Community
2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

Harder than i thought!!

Old 01-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Harder than i thought!!

Ok well i just posted my first scratch score a pathetic 227 w/ 8x.

It was my first attempt at a 5 spot, and i havnt been shooting much lately, so hopefully i'll improve a lot. I think what hurt me the most was being outta practice and fatigue. It was pretty windy out as well... Hopefully my second scratch score will be better.

A question for yall, how much rest do you take between rounds??? Cause i was pretty much shooting non stop until i finished... I think i might take some breaks next time...
Old 01-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Harder than i thought!!

Don't be too hard on yourself Ed there's plenty of time for improvement.
What I'll do each time I shoot for a score is I'll shoot the first thirty since that what I'm use to at my local 3D range then grab a soda , then shoot the last thirty.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't worry about it too much, mine won't be much better.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm having NO grandiose thoughts of unrealistic super-human achievements! I have NO idea of what's in store for me. I'll shoot one of my rounds, this week......another next week. I don't have a clue as to what my scores will be.....but I'll post 'em up, anyways.

I'm gonna be tired. I know that!

Jeff
Old 01-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dont be sad.lol did you see my score, I'm in the same boat as you, I havent practiced in a while, but that is gonna change.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:02 PM

5 spot is seriously a mental game. And repitition. Not as easy as it looks, huh? Don't be afraid to take a few breaks. I generally shoot 2 rounds, chill for 5 minutes or so...and repeat.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:16 PM

Talk about wore out. Shot both scratch scores back to back with bow at 70#.Whew!Already feel'n it, i'm sure the morning may even warrant a few pain relievers!Had to do it that way because its back to 6 days a week dark to dark,on the pipeline thursday. Thanx for the opportunity to be in this league otherwise i would never have gotten a chance to do this otherwise with all the hours and traveling.Just have to find archery ranges in the towns were in and shoot!Oh, and my wife got a 245 w/4x's. Proud of her! She wanted to do this also but feels its going to be a bit much, seeing she is pregnant and due in august! Our Xmas present! Thanks again and good luck to all!
Old 01-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow ... it sure is rough shooting that many times , I'm worn out.
Just got done shooting for my first scratch score , the first thiry shots weren't too bad but my arm started getting shakie during the last thirty.
I'll wait a couple of days before I do that again and get my second scratch score posted , hopefully I'll do better next time.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tell me about it, just shot 241 with 29x. 14 of my first 15 shots were in the x spot, my last 5 arrows were 3in the 4 spot and 2 away. May back my bow down from 70 to 60 lbs. and change my let off from 65-80%. Do you guys think this might help?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:35 AM

The problem is most people who dont target shoot alot use their hunting bows set at higher weights. Most target shooters only shoot 50-60 lbs to reduce fatigue. I guess some of you can figure out why.

Quick Reply: Harder than i thought!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.