HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   The Top 20 Contest bucks......Where they lived (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/228942-top-20-contest-bucks-where-they-lived.html)

Matt / PA 01-25-2008 07:36 AM

RE: The Top 20 Contest bucks......Where they lived

I think the Biggest buck tallyis a more useful sample with regards to demographicsif you will than a total number of all bucks killed simply because we had a lot of members passing bucks that didn't fit their criteria of a shooter.
We had 3 guys on Team 29 pass up 2.5yr old bucks that would contribute to those numbers and went the season without filling their tags.

Standards play too much of a role in how many bucks in general are harvested, but a big buck is a big buck and I don't think there are very many people passing up bucks starting around 141 P&Y inches.[:-]

The number of different antlered bucksin bow rangefor the participants would be a much more useful number if you could somehow gather that info.

Matt / PA 01-25-2008 07:37 AM

Illinois acually has 4 because mine was from Illnois not Iowa!! Walt

Edited to reflect that new piece of info!:)

Germ 01-25-2008 08:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I think the Biggest buck tallyis a more useful sample with regards to demographicsif you will than a total number of all bucks killed simply because we had a lot of members passing bucks that didn't fit their criteria of a shooter.
We had 3 guys on Team 29 pass up 2.5yr old bucks that would contribute to those numbers and went the season without filling their tags.

Standards play too much of a role in how many bucks in general are harvested, but a big buck is a big buck and I don't think there are very many people passing up bucks starting around 141 P&Y inches.[:-]

The number of different antlered bucksin bow rangefor the participants would be a much more useful number if you could somehow gather that info.
Exactly Matt, I am looking at another number;)

PYbuckhunter 01-27-2008 07:13 AM

Suprisingly, No Wisconsin!

jim1966 01-27-2008 08:14 AM

Congrats guys.

treehunter 01-27-2008 08:03 PM

I would have guess that Iowa would have been on top. Illinoishas some big'uns though.

Matt / PA 01-28-2008 01:30 PM

Thanks for pointing this out to me Matt.[:@]

Maybe you could come over and kick my dog while your at it.
Sorry dude......."Top 21 Contest Bucks" didn't just have the same ring to it. LOL :D

MK M GOBL 01-30-2008 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

Illinois acually has 4 because mine was from Illnois not Iowa!! Walt
Actually 5 if I could enter a 2nd buck :D

Matt/TN 01-30-2008 08:30 PM

The contest had kind of a down year this year. Look at the biggest buck this year. I was expecting something over 200"

GregH 01-30-2008 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

The contest had kind of a down year this year. Look at the biggest buck this year. I was expecting something over 200"
Yeah! It was a real disappointment! [:-]