yep, you got it exactly right. I would score after each end. Using a sharpie marker, just keep track of your score as you go along, I put them on the side of the target. That way you don't have to mark or circle each hole on the target.

For instance, say I hit 4 X's and one shot isjust outside the edge of the X ring. I would pull the arrows and mark on the side of the target for that end: 25, 4 X's.

Hopefully I haven't made this more complicated. I just want to make sure everyone has an opportunity to fully understand the rules and normsof 5-Spot.

[EDIT] Dang you WVBowhunter. . .posting faster than I could. [/EDIT]

[SECOND EDIT] HA, beat you to it RI [/SECOND EDIT]
Old 01-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its pretty easy to score an archery target without markers, the arrow kinda stays there for you to score it if the target butt is worth a darn. Just mark your score after each end. Its not like shooting bullets where marking the holes is a good idea.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just scratch out a score card on a piece of paper to keep track of how many 5's 4's and X's for each end and total them up when you're done (i.e. total number of 5's X 5, plus total number of 4's X 4, and total number of X's)

end |5's |4's |X's
1| ||
2| | |
3 | | |
-
-
12| ||