Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

How stupid can you be????

Old 11-26-2007, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How stupid can you be????

Not mentioning any name but cmon guys the rules for the contest were set be4 the contest was started. It was stated that if there was a questionable entry that there would be a new thread opened and theteam captains would vote. Now we had a questionable entry and a thread was opened and alot of people that are not team captains go and make a entry in the thread and post there opinions, if yer not a team captain don't go on the thread and reply.

OK here is how I see it. This is a for fun contest right? Rob has put in a immense amount of time getting the contest ready for quite awhile, donating his time and wisdom and someof you have the nerve to attack him for what he has done as far as a vote. Back to the rules in case you forgot, if you don't like the contest then don't enter the contest or drop off yer team. I myself feel the contest makes BOW season even more enjoying. Seeing what everyone else is taking with there BOWS. I agree that if you we not there then you don't know what happened but a vote had to be taken. Who cares let the darn entry stay cause it is just for fun anyway but is it fun to cheat, if you can live withcheating fine with me.

atlasman you are out of line. Rob never mentioned anyones name when he was making his point and you just assume he was talking about you. I will let you know this my friend, if you are running the contest the rest of this year or any other year I myself will not be participating in it, not for what you have done in the past but for the way you have handled yerself in this situation. If you cannot play by the rules in a for fun contest then maybe you should not enter in it. I do not know what you have done in the past but if you are feeling guilty about something then evidently you are guilty. why else would you assume Rob was talking about you. Just let me know if you are running the contest so I can have my name removed from Team 44.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:56 AM

Default RE: How stupid can you be????

I was in opposition to it being an open thread so I'll assume you are calling me stupid. That's cool. My skin is thick. However, and I amnot taking anything away from Rob and the effort he puts into this, if a thread is put on an open forum, then it's fair game for one and all. When that particular thread brings into question the character of an individual and that persons reputation is at stake then the thread itself is extremely borderline and IMO in poor taste regardless of what the rules say.

Seriously. Think about this. I'm not standing up for cheating AT ALL.I'm standing up for tact. This could have been handled way better IMHO.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Jimmi do you have any idea of what went on behind the scenes BEFORE the thread we're talking about became a public thread?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:01 AM

Tell me if I have this right......The first thread started yesterday evening like this one is deleted, so what do we do? Why, we start a new one of course. Come on guys....let it rest.

Leave well enough alone and leave it be.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:10 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Jimmi do you have any idea of what went on behind the scenes BEFORE the thread we're talking about became a public thread?
It is a moot point to me. I didn't start this crappy thread either. I wasn't even going to respond to this thread, but when Bob basically called me stupid, I can't sit on my hands.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

It is a moot point to me. I didn't start this crappy thread either. I wasn't even going to respond to this thread, but when Bob basically called me stupid, I can't sit on my hands.
Good way of proving him wrong, huh?? [8D]
Old 11-26-2007, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think we all need a break and a hug

mobow here is a cyber hug for you[:-]
Old 11-26-2007, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't call you stupid just somebody that pointed a finger at Rob. I contemplated for a long time whether or not to start this thread and decided I wanted my opinion to be heard just like everyone else that commented in the other thread. I agree that I wasn't there when this deer got taken so let it stay but don't attack someone who has put so much time and effort into getting this for fun contest started. He did this situation just like he said he would and a simple yes or no vote on whether or not to let the entry stand would have sufficed without all the outside interference from everyone who is not a team captain. OK I am done rambling and please if a mod could delete this thread I would appreciate it very much.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

Thanks brother. And I'm rather glad you decided on a cyber hug than a cyber spo......well, anyway.....
Old 11-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobow

ORIGINAL: Germ

Thanks brother. And I'm rather glad you decided on a cyber hug than a cyber spo......well, anyway.....
saving that one for the get together[:-]

Quick Reply: How stupid can you be????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.