Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 42-Official Team Thwack Attack Thread >

42-Official Team Thwack Attack Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

42-Official Team Thwack Attack Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 42-Official Team 42 Thread

Sounds like everyone is in the same boat, i went out last night with high expectations. I had patterned 2 bucks coming to a creek to drink every afternoon at 5. I had seen them 3 times before from my stand in the acorn ridge about 100 yards away but couldnt get a good look at them to see what caliber deer they were cause of the brush. My hunting partner kenny and i decided to take a chance and get on them before they changedoff their pattern. The 2 deer would come out of a thick bedding area down the same path until they hit the creek. There are no good trees for a stand along this path. After they have their drink, they take a quick left or a right, doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to their decision, so i went to the right side of the path, about 75 yardsaway,and kenny went 75 yardsto the left side of the path. I saw a spike buck and that got my hopes up cause i had seen him with the other 2 before. I then got a call about 20 minutes later from kenny saying he shot a buck and that deer were coming my direction. I didnt see anything, so after about 45 minutes, i got down and we went and got his deer. It turns out that it was a 7 pt, probably score around 85 inches. Not a big one, but it was his first with his new bow, so he was happy. I have pictures, but i forgot my camera wires, so i will post them tomorrow.
Hope all is going well with you all, im going to try a different property where i shot a 115 inch 6 pt 2 years ago, so im keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing tonight boys. Got in the stand after workat 5:40. Had a small 6pt come by at 35yds. Also seen some does and a couple fawns, but nothing came in close enough. Neighbor seen one of the big boys out in the field a couple nights ago around 6:30.Hopefully try to get out tomorrow orFriday. Temps are going to be really hot this weekend, upper 80's.[:@]
Old 10-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never ended up getting out yesterday afternoon, it was 93 degrees here. Where is the cool weather?
Old 10-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

Gentlemen,
Glad to see everyone is doing good. Sorry I've been away for awhile, but with salmon fishing,scouting and shooting my bow I've had zero time. Not to mentioon I started the married life 2 mths. ago. So,all and all it looks to be a goood season. I really have not seen anything out of the 110-120's yet,but that can change at anytime with cooler weather next week as our season opens next Sat. I'll stop back before the opener to drop a line or two.

Good luck and Be Safe.

-gergie
Old 10-05-2007, 01:25 PM

Went out wednesday evening. Saw 2 does with a fawn all within 20 yards at approx.610pm. Had a little and I mean little basket 6 pt. come within 10 yards of the stand at approx 635pm. Not seeing alot of deer movement still. Home early today, just a tad cooler with cloud cover. Possible afternoon/evening showers, think I will take a hike out to stand #1. Maybe with some weather moving in the deer will be up and about. Wish me luck.

Oh yeah, some of these guys on other teams are tagging some monster bucks from states not known for having them. Point is, you never know whats coming down the trail gents.

Dave
Old 10-05-2007, 06:32 PM

Much better night tonight. Had 4 does 3 fawns, fork and another small six point ( not same deer I saw wednesday) all within 10 yards of the stand. I also saw about 45 - 50 yards away a nice 8 ptmilling around but he never came any closer. All in all a good night in my opinion.

Dave
Old 10-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK guys, thursday night I missed a doe with my longbow. I made a good shot, she just ducked, it was about 15 yds.

Tonight(friday) I scored on a doe with my compound. Just got done quartering and getting her in the cooler on ice. Nothing went right this evening. it was 90 degrees. I dropped my cell phone from the tree. The landowner was cutting wood where I intended to go, 4 deer came after he left, got scared away by a tresspassing quad riding idiot, I doe grunted them back in and shot the medium sized doe. Unfortunately I spined her. but was able to administer a 2nd shot rather quickly.

I still intend to hunt in the morning. but unless its a monster buck its only going to get its picture taken.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats rybo! Went out Sat. and seen 7 doe, but none came in close enough for a shot. Bad news is that we found 5 dead doe's over the weekend. This hot weather really makes it easy to find them. Hopefully we won't find any bucks, but I'm sure their out there. I'm praying for a cold front and frost.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

This weekend sucked! Upper 80's, but still went out since it was my first chance. I filmed for a buddy Friday night and Saturday morning, but never saw anything. Then it was my turn to hunt Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Saw 11 in the afternoon (2 small bucks, 9 does/fawns) then 1 single doe on Sunday morning. Nothing was close enough. Crops are still standing on the lease we were hunting. We were able to locate a neighboring alfalfa field that corners up to the property. We made the switch to that on Saturday and the deer were there. Hopefully when we make the return trip up in a couple weeks the crops will be out. If they are, and the temps are cooler we should have more luck.

Until then, I'll be hunting around home. Good luck to all!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:10 PM

Hey guys whats up? Just popping in to say hi. Weather man says high of 70 thursday thru sunday. Sounds like a nice break from the heat. Thinking of taking thursday and friday off to hunt if it cools down. Whats going on with you Navy?

Dave

Quick Reply: 42-Official Team Thwack Attack Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.