Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 11-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

gobble...

click to upload picture.. then after uploading click on embed pic. in post.

picture needs to be smaller usually so you'll have to resize. Try 400x300 in pixels. This will usually work the best. Hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

GGNY - big congrats buddy. You definitely paid your dues, and you deserved to fill that tag. I'm happy 4 ya man. If I were you, I'd upload the photos to photobucket.com, and then post them using the photobucket url. It's fairly easy, but you might have to tinker with it a little bit.

I just got home from 5 days at deer camp. Went up on Saturday, season opened Monday.

My buddy wound up killing a beast 4x5 from one of my funnel standsat noon on the opener. He was happier than a pig in mud. I've never seen a deer with antlers quite like it - palmated from base to tip on both sides, huge mass measurements. Really neat rack, with a drop on the right. He had gangrene all through his neck, and he probably had 2 dozen holes punched in the hide around/behind the ears. He had acouple points snapped off, and both ears were torn up and split. He was a brawler for sure. 1.2 mile drag out, and that wasn't fun at all. Thank god for deer carts, of his cape would have been dragged bald by the time we got it out.

It was a monsoon all day Monday, 35 degrees and genuinely miserable in every possible way. My clothes were so wet that they didn't dry overnight, so I got the joy of wearing cold, wet clothes on Tuesday. Camp is nice, but it doesn't have a laundry dryer... Unfortunately.

I only had a doe tag left, so I just put on the safety glassesand work gloves and ran clearcuts and dragged deerfor 3 straight days.I didput out a decent six pointer that one of the guys killed. Also jumped acouple un-i.d.'ed deerand 2 coyotes, but both of the dogs were too far out ahead of me to pick up. I saw a few doe, but the herd up there is pretty thin - so they were in no danger. I was really hoping tolevel the .300 ona couple coyotes, but no dice.

Unfortunately, I think my cell phone is now laying somewhere in the Allegheny National Forest, and I suspect that there's a porcupine dialing 1-900 numbers on it as we speak. So that sucks. I can't function without my cell phone. I'm praying that it turns up when I do laundry tonight. If not, I'm hosed.

Guys, I'm worn out. I dragged 4 deer, hung and pulled stands, walked about 30 miles, swam through too many thick tangles to even count, and came dangerously close to a bad scenario with a hostileporcupine.

I figure in one month, there should be sheds on the ground. Time to recharge the batteries.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/gunner7114/?action=view&current=070.jpg

Heres the link to the photobucket account that i just made, official score at 106 5/8!

Not a real spactacular story. Seen a few does eairly, plenty of squirrels. Next thing i know i hear some steady crunching footprints commin from the east. The big boy marches in to 32.5 yards and i let him have it. Double lungger and he runs only about 60 yards and drops. And just like that, end of season!
Old 11-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats! I'd be perfectly happy with a buck like that. Unfortunately I have only seen one earlier in the season and I suspect he bought the farm during MZ season, because I haven't seen him since.

I'll keep looking I've got 5 more weeks in the season, I expect to hunt at least 10 more times by then, I should be able to put some bone on the board though I doubt he'll look as good as yours.

Nice deer GG.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

No Bow in your picture.
ORIGINAL: gobblegetterNY

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/gunner7114/?action=view&current=070.jpg

Heres the link to the photobucket account that i just made, official score at 106 5/8!

Not a real spactacular story. Seen a few does eairly, plenty of squirrels. Next thing i know i hear some steady crunching footprints commin from the east. The big boy marches in to 32.5 yards and i let him have it. Double lungger and he runs only about 60 yards and drops. And just like that, end of season!
Old 11-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

Pic number two, see top left of the page to select, has the bow.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mcouey

Pic number two, see top left of the page to select, has the bow.
What he said. lol
Old 11-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats again on a fine buck gobblegetter...!

mcouey.. Good Luck and shoot straight!
Old 11-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks duke! Thats right Mcouey we need one more buddy!!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

GGNY - sweet deer - great work!! Man we're close!

Mcouey, Blue.., Arrow.., Bama... - everything is up to you guys! Do what you can - we're only 46 inches off the lead!

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.