Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 42-Official Team Thwack Attack Thread >

42-Official Team Thwack Attack Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

42-Official Team Thwack Attack Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default 42-Official Team Thwack Attack Thread

Looks like a good team. How about everyone check in and tell us a little about yourself and your hunting circumstances.

I'm 44 years old, in the navy for 25 years and have been hunting since I was 12. I'll be hunting 8 different properties with a total of about 1000 acres in Southern Maryland.

SouthMDarcher....where in Southern Maryland are you?

Team 42.....................Thwack Attack

137 wis_bow_huntr
159 titleist_03
166 NavyDeerHunter
240 SouthernMDarcher
248 rybohunter
358 buckeyehntr5
268 gergie
190 dnutt
101 ryanhm82
197 Njbuck22
Old 08-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 42-Official Team 42 Thread

Hello Teammates!!!! I'm 30 years old and live in central New York. Since moving from PA 4 yrs ago I have taken 2 nice bucks with my bow. I havepermission to 2 -60 acres of land the is surrounded by deer management. With another 100+ at my disposal. I look forward to helping my team earn the title of 2007 HN Bowhunting Champions.

On a side note I got married last night...
It's OK, she knows she married a hunter!!

Does anyone else practice deer management?

Navydeerhunter, my father was in the Navy in the 70's for 4 yrs and just retired from Army reserves after 20+ years of service. He was on the USS Tripoli and a few others.

Hope to hear from you guys soon... I'm going to hang a stand!

Old 08-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best of luck Team 42....

Rybo, have a great year, I am gonna keep track of you over here bud, gonna miss ya..
Old 08-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

You too Troy,
Luck of the draw almost had us on teams again.

Hi fellows team 42 guys. I'm from the pittsburgh area, should get lots of time to hunt, including a week at the beginning of november. I hunt a lot of pressured areas but manage to do ok on taking the nicer bucks in my areas.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:11 PM

I hunt a lot of pressured areas but manage to do ok on taking the nicer bucks in my areas.
Dang Ryan, don't go playing with a needle, we dont want you to pop that inflated head of yours.... can we say...EGO
Old 08-13-2007, 05:55 AM
Typical Buck

Okay gergie, I have to question your priorities. You just got married and the day after are on HNI? Everything okay there? I can see if it were hunting season already, but....
Just kidding. I got married in April of this year and like you...my wife knows exactly what she has gotten herself into.

I forgot to ask in my original post...when do seasons start for the rest of you? Mine starts September 15th and although it'll be hot, I'll be out there.

How about Sunday hunting? Here in Maryland we can only hunt on a few sundays out of the year. We got a couple more added this year and will hopefully be able to hunt every sunday sometime soon. We're one of only 7 states with that law still on the books and for us it's the oldest remaining "blue law" we have.

Good luck to all and post trail cam pics if you have them.

Craig

ORIGINAL: gergie

Hello Teammates!!!! I'm 30 years old and live in central New York. Since moving from PA 4 yrs ago I have taken 2 nice bucks with my bow. I havepermission to 2 -60 acres of land the is surrounded by deer management. With another 100+ at my disposal. I look forward to helping my team earn the title of 2007 HN Bowhunting Champions.

On a side note I got married last night...
It's OK, she knows she married a hunter!!

Does anyone else practice deer management?

Navydeerhunter, my father was in the Navy in the 70's for 4 yrs and just retired from Army reserves after 20+ years of service. He was on the USS Tripoli and a few others.

Hope to hear from you guys soon... I'm going to hang a stand!

Old 08-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi everyone, my name is Chris and I am 25 yrs old. I live on the border of Guernsey and Muskingum Counties in Ohio. I have 2000acres of AEP property in Muskingum county that I lease with 8 other guys. My father and I also havetwo 100 acre farms in Tuscarawas county and a 150acre farmof our own. We are allowed to hunt on Sundays and all of our properties have produced large bucks every year. My 2006 10 pt gross scored at 161 2/8 and one of the guys in our lease group harvested an 18pt that grossed in the lower 200's and netted 183 1/8. My season starts on Sept. 29th and I wish allmy team 42 members good luck this season.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

You too Troy,
Luck of the draw almost had us on teams again.
I noticed that bud when I saw where the chips fell... Oh well, we may not be on the same team this year here, but I will see you in 08 for elk! Take care my friend..
Old 08-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that everyone hasn't checked in yet but i was itching to get a couple of ideas for team names. Any ideas?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:04 PM

Hey there people. My name is Dave, I am 44 years old, been bowhunting since I was around 13. Retired From the Air Force about 3 years ago ( no AF jokes Craig LoL). I am in St. Inigoes Md. Kind of hard to scout with the all the corn in the fields. Have seen a few ok bucks but nothing spectacular. Check in with you Gents later.

Dave

Quick Reply: 42-Official Team Thwack Attack Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.