Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread >

11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread

I'm glad to hear all is well, Cap'n. I hope you tag a bruiser!!

22, I hope you nail that sucker!

Good luck!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

22, That's looking sweet. What time of day/night was that really taken? I doubt it was 4:20 in the afternoon. Looks too dark. I hope to see another picture of that guy real soon!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Monie, I hope ALL of us tag a bruiser, or one that makes us happy!

22...Good luck with him. He is real nice.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

HAD THE BEST HUNT OF MY LIFE TONIGHT...sat for a little bit watching birds make alot of noise in front of me in some brush. I then hear deer noise behind me ,,,I turn around and see a deer making a whole bunch of noise. Then I See a huge rack tearing the branch of a tree up!! I knew he was a nice one being able to see his rack through all the trees and brush. After I stood up I gave the Can a try. Im not sure if he heard it or not , but he did proceed to cut across to where I needed him to be. When I got a clear look at him, man o man I havent ever seen a buck that big while on the stand!! He looked like a huge 3.5 year old 8, pry 130# and thats huge for where I hunt in southwest MI IMO. I WAS SHAKIN IN MY BOOTS. He got to about 40 yards out which is about the max I will shoot , but the stand I was hunting in didnt offer a lane. I needed him to come about 10 yards south in any direction and I WOULD HAVE HAD A CHANCE!! Just my luck he goes north and continues to tear up yet another scrape. I try to grunt him this time and he looks up as I freeze every muscle in my body, he looks down, and then he proceeds to tear up his scrape.. I grunted him again but same response...he finally walked off.. And not so long after I had several deer also all around me at dark just being louder then can be. ITS PRIME TIME!!! Im going out in the morning

Do you think its possible he saw me? I honestly don't think he did by how he wasent alert at all.

-Sparrow
Old 11-08-2007, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think he saw you. I think he was more interested in his scrapes. I was reading an article about calling in big deer. It states that you have to use the deeper grunts and larger rattling antlers to get their attention. The article said that mature bucks won't respond to puny calls or rattles during the rut. So, give it a try. Make it sound like two brutes are going at it. You might get that big boy's attention.

Good luck!
Old 11-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

yeah its at night i got the camera time mixed up need to fix it. hopefully sat i will have a daytime pic with me holdin up his rack.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Saw another monster tonight, this time about 200yards across the field chasing a doe. Its prime time!!!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SparrowHawk

Saw another monster tonight, this time about 200yards across the field chasing a doe. Its prime time!!!!!
Good Luck Sparrow. Sounds like its going to happen, bud.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys Heres another one for us! I havent scored him yet. I'll have to wait till this weekend when I get his skull back from the taxidermist (I give him all my buck capes just in case he needs extras) Here is a link to a lil tid bit Rick James posted -http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2444227&mpage=1&ke=

Old 11-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

A big congrats to you, jawshooter. I was going to give you an early one, before you posted. Great buck, and story to boot. We're on the way up TEAM! Way to GO!

Quick Reply: 11-Official Team 11 Pernicious Predators Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.