Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 01-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Way to go Blue! I've been absent for a while, and was blown away that we got ANOTHER buck! AWESOME! Blue, you da man!
Old 01-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well it looks like the only one not to score (that participated) is ArrowDynamics.Hope you still have some time to score.

I just wanted to say it was a pleasure being on a team with everybody. You all are a great bunch of guy's and great hunters. Any of you ever make it to Wisconsin and need a place hunt give me a shout. That encludes you Duke I know you aren't that far away from where I live but about 4 hours from where I hunt.So if you need to lay down some footage let me know.

I hope we can ride out the rest of the season and win this thing.

Quick thanks for the link to shoebuy got mine yesterday. Next year should be good try and hold out for a book buck in 08.

I'll check back for our Victory dance.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey thanks 130.. when I hunt Wisconsin I really love to hit the public land. But if they bring back earn-a-buck and I need a buck tag next season I just may give you a ring. Doe's are harder to come by on most public pieces I hunt it seems!

And it has been a pleasure to be all of you's team mate too. It looks as though we'll be back at it next year together. Let's do it again! I really feel like creating a dynasty.. the first ever at HNI.. that would be cool..
Old 01-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys, it's been a few days since checking in.

Blue - Awesome work man! Way to stick at it! A late season buck is always well earned!

Well guys, with Blue's buck, it looks like we are in pretty good shape for the contest. It's been a blast getting to know everyone. I'm already getting pumped thinking about next year.... Only a little over like 7 months until archery antelope opens - am I sick or what
Old 01-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice southdakota... I always wanted to hunt antelope.

But for the record.. if we're going to be teammates next year.. I want know everyone's first names.. just so I don't have to type sooo much...

Gentlemen.. my name is Mike.. but you can still refer to me as Duke. Duke is a nickname my dad gave me.. when I was younger I watched alot of John Wayne movies.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good callMike. From this point on, we're all on a first-name basis.

I'm Fran.

130 - I appreciate that offer, and I would always extend the same offer to you guys. If y'all ever want to come out to PA and hunt - you give me a holler and I'll put a roof over your head, food on your plateand put you on deer or turkeys or whatever wild game floats your boat. But, we all probably have the same problems (cashflowand vacation time restraints). And women. They can hamper your hunting activities too. Don't tell my wife I said that.

...and that was too good a deal on those alphaburly's to pass up. I almost paid $109 at Gander that weekend, but the checkout lines were long, and I thought "I can probably find these cheaper online."

Jason - do you hunt speedgoats near your home, or do you have to travel to get at 'em? I know the feeling about the anticipation. I'm already staring at maps of public lands in Ohio and figuring out where I'm gonna scout this summer. This really is a sickening addiction that never ends. LMAO

I'd like to get out and start picking up sheds, but studying for this bloodyBar Exam sucks. I take it at the end of next month, so it effectively sucks up every stitch of spare time that I have. [>:] If I pass - mark my words - you guys will get to witness one of the single biggest parties of all time. I think I might celebrate for a full year. I might go on a world tour or something. Max out my credit cards on deer tags, plane tickets, ammoand wild unchaste women.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck on the bar Fran...

I've picked up 3 sheds already.. but I'd say a good 95% of the bucks still are sporting two sides here in Illinois.

I picked this one up on Sunday.. Justin's hunting hole.. The shed was a year or two old.. it scored 69 6/8"...

Old 01-10-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Fran I hunted PA a few years back it was a great hunt beautiful country. It only took 12 hours to get there not that bad of a drive. Good luck on the bar exam.

Jason I always thought about trying speed goats but I would like to try it with the bow and if that didn't work out I would like to break out the 7mm and smoke 1. Can you do that?

By the way the name is Dan. I'm trying to buy the 84 acres next to me. The old farmer that owns it is a little hard headed.It would be a nice addition to my 130. It is about 70 percent woods and 30 percent over grown pasture. I can't wait to make that pasture into a food plot.We hunt it now and have a couple of trails on it but it would be nice to close it off.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking shed there Mike!

And since were all finally getting aquainted, im Al! haha
Old 01-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

My name is Jason.

The closest huntable population (in my opinion) of speed goats is about 3 hours – though I would prefer heading out a little further than that. In SD I believe that you can technically draw a rifle tag and then hunt with a bow.

The thing I don’t like about rifle goat is that it’s during archery deer season – granted it’s early season but still I like the idea of being able to start my big game hunting in Aug or first part of Sept. when I can’t be hunting much else. They also rut during the archery season, so they are moving better.

It would probably be tough to pull off with everyone but a Team 13 antelope hunt would be a blast….Hunt during the day and grill and camp out drinking some frosty brew hahs in the evenings…

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.