Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 HNI 5-Spot League
 Man is that first round of the year killer...... >

Man is that first round of the year killer......

Community
2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

Man is that first round of the year killer......

Old 12-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Man is that first round of the year killer......

Man is that first round of the year killer..... I definitely had some fatigue in my bow arm..... Haven't shot 60 straight shots in over a year..... Took the summer off from 3D last year and I could sure tell

Anyhow I wasn't quite where I was hoping but good enough for a "scratch score" at 70#.

Good luck guys.... It will get easier,Hoping tobe back to 3 bills soon enough.....[8D]

Post how your first round went as well.... Looking forward to checking them out!
Old 12-24-2006, 10:11 PM

Default RE: Man is that first round of the year killer......

Dude, do I ever know what you mean! I haven't shot for a score in at least 10 years......This is gonna be so much fun, I can't stand it!!
Old 12-25-2006, 12:45 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Man is that first round of the year killer.....
Blah Blah Blah.

Sounds like you killed quite a bit of the target. 292, 37 X's.

Still not better than your art work though.

Old 12-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, your gonna end up smoking us with your handicap if you indeed can get a few 300's in there down the road. I still haven't shot a game from a full 20 yards yet, took the last 2 days off because of a killer cold I have that I can't seem to shake. Tomorrow night I will definitely be shooting a scratch score though.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:52 AM

Well, I just got done with a half 300 round (6 ends, 5 arrows/end) @ 15 yrds in my basement.

I ended up with a 150, 27 x.

I plan on shooting a full 300 round at my Tuesday evening league. Hopefully it will be a good scratch score and I canshoot both of my handicap scores later this week.

Hope everyone had a good holiday season. Can't wait to start shooting in the HNI league!!

Old 12-27-2006, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last night I was still sick as a dog and hopped up on cold medicine, that stuff makes you shake horribly. Didn't get out.......today I feel much better though so I should have a scratch score up for tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:19 AM

Hope you are feeling better man.

I had the shakes last night, but it was far worse than cold medicine could have brought on.

I am a little scared as to where I am headed.

I think I might need an intervention.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I shot my bow 35 times, last night.

I'm old. Period.

Jeff

This is gonna be tougher than I imagined.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff,

Turn that thing down!! I know you want to use your hunting setup, but thats how people tear rotator cuffs. Seriously, don't hurt yourself please, I wouldn't like that at all. Most indoor shooters even in bowhunter class will use 45-60lb bows. There is no advantage indoors to a faster heavier bow.

~Matt
Old 12-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went last night to shoot a scratch score and shot very well considering I haven't shota 5 spot from 20 yards for a year or so. Had the target clean up until the 8th end and dropped I think 8 X's at that point. Just about 3 days ago I set the sear on the trigger of my ST-3 release a bit hotter and in the middle of the game I decided it was a bit too hot and tried to stiffen it up a bit........[8D]. Icouldn't get the darn thing to go off then and ended up spending the rest of the night fiddling with the release trying to get it back to where it was before I messed with it.

Quick Reply: Man is that first round of the year killer......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.