Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em  Thread >

48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 48-Official Team 48 Thread

Whats up fellows- been busy in the last two weeks going non stop - went hunting on the east coast Mon/Tues- got a couple of does with the 25.06 - will be heading to Anson in the morning and Saturday - seen plenty of rubs and scrapes and will not take a doe there until the horns come out

The Ct scan said the radiation appears to working on pops so keep the prayers coming - good luck in the next few weeks

Frank
Old 11-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Brknarrow1970

Whats up fellows- been busy in the last two weeks going non stop - went hunting on the east coast Mon/Tues- got a couple of does with the 25.06 - will be heading to Anson in the morning and Saturday - seen plenty of rubs and scrapes and will not take a doe there until the horns come out

The Ct scan said the radiation appears to working on pops so keep the prayers coming - good luck in the next few weeks

Frank
I'm the same way as you Frank. I've got some meat in the freezer and I'm keeping the girls around for a while and waiting for bone! It should be anytime for us here in NC!!

Man, I'm glad to hear that news about your dad! That's awesome! Hopefully things will continue in that direction! Ya'll are still in my prayers!
Old 11-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Brknarrow1970

Frank
I'm glad to hear that yourdad is doing better! That's fantastic!

I haven't seen any bucks... But I have seen a couple of does and turkeys... Hopefully the rut should start this following week. (That'swhen my dadtook10 days off of work.he, he, he...)That's also when muzzle loader season starts.[>:]

Old 11-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not much action this weekend for me. I did finally see a buck hound dogging a doe. Unfortunately it was a spike! At least I saw some rutting activity. Anyone have any luck?
Old 11-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went hunting this mourning and saw 2 does. One big, one small. My dad shot at the big doe with his muzzle loader and missed, (his bullet hit a tree branch and deflected).
WhenI heard him shoot I called him on the radio and asked if he"shotsomething"...He didn't answer.... So I walked overthe hill to where he was at, and spooked the does that he shot at earlier.
The little doe was running away when I grunted at her with my "True-Talker" tube call. She turned around in her tracks and started running straight for me! I got ready for the shot...pulled my bow backand waited forher to get closer... I stopped her at 25 yards with a little mouth "blat", and fired...My arrowhit a tree branch that was 5 yards in front ofher...[>:] Deflected my arrow at a sharp 90 degree angle... Luckily,it was a clean miss.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

[align=left]Hey fellas....you have been asking for updates so here you go. I hunted all day Friday and Saturday. Friday I was ground pounding a new funnel I located.....its only around 175 yards wide. I was looking for good sign and a nice tree to hunt out of on Saturday. Was surrounded by deer all day Friday! Saw 2 doe early morning...followed by a spike, a 5 pt, a 6pt, a very large 18-19" 8 pt, and a real nice 10 or 11 pt that was prob also around 18"-20". All of the deer passed at around 40-45 yards, and were on a well traveled trail. I tried to stop the two larger buck, but they had something else on their mind. At 4:15 a saw another doe.....moving real quick. I readied myself for what was coming.....it was the big 10 pt. He was moving on her so fast with his nose to the ground. He passed at around 27-30 yards....but I won't take a shot unless its a real slow walk that has no obstructions. I really prefer stopping them. Under the circumstances, I didn't want to wound him. 15 minutes later he came back through chasing the doe....this time they nearly ran me over. It was all I could do to find something to step behind so that I didn't gert trampled.....LOL. That was the last big buck I saw Friday....bunch of 5, 6, & 7 points with the occasional spike. I decided I was definately going to hunt this spot on Saturday. Right after I left the woods Friday, I drove directly to Gander Mountain. My other stands are still set-up in some other areas I hunt, and this was a good excuse to give the wife to get a new climber. I bought the new Summit Viper SS at around 8pm and took it home. Oh boy...new gear! I ate dinner first, then opened the box and started assembling. The climbing stirrups were missing! Its now after 9:00 pm, and I can't use my stand.....and all the stores are closed! I'm boiling!! I stood at Gander Mountains store Saturday morning until they opened. I made them give me new ones, but I had to miss the sunrise hunt over this. Its partly my fault buying the stand so late....but oh well. So now its 9:15 and I'm finally in my stand. Saw 2 buck not 10 minutes later.....a 6 pt and a 7 pt. Too small to shoot. The 7 was prob around 14", and the 6 pt isn't legal around here. Need atleast 4 pts to a side. Later I watched a spike fight a 4 pt over a doe. Man did I mention the buck are chasin the doe. The rut has finally begun here in south western PA. At lunch as I was eating, the large 8 pt came in and bedded down around 75 yards from me. He stayed there for around 2 hours taking a mid-day doe chasin nap. Boy was that cool...and nerve wrecking as well. He eventually got up and headed off to find the others. It was a bit windy Saturday, so the deer were a lot more timid.....the action was around 5:30 to 6:00 instead of like 4-5 on Friday. The wind spooks them a bit and they don't move as quick from their beds. In the last 30 minutes of light I saw a different 6 pt and the same spike as earlier. This is one hot spot. At last light I though I saw the big 10 pt on the edge of the thicket, but it was too dark to tell. I waited until he passed buy, then called it a day. Had lots of action, and I will be back at it all day Monday. I took off from work so I can visit my deer friends. I will post with any updates. Calling for rain in the afternoon, so I may leave the stand for a bit to do some mid-day ground pounding. I have shot atleast half of my archery buck in the rain stalking them in thickets. I move up on their beds while they rest, and wait for them to stand and shake off the rain. Cant wait. We will see. Good luck fellas. [/align]
Old 11-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dmounts

[align=left]Hey fellas....you have been asking for updates so here you go. I hunted all day Friday and Saturday. Friday I was ground pounding a new funnel I located.....its only around 175 yards wide. I was looking for good sign and a nice tree to hunt out of on Saturday. Was surrounded by deer all day Friday! Saw 2 doe early morning...followed by a spike, a 5 pt, a 6pt, a very large 18-19" 8 pt, and a real nice 10 or 11 pt that was prob also around 18"-20". All of the deer passed at around 40-45 yards, and were on a well traveled trail. I tried to stop the two larger buck, but they had something else on their mind. At 4:15 a saw another doe.....moving real quick. I readied myself for what was coming.....it was the big 10 pt. He was moving on her so fast with his nose to the ground. He passed at around 27-30 yards....but I won't take a shot unless its a real slow walk that has no obstructions. I really prefer stopping them. Under the circumstances, I didn't want to wound him. 15 minutes later he came back through chasing the doe....this time they nearly ran me over. It was all I could do to find something to step behind so that I didn't gert trampled.....LOL. That was the last big buck I saw Friday....bunch of 5, 6, & 7 points with the occasional spike. I decided I was definately going to hunt this spot on Saturday. Right after I left the woods Friday, I drove directly to Gander Mountain. My other stands are still set-up in some other areas I hunt, and this was a good excuse to give the wife to get a new climber. I bought the new Summit Viper SS at around 8pm and took it home. Oh boy...new gear! I ate dinner first, then opened the box and started assembling. The climbing stirrups were missing! Its now after 9:00 pm, and I can't use my stand.....and all the stores are closed! I'm boiling!! I stood at Gander Mountains store Saturday morning until they opened. I made them give me new ones, but I had to miss the sunrise hunt over this. Its partly my fault buying the stand so late....but oh well. So now its 9:15 and I'm finally in my stand. Saw 2 buck not 10 minutes later.....a 6 pt and a 7 pt. Too small to shoot. The 7 was prob around 14", and the 6 pt isn't legal around here. Need atleast 4 pts to a side. Later I watched a spike fight a 4 pt over a doe. Man did I mention the buck are chasin the doe. The rut has finally begun here in south western PA. At lunch as I was eating, the large 8 pt came in and bedded down around 75 yards from me. He stayed there for around 2 hours taking a mid-day doe chasin nap. Boy was that cool...and nerve wrecking as well. He eventually got up and headed off to find the others. It was a bit windy Saturday, so the deer were a lot more timid.....the action was around 5:30 to 6:00 instead of like 4-5 on Friday. The wind spooks them a bit and they don't move as quick from their beds. In the last 30 minutes of light I saw a different 6 pt and the same spike as earlier. This is one hot spot. At last light I though I saw the big 10 pt on the edge of the thicket, but it was too dark to tell. I waited until he passed buy, then called it a day. Had lots of action, and I will be back at it all day Monday. I took off from work so I can visit my deer friends. I will post with any updates. Calling for rain in the afternoon, so I may leave the stand for a bit to do some mid-day ground pounding. I have shot atleast half of my archery buck in the rain stalking them in thickets. I move up on their beds while they rest, and wait for them to stand and shake off the rain. Cant wait. We will see. Good luck fellas. [/align]
Man Don it sounds like you've got yourself a honey hole there!! I just now have seen my first chasing action. Eventhough it was a spike following a doe, it was neat to watch. Hopefully you'll stick that 10!! Good luck man!
Old 11-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

well boys ive been busy as hell lately and havent had the time to inform you that the buck i shot is still livin.....it pisses me off so much, i looked everyday for a week and didnt find anything not even my arrow....then the other day guess who we got a picture of on our camtrakker....ill have to post the pictures this beauty has a hole in the shoulder and is still alive...the day after we recieved that picture i went hunting in our swamp and out of nowhere i looked down and there my arrow was...still wet blood on it and everything and this was like a week and a half later....the arrow was a good 40 acres from where i shot him....sorry for the bad news and i hope to shoot another one and actually kill it..
Old 11-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully you'll get another crack at him and you can finish the job. How big was he?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:59 PM

Man Aaron...thought you had that brute!!!! Good to hear he's still around and hopefully you'll get another shot at him. I'm heading out tomorrow evening hoping to catch up with one of the bucks runnin' around the properties I hunt. Good luck to everyone!

Quick Reply: 48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.