Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 36 Official Team PassThru Thread >

36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Well guys I think my season is over. Sorry I did not put any numbers up this year. I stayed at the cabin 19 nights total and hunted 19 evening and 19 mornings with that. A totalof 38 sits in trees and never saw a decent buck all season. Matt and I had a lot of fun while he was in town but the hunting was not what it has been in the past. I have several theories about that but nothing I can do anything about now. Can't control the neighbors eh???? I might post in the bowhunting section about that later on and get some opinions but that is for another day.

Good luck to all that are still hunting and if I am able to get out in the late season I will post how I do. For now I don't think I will as I did hunt more days this year then I ever have. My new wife has been VERY understanding about all of that.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I just got home from a muley hunt out West with rifle. The hunting was really tough, it was un-seasonably warm and the hunting pressure was real high. I end up with a good 4x4.

For conditions archery hunting it is insane. I watched 16 different bucks on my land fighting/pushing does hard. Its going to be a good week!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

Well fellas, sorry I was unsuccessful with my bow this year. I still can go but usually after rifle season it gets pretty rough especially since our ajoining neighborsfound 5 poached deer last yearand one already this year withthe bucks head cut off. Deer become very nocturnal and at the moment my food sources have been sprayed for future projects I have planned for our wildlife farm. Anyway, I was successful on this rifle kill on Saturday the 10th. He has a 21.5 inside spread which was fantastic. All I had seen this season is crap racks and young guys until this guy let it be known he was looking for love. I'll go bowhunt a few more times and try to help out team 36. Good luck guys.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,
Got my last week before gun season.. so I gotta connect this weekend, hopefully the high winds dont prevent to much movement! But Ive got 5 shooter bucks, its just a matter of time, tomorrow may be an all day sit for me if I can tolerate the wind/cold...
Old 11-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wishing you luck HuntingEd.

I made an iffy shot tonite on a real nice buck. When I anchored when I pulle dback my elbow hit a low hanging limb over my head an snapped it. He was less than 10 yards from me when I pulled back, he spooked an ran to 40 yards and was quartering away real hard. I put the arrow right in front of his hind quarter, and watched my lumenock completely dissappear. As he was bolting away I gave a few grunts and he stopped, stood there for a few seconds, then took off. It sounded like he went maybe 30 more yards then I heard a crash, then it was dead silent. About 10 minutes later I'm searching the ground with my binoculars for the arrow, when I see a 2x2 appear where I thought the deer went down. He starred where I thought the deer went down, stomped a bit, then walked off tense like. So in 20 minutes we'll see what happens.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck findin your deer rammer!

I just went to check a camera tonight and found one stolen!!! I hate that people have no respect for others property, plus that means they are hunting my spot!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I discovered that I hit a lil limb right before the arrow got to the deer, which deflected it upwards (explains why I lost sight of the lumenock) then I grazed over his back, giving him a mo-hawk. Found alot of hair where he was standing, no blood, fat, tissue on my arrow what-so-ever. So pretty much a clean miss. I guess I feel relieved, I'd rather have completely missed than wound a deer of his caliber.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hit one tonight guys, a decent 8pt probably 16" wide. Gut shot though... will take up the trail at first light..
Old 11-17-2007, 05:19 AM
Host of Hosts

Good luck Ed!
Old 11-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rifle season opened today. I didn't get a buck today, I was helping a buddy do some hunting today an put him on a 165" brute. Hopefully, my bigger buck shows up tomorrow!

Quick Reply: 36 Official Team PassThru Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.