Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 11-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Got one today boys!! will have pics and stuff on here later tonight or in the mornin, scores in at a 108.5 7 pt!!
Old 11-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh... gobblegetter YOU MY HERO!

Congrats man... can't wait to see the pics!
Old 11-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks SouthDakota.. I amhappy you read it.

Yeah... sometimes you don't want to listen to that inner person, but without him I would probably not have hadthe shot. Funny thing is I was originally going to leave itout ofthe story.. but my wife said it was an important piece and I should leave it in for sure.

Thanks again.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

GGNY - sweet!!! You rock - way to keep at it! Can't wait to see the pics!!

Duke - amazing how that 'inner voice' works...The morning I shot my deer at the last minute going down the highway I had a gut feeling to sit my location that is my 'traditionaly' my evening stand... Again - great read - glad you left that piece in!

I'm a little bit bummed out tonight . I was rifle hunting this eveningand missed a great buck... I was walking a little grassy ravine and just as I got to the bottom he jumped from the rim... Hewas only about about 30 - 40yardsaway when he busted - I was ready and was able to get a quick shot off - but that was it. By the time I got to the top edge where I could see - he vanished..... Those ones sting - I'll be replaying the whole scenario in my heads for weeks... If there is silver lining to the whole thing is that I think I found another good location to hang a stand for archery season next year - just about 75 yards to the south there are a couple of trees and a lot of sign. I've only really hunted this field with the rifle - but I think there could be some potential to archery hunt next year. A guy can never have to many choices.....
Old 11-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got back from the nine day gun season I saw 7 Deer only 1 buck a small spike. We had 9 people out hunting and not 1 shot fired. The bucks seemed to have the does locked down and nothing was moving. It sucked it was the worst gun season I ever had. Late bow season starts next week and goes until Janurary sometime. I make it out for that.

ORIGINAL: quiksilver
130 - I'm happy with the way this season went. I wound up killing 2 of the nicest bucks I had in range. I really wanted a PY class deer, but in the areas in PA where I hunt, deer of that caliber aren't exactly behind every tree. So, I have to temper my expectations accordingly. Next year, I'll raise the bar a notch in Ohio. I have no doubt that I can do better if I put in the time. Hey man, good luck if you get out in the late season with the wife. U get a lot of gun season pressure on your property, or is it pretty quiet? Around here, every deer in the entire state is totally shell-shocked after gun season.

LMAO Women.....
Old 11-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrat's gobbler I knew you could do it.Can't wait for the pics. Are we in 1st now?
Old 11-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Spike

Great job Gobblegetter, your persistence sure paid off. Congrats!

Duke- That was a great story on a great buck. Thanks for sharing it.

SouthDakotaHunter- Sorry about the miss, maybe you will put an arrow in him next year.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys we're close!! Looks like team 29 nailed another one though - which will put them over 700... Looks like someone else is still going to have to connect. Stay after it guys!!!! We should still only be no more than 50 points or so off the lead...
Old 11-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

AAHHH having some serious internet/picture issues. Im on a public computer at school right now. I should have him entered by late tonight or so with the story and pics posted on here. Till then thank you all for the praise and the support!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok im having some problems anyone know how to get these darn picture things to work?!

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.